TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mizuno Pro 221/223/225

yungkory

21 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Just got back from the golf show here in mass. I’ve been trying to be calm and play another year with my 790s…..I swung and was shaft optimized at the show……I don’t know if I can hold out a year for the 225’s…..soooo sooooo smooth

... Pro 225's look so good but don't forget the '22 Forged Tecs coming out next month.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

8 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Doooooooo it

I’m already looking at what I can get back. Looking like All in all it’s a $200 purchase. Seems reasonable to me!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Pro 225's look so good but don't forget the '22 Forged Tecs coming out next month.  

So I swung those as well (believe it was 21 anyway) and they are veryyyyyy close. Was a real big fan of the look at address of the 225 and nothing to do with the clubs but the guys at the tent there were awesome. Very knowledgeable and interacted wit Bryan and I way better than cobra. For me that little bit is worth my business TBH 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

So I swung those as well (believe it was 21 anyway) and they are veryyyyyy close. Was a real big fan of the look at address of the 225 and nothing to do with the clubs but the guys at the tent there were awesome. Very knowledgeable and interacted wit Bryan and I way better than cobra. For me that little bit is worth my business TBH 

... '22 Forged Tec's look so much better than last years imo but I have not hit them yet. It is amazing to me that any customer event is not staffed by someone that understands they can make or break a product. I have found when the actual OEM Reps are there it is usually a very good experience. But many OEMs hire folks to run their demo days when they are lumped together at a Winter or Spring Golf Show and those guys are really hit or miss. Some can be real a$$holes to golfers that know nothing or know more than they do. 

... The great thing about todays clubs is almost everyone makes top of the line products and it can come down to personal preference for the clubs OR the company. Those 225's look amazing. 

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... '22 Forged Tec's look so much better than last years imo but I have not hit them yet. It is amazing to me that any customer event is not staffed by someone that understands they can make or break a product. I have found when the actual OEM Reps are there it is usually a very good experience. But many OEMs hire folks to run their demo days when they are lumped together at a Winter or Spring Golf Show and those guys are really hit or miss. Some can be real a$$holes to golfers that know nothing or know more than they do. 

... The great thing about todays clubs is almost everyone makes top of the line products and it can come down to personal preference for the clubs OR the company. Those 225's look amazing. 

It was wild. Cobra guy was totally unrelatable and really wasn’t interested at all in getting us on to the mats it felt like.

mizuno guys talked shop it was awsome. The shaft optimizer was the real deal too.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

The shaft optimizer was the real deal too.

... I really doin't know why every OEM does not have one. 

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Doooooooo it

Yeah @Lacassem DOOOO IT 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

9 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Yeah @Lacassem DOOOO IT 🙂

... Stop dragging everyone down your rabbit hole to justify your purchase!!! (Forged Tec's are different) 🤪

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Just got back from the golf show here in mass. I’ve been trying to be calm and play another year with my 790s…..I swung and was shaft optimized at the show……I don’t know if I can hold out a year for the 225’s…..soooo sooooo smooth

You know you want them. I'm glad you had a positive experience at the show. 

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... '22 Forged Tec's look so much better than last years imo 

I've hit the pitching wedge and it is probably my favorite Cobra club ever and I am not a cobra fan.  Definitely a solid club can't wait until I hit some of the other clubs.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, chisag said:

Can confirm @Lacassem and I hit the new 2022 Forged Tec irons.  Took a picture, but won’t post here since they’re still embargoed (I think anyway).  Visually they look much more refined versus the Forged Tecs I’m currently gaming.  They also had a refined, but familiar feel to mine, which I think as accurately been described as a touch firm, but solid.  

With the Mizuno’s I don’t know if it’s that copper layer or what, but they felt so buttery soft at impact.  I’ll want to hit them on a proper simulator and get some comparisons versus my gamers, but on feel alone they put up a strong argument.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

With the Mizuno’s I don’t know if it’s that copper layer or what, but they felt so buttery soft at impact.  I’ll want to hit them on a proper simulator and get some comparisons versus my gamers, but on feel alone they put up a strong argument.

... Sweet! No surprise Mizuno with a copper layer is softer than the new Forged Tecs. Something I will have to get used to because these MIM's are the best feeling irons I have played since my Z101's and MP33's. 

I’m getting p770’s with p790’s in the 5 and 6.

spent the morning at Roger Dunn and it was quiet, so the dude spent a long time with me. I hit the 223’s and 225’s, the forged tec’s, the 790’s, among others, but the 770 was really nice on the metal graphite shaft. I forgot what it was called.

but then, I put the head on the Ventus blue regular flex, and the Angels began to sing. I swear it was the most incredible experience ever. Buttery smooth and soft, baby draw after baby draw. Probably 15 shots in a row that you could have covered with a Kleenex. Effortless.

so I tried a few other clubs and was all over the place, so I went back to the p770 again, and the angels began singing again. Easy 10 longer than the 223’s on Steelfiber (but this was the only other club that felt as good) good spin and launch and descent. It was like they were designed and built especially for me. But it was funny watching the other people in the store looking around when the Angels sang… haha

wow

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

14 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’m getting p770’s with p790’s in the 5 and 6.

spent the morning at Roger Dunn and it was quiet, so the dude spent a long time with me. I hit the 223’s and 225’s, the forged tec’s, the 790’s, among others, but the 770 was really nice on the metal graphite shaft. I forgot what it was called.

but then, I put the head on the Ventus blue regular flex, and the Angels began to sing. I swear it was the most incredible experience ever. Buttery smooth and soft, baby draw after baby draw. Probably 15 shots in a row that you could have covered with a Kleenex. Effortless.

so I tried a few other clubs and was all over the place, so I went back to the p770 again, and the angels began singing again. Easy 10 longer than the 223’s on Steelfiber (but this was the only other club that felt as good) good spin and launch and descent. It was like they were designed and built especially for me. But it was funny watching the other people in the store looking around when the Angels sang… haha

wow

May we start calling you “The Sneeze” Mr. Kleenex man?? 🙂

Congrats on finding the right ones!

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

5 hours ago, bens197 said:

May we start calling you “The Sneeze” Mr. Kleenex man?? 🙂

Congrats on finding the right ones!

Haha well… uh no, probably not 

let’s not mistake one small clip of time for a good swinger… 

but,”  the sneeze” is kinda funny…

We had a weather break up here and we're currently mid 50's with the sun.  I went to my spot and while getting a bucket the manager mentioned my 223's were being shipped.  Yesterday was 6 weeks so I suppose it's about right...As I said before, if they took another 2-3 weeks I'd be OK with it.  

So based upon that info, I said a temporary goodbye to my Hogan's...they're not going anywhere, just to my backup bag thats all.  

I'll go on the assumption that tomorrow or Monday will be the day.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

image.gif.395b074676c8fba8261463be6fe553c0.gif

me, one day after ordering…

On 3/31/2022 at 11:37 AM, bens197 said:

We had a weather break up here and we're currently mid 50's with the sun.  I went to my spot and while getting a bucket the manager mentioned my 223's were being shipped.  Yesterday was 6 weeks so I suppose it's about right...As I said before, if they took another 2-3 weeks I'd be OK with it.  

So based upon that info, I said a temporary goodbye to my Hogan's...they're not going anywhere, just to my backup bag thats all.  

I'll go on the assumption that tomorrow or Monday will be the day.

Great news!

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

I have a combo set of these and they have been great. I have been playing the 225 and 221s broken up between the 6 and 7. With a fli hi 4 iron.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 4/2/2022 at 10:37 AM, Quigleyd said:

I have a combo set of these and they have been great. I have been playing the 225 and 221s broken up between the 6 and 7. With a fli hi 4 iron.

Did you need to bend lofts to make the combo work?

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

Good news!

The shop called about an hour ago and they've arrived 🙂

Picking them up tomorrow morning. woo hoo!

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

24 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Good news!

MY MAN *Denzel Clap... ya know the one*

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

9 hours ago, MWGolf23 said:

Did you need to bend lofts to make the combo work?

Yes. Tweaked the 6 weak and the 7 strong. Each by a degree. Works perfect for me.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Good news!

Calling in sick tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

Calling in sick tomorrow?

Fortunately, I am on my 3 off so I won't go back into work until Wednesday.  

Unfortunately, I am rebuilding my fence thanks to a windstorm this weekend so I won't be able to get out until Friday or Monday...

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

4 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

MY MAN *Denzel Clap... ya know the one*

The one where your hands hurt? Yep...

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Well, a fence can wait…

I see you got the new clubs Into the signature already… I suppose I’ll have to wait a few more days anyways…

23 hours ago, bens197 said:
4) Now that I have my bag all set, what in the world am I supposed to do @Golfspy_CG2 Am I now supposed to keep these clubs and not buy more??

You bag is never set; you must continue the pursuit to find better clubs.  One day as age catches up to you or technology changes you will find something better.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG