Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wet Weather gear

JFish350

Living and playing golf in Oregon we sometimes play in a drizzle of moisture. For those of you who also don't mind a touch of weather especially when on a golf trip with multiple days/rounds planned, What are your go to keep the dampness and down right soaking rain away from the body? 

I personally don't mind some weather, but when its a steady rain, windy, cooler (below 50) it gets tough to stay focused when your trying to make sure your clubs don't fly out your hands.  

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

I lived in Corvallis for 20 years; moved east of the Cascades because... well, it doesn't rain much.  I don't like playing in the rain, and playing in the desert I feel like I don't have to.  Wait a few hours!  

We did get much needed drizzle with wind today just when we teed off, but it wasn't bad.  I thought it would quit before we finished the round, but it lasted until after noon.  Sunny now!!!  

I don't do anything special.  Today I wore my Oregon Research rain hat which I keep folded up in my bag... just in case I get stuck in the rain somewhere.  Since it was nearly 70º I wore a golf polo, my Circling Raven GC wind vest (in case the rain quit and sun came out), and a light water resistant wind shirt.  I wore long pants for the first time playing since last spring.  I don't wear a golf glove; my Pure DTX golf grips are fine in the rain.  I will wear a glove when I'm in a hot, humid location because of the sweat.

Today I used my Sun Mountain Dry Hood that I carry with me.  Easy to pull clubs; better than fussing with the bag's rain cover.

image.png.a420633f0cdba4c5ef1aabe5bcfaa556.png

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This reminds me that I need to get the rain equipment out. I will play in rain unless its an absolute downpour. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Rain gloves are something I just purchased and had the chance of using that week, they worked fantastic. Currently have a top and bottom rain gear on my birthday wishlist! Looking at the foot joy pants because sizing looks the best with the sun mountain jackets

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Rain gloves are perfect for hot/humid weather....instead of sweating thru a couple of gloves. 

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

16 minutes ago, EEZurg said:

Rain gloves are perfect for hot/humid weather....instead of sweating thru a couple of gloves. 

That is actually a great point. I myself have the problem of moisture in my gloves needing possibly 2 gloves with as much as I sweat

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Tried it for the first time this summer....wish I had years ago.  They come in pairs but for humidity/sweat I only used/needed one.

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

I use to play in all sorts of weather. Goretex hat, jacket, and, pants. Wool sox with Nike Air Bandons(discontinued, so, I switched to Footjoy Rain Boots). Moisture wicking base layers on top and bottom(most of my bad weather rounds had temperatures in the 40's and 50's.) A lightweight fleece mid layer (hydrophobic), this kept me dry, if my jacket wetted out.

If it isn't too windy, an umbrella helps. 

1 hour ago, bellken said:

I use to play in all sorts of weather. Goretex hat, jacket, and, pants. Wool sox with Nike Air Bandons(discontinued, so, I switched to Footjoy Rain Boots). Moisture wicking base layers on top and bottom(most of my bad weather rounds had temperatures in the 40's and 50's.) A lightweight fleece mid layer (hydrophobic), this kept me dry, if my jacket wetted out.

If it isn't too windy, an umbrella helps. 

Love my Nike Bandon Dunes... originals.  Not sure what I would replace them with; can't wear Footjoy.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 9/20/2021 at 8:02 PM, Kenny B said:

Love my Nike Bandon Dunes... originals.  Not sure what I would replace them with; can't wear Footjoy.

I wore out a couple of pairs of Bandons. The Footjoys are on year 3, so, they may need to be replaced soon. The Adidas S2G Mid-cut might be worth a shot.