Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Can older shafts be fitted with adjustable sleeve tips?

brutal brutus

Long story short(kinda LOL), I recently got back in the game and am currently retooling my bag. Started with replacing my Hawkeye VFT with a used Titleist TS3 and i love it, especially the way they do their loft/lie adjuster... which i will come back to later...

My brother offered me a set of irons to replace my 2001 Golden Bears. Loved those irons  but i beat them up pretty bad for a couple years i worked at a course. Was playing 3-5 rounds per week. I can't complain though, for the bottom end of the middle tier of clubs back then, they served me very well. He was in the middle of moving across country and stopped by on his way thru and dropped them off...  "Here you go man, keep them or sell them but if you sell them, i get half." At the time i thought it was a bit weird but after seeing them, i knew something was up. They are maybe the best looking irons I've ever seen and were barely used. He stayed for a bit then got back on the road. As soon as he left, i went and checked them out... 2019 Titleist T200s(Thanks Bro lol)... I was shocked.  I called him and asked if he was sure he didn't want anything for them if i kept them. He said "nah man you're good. I got a good deal on them and wound up not liking them and then never got around to reselling them."

I thought about selling them since i could probly get $700-800 for them in the barely used condition they were... but then i tried them and it was love at first strike. HAHA

Anyway, now to the fairways section and the main reason for my joining here and posting...

I have the Tight Lies ST 3w and 7w and i still like the 3w but the 7w was already used when i got it 20ish yrs ago and then sometime around 2010, i chunked a shot in a soft spring fairway and hit into a french drain and put a couple good gouges in the face. So, since i got all these nice looking clubs surrounding this eye sore I've been looking into a replacement for it.

I've been messing around with a friend's H2 #4 hybrid and have been really liking it but I pretty much quit playing in 2006ish(maybe played 10 total rounds '06-'15 and didn't play at all after that until a couple months ago) and i think Hybrid/Rescue clubs were just starting to take off then... and between the adjustable heads, adjustable shafts and shaft technology in general, I'm kinda lost lol.

I've got a line on a nice Tsi2 #4 hybrid that i think will pair nicely with my 3w but it has a senior flex shaft on it. Plus, i would like to keep the 7w shaft if possible just so i have a similar feel with both my "fairway" clubs. I know there are some older shafts that just work in todays club heads but...

Does anyone know if you can fit a TrueTemper Bi-Matrix like the one below with the Titleist loft adapter? If not, it's not that big a deal but i really like those shafts and also the Titleist version of the shaft adapter. If i could get both to work on one club, i would be very happy.

post-1353-096257700%201349286796.jpgtruetemperbimatrx.jpg

Thx guys/gals. Hope to conversate with you all in the future.🏌️‍♂️

Edited by brutal brutus

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

Definitely should be able to. As long as the tip is .335". I would highly doubt that club was .350".

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, jtgavigan said:

Definitely should be able to. As long as the tip is .335". I would highly doubt that club was .350".

If this chart is correct, then it is indeed a .350...Adams.xls (golfclubshaftreview.com)

ugh

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

1 hour ago, brutal brutus said:

If this chart is correct, then it is indeed a .350...Adams.xls (golfclubshaftreview.com)

ugh

Yep,  looks like a .350 tip size.  https://www.golfworks.com/images/art/Adams.pdf

that said,  you can buy aftermarket .350 Titleist fairway adapters  https://www.ebay.com/itm/143406350588?_ul=IN    Note:  I am not advocating this eBay account but simply indicating you have options   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG