MGS - Yahoo Fantasy Golf 2012 (THREAD)

Maverickping

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

I miss all my B list players from last year <_>

Thank you very much Yahoo...

Na as an A seemed strange, but Glover seems like a better fit in the B.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Na as an A seemed strange, but Glover seems like a better fit in the B.

I'm just talking about the webb simpsons and steve strickers who deserve to be in A, but luckily were in B last year.

The one big anomaly in my book, is that J. Vegas was put in A...

Hey Guys -

I saw that there were over 1,000 views of the contest but upon signing up today there were only 30 of us or so that got in the contest.

Whoever is reading this and has not signed up is missing out on a great contest.

Last season the prizes were phenomenal(I should know)... :D

Lets make this a real contest - please take the time to sign up.

If you are a member here you already have an interest in the PGA and obviously have your fav's each week. Unlike Las Vegas, your picks cost you nothing other than a bit of time and the satisfaction of seeing how well you picked that weeks best players.

Lets see 200 players -

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

I've never quite understood how the a-b-c groups are decided. Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood in B-group. Graeme McDowell, Martin Kaymer, Charl Schwartzel and Louis Oosthuizen in C. Seems that some of the best players are spread across the groups.

Deon,

Thanks for running it again. I'm in as Ozark Hacker which I am. LOL

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym 3HL & hybrid 21*

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Hey Guys -

I saw that there were over 1,000 views of the contest but upon signing up today there were only 30 of us or so that got in the contest.

Whoever is reading this and has not signed up is missing out on a great contest.

Last season the prizes were phenomenal(I should know)... :D

Lets make this a real contest - please take the time to sign up.

If you are a member here you already have an interest in the PGA and obviously have your fav's each week. Unlike Las Vegas, your picks cost you nothing other than a bit of time and the satisfaction of seeing how well you picked that weeks best players.

Lets see 200 players -

rob

+1

I was new last year (to fantasy), and this contest got me hooked.

I've never quite understood how the a-b-c groups are decided. Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood in B-group. Graeme McDowell, Martin Kaymer, Charl Schwartzel and Louis Oosthuizen in C. Seems that some of the best players are spread across the groups.

I think it is based on some calculation of the previous years finishes and schedule played, mixed with some popularity. What I mean by popularity, is no mater how bad Tiger, Phil, Westwood, etc play, they are never going to be out of the A group, because they are some of the most popular guys on tour. That leaves everybody else and you can't stick them all in the B group. Since Mcilroy, Kaymer, Oosti, etc played a limited PGA schedule, it pushed them to the C. With Rory playing more this year, he'll probably be an A player.

First year of fantasy golf...you gotta start somewhere. I'm in! looking forward to it. Trying to get a few of my buddies that frequent the website & forum to get involved also.

Failure is not an option - but I'm ok with losing! ha

I'm in, last year was great but I'm hoping to choose a little better this year! Thanks MGS for doing this!!!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

So haw many people are there total this year? I can see that the initial group is maxed out at 50... how many other groups do we have?

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

So haw many people are there total this year? I can see that the initial group is maxed out at 50... how many other groups do we have?

I know there are 5 groups available, not sure how many are full. I believe I will be contending for DFL again this year, regardless of how many people play.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Can anyone let us know what the total number of people entered is? I know that the first group was full, and we have 48 in Group 2.

Is there any way to check standings in the first Group so we can know where we stand overall?

damn holidays... was away and missed week 2 xD such a pity! week 1 went pretty well for me! won't happen again!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived