TESTERS WANTED! ×

Alphard club booster V2 stalling

jsilva

Hi folks,

I have the V2 and it's been terrific except for the following. After stopping it, hitting your shot, and proceed to move, has anyone had their V2 stall? In other words, you press the forward button numerous times and it doesn't move. It eventually will start but it's somewhat unnerving. I've updated the firmware and it's doing it far less, once or twice a round as opposed to several times. I would appreciate any feedback, or if anyone else has been having this same or similar problem. Thanks.

I have the same unit and experienced the same stalling scenario - unit moves roughly a foot and then won’t accept any more remote inputs for ~15 seconds. Happened maybe 4-5 times over the course of 18 holes.

After reaching out to Alex (Alphard founder) he determined it was most likely a bad remote _or_ alternatively an issue with the RF module. He initially had the U.S. distributor (Proactive Sports Group) send me a new remote which did not solve the problem. After that he had them ship me a new motherboard. That also did not solve the problem.

Here’s what I have further narrowed down regarding specific incidence: 1. it is much more likely to occur after having initiated the remote lock function. 2. it is much more likely to occur when I quickly input a second forward speed increase from a stopped position.

Potential workaround procedures that have improved my experience: 1. allow the unit to move several feet at the slowest setting before further increasing the speed. 2. use the (15 yard) programmed distance remote input to initiate forward motion after the unit has been locked and sitting (i.e. remote has been locked in your pocket for a few minutes while putting).

I’ll be curious to hear if your experience mirrors my own. Alex has not been forthcoming re: whether ours is a common issue but I’m leaning that direction.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Hi Downlowkey,

Thanks for responding. Your issue is the same exact issue I'm having. It usually happens after the unit has been sitting for a while, foursome getting up and down to finish the whole around the green or after we tee off. They first sent me a new remote, that didn't help. They then sent me a new motherboard, it helped a little bit, and lastly we updated the firmware to the latest version. It's helped somewhat, now it only does it once or perhaps twice a round. I've been speaking to Nick, and he's been helpful, but I keep stating that this product has a one year guarantee. I live in the northeast, and I purchased the V2 in March and my golf season will be over more or less in about a month and a half to two, I will be missing out on 3 months warrantee. I asked him if they sell an extended warrantee but they don't. Nick said they'll work with me after the warrantee is done, as long as it not too much after it's been voided which is somewhat comforting, but not entirely. After communicating with you, it seems to me there is a bigger issue with the V2. If it's happening to you and me, it must be happening to many others. I'm going to speak to Nick at Alphard and let him know I've communicated with another V2 owner who's having the same issues as me. Hopefully they'll figure out what's wrong and let us all know what the fix is. I will try your workarounds and see if it helps. Also, can you enlighten me on what an RF modulator would be? Thanks again, I look forward to speaking with you again. All the best to you

1 hour ago, jsilva said:

Can you enlighten me on what an RF modulator would be?

RF module is a part wired into the motherboard that allows the V2 unit to receive wireless signals from the remote. If the stalling issue persists after my warranty expires, I may try to fab in an external antenna to see if that helps and should also significantly extend the remote range.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

• 8 months later...

I have the eWheelsV2 since 11/2020.  It's run fine...'til now.   I've not been using it for nearly a month.  Fired it up yesterday.  All seemed good.  I'd charged both motor and remote batts and headed to the course.  Got it all set up, all lights looked normal....won't run off the remote.  Went thru all the "rebooting", i.e. took batt out of the motor and put it back in, re-paired the remote.  Nothing...it won't run and none of the buttons on the remote will do anything.....they do light up and the remote appears to be normal.   Went to my iPhone CBV2 app and the motor will run off my phone.  I've never used that method on the course and not sure I want to start now.  Any ideas?  Of course it's Sunday and I have golf early Mon morning so wont be able to phone Clicgear.    Has anyone had similar experience?   Can anyone tell me or guess how easy it will be to run the cart off the app if I want to try that in the meantime?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

i have a V2 with remote and tether. now I have the following problem. suddenly, the motor will stop and all  lights on the board go off even though fully charged. then I try to restart pressing the on off button but  will not not goes on.. I push the cart manually for two holes ( what a pain) and then retry the on off button and it goes on... anybody had the same problem ? please let me know..I love the V2 .. when it works out good. thank's

Francois from Quebec Canada

• 6 months later...

I've owned the Alphard V2 since June 2021. Everything was running smoothly; except for my last 3 rounds in Jan 2023.  During the back 9, the unit shuts down on its own and restarts within seconds.  As I wait for it to restart, I will press the remote and the cart does move forward.  Problem is that it will then shut down again.  This process repeats itself randomly but once it starts, it continues throughout the round. The only solution is to then push the cart and shut down the entire unit.  Alphard has responded to my initial request for help... asked a series of follow up questions (which I have responded) but its been a week now and have not heard back.  Still waiting for resolution.

I have the same issue with the V2 unit shutting down....the lights will flash then no lights as it turns off on its own. I'll push the cart manually then turn the V2 on and it will run again for a while. This tends to repeat itself throughout the round.   I've upgraded the firmware as well. I'm hopeful Alphard identifies the issue and supports a permanent resolution. This is really frustrating! Please communicate any fix when able.   

Oh oh.... Now I'm a bit nervous as I've bought one for my wife's birthday - coming up next month - so the unit is still unused, in the box.

I also bought the new Sidekick "follow me" add-on .. was hoping this would all make walking a round much, much easier for her ..... 🤔

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 7:21 AM, Slunik said:

I have the same issue with the V2 unit shutting down....the lights will flash then no lights as it turns off on its own. I'll push the cart manually then turn the V2 on and it will run again for a while. This tends to repeat itself throughout the round.   I've upgraded the firmware as well. I'm hopeful Alphard identifies the issue and supports a permanent resolution. This is really frustrating! Please communicate any fix when able.   

Same issue here with the V2.  Alphard told me to buy a new battery.  I doubt it's a battery issue as the unit has 2-3 lights on once it turns back on.  Not sure if it's worth investing more into Alphard versus looking a different brand (although this would be a more expensive option).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also having the stalling problem but the battery seems to have some capacity left when the motor turns back on.  I reported the issue to Support and they (Tony) told me that it's a battery problem and that I need to purchase a new battery.  I bought a new battery and the cart still stalls but it does last 2 more holes than the previous battery, and sometimes it does make it through the round.   Additionally, the rubber pieces that are inside of the clamps have now worn out and I've ordered replacements but there's been no updates on that order or from Support in 4 days.  

This was a great cart for almost 18 months but has now turned into an expensive and heavy push cart.  I might buy one of those all-in-one motorized push carts instead.

• 2 months later...

I Have had the same problem. I have 2 batteries and it does it on both.

The best method I'm finding is when it stalls. The top light on the battery Indicator is Flashing, but if I put it in reverse and back up and then go forward, it seems to clear it out. For the last couple of weeks this seems to fix it every time

13 hours ago, GEM said:

The best method I'm finding is when it stalls. The top light on the battery Indicator is Flashing, but if I put it in reverse and back up and then go forward, it seems to clear it out. For the last couple of weeks this seems to fix it every time

Huh! Great find on that workaround 👍

So far (knock on wood, fingers crossed, etc) have had no problems with my wife's battery or unit, but def gonna keep that hack in mind.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg