Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

autoflex help

Hello all, maybe some knowledgeable member can help me out ,I am a newer golfer I live in A resort city in Mexico were I do not have access to any club fitters  , My carry is about 200 yards ,I do not know my swing speed  ,I purchased the S405 AF ,Total length of the shaft grip to adapter is 43 inches ,that was my old shaft so I went that length hoping to hit the center of the face .

Head is a TM M4 DTYPE ,I weighed on a kitchen scale 196 grams .

Grip is Gold Pride tour velvet 360 standard size , does anyone have any idea what swing weight that will put me at ?? If not correct recommended swing weight what TM head would be best for my setup ? thanks in advance . 

5 hours ago, rubenmartinez13 said:

does anyone have any idea what swing weight that will put me at ?? If not correct recommended swing weight what TM head would be best for my setup ? thanks in advance . 

You really need a swingweight scale to determine what the swingweight will be.   There is no "correct" swingweight as it is player dependent.  Some players like heavier; some like lighter; and some can't tell the difference.  Best advice is to put the club together and see how it works.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For the Autoflex specifically, its more about the headweight that trying to get to a specific swingweight. There is a lot of talk in optimizing the Autoflex online. That 196 is going to be pretty heavy for a 405 Autoflex, because its actually 196 plus the weight of the adapter as well. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

hello thanks for the reply cnosil you are correct ideally I would get fitted but there is no were within 500 miles to do that here no swing weight scales ,or anything .

and yes dlow this is for For the Autoflex specifically, 43 inch total length grip to adapter ,what Taylormade head would you think would be a better fit ? sim max 2 maybe? sorry but I am a new to golf and really new to equipment ,I already spent over 1k getting this shaft I really want to match it up with the best head .

Thanks 

I'm using mine in a Sim2 head.  mine weighs around 198 but I'm using the 505 autoflex.  I tried lowering the headweight down 4 grams or so and really didn't work any better so I went back to standard.  I'm probably boarderline between 405 and 505.  I went with the 505 due to getting it used and save some $$.  Think my swingweight was around a D0 if I remember correctly when I had it checked.  I personally wouldn't worry so much about the SW but just go hit it and see how it works.  Just an update, I reread your post and I also have an M4 D type and it worked really well in the autoflex except I was drawing it too much.  Definitely worth trying your driver with the shaft first for several rounds before investing in a different head.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

thanks for the reply ,yes i am getting lots of over pull draws , I know it is a swing issue more than the head working on my path at moment  ,I am thinking of going with the SIM 2 MAX  , the M4 D  is the only driver I have ever owned so its time for a new toy ,I think the   SIM 2 MAX will also allow for more tinkering as well.

thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, rubenmartinez13 said:

thanks for the reply ,yes i am getting lots of over pull draws , I know it is a swing issue more than the head working on my path at moment  ,I am thinking of going with the SIM 2 MAX  , the M4 D  is the only driver I have ever owned so its time for a new toy ,I think the   SIM 2 MAX will also allow for more tinkering as well.

thanks for the help

check with @revkev  he's using a 505 in a SIM 2 MAX head.  he may have some words of wisdom for you.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

On 9/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, rubenmartinez13 said:

thanks for the help

A few thoughts come to mind immediately.  What length is your shaft relative to what you had in prior?  You might try opening (lofting down) the club a few notches, this could eliminate the over drawing.  

I really like the SIM 2 head with the auto flex in - my swing speed with it thus far is between 93 and 98 - on the high side for me - average of 95 mph with average carry of 222 - the ball just seems to stay in the air forever.  I live in Florida and even though it hasn't rained much the last two weeks it's still pretty wet after a summer of record rainfall so not a ton of run, yet.   

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD