Getoffmylawn's Unofficial Review of DECADE Foundations

Getoffmylawn

Great review and lines up,with my thoughts on the program.   For those on the fence, Scott typically gives away the first month for free without any credit card required.  Additionally,  Scott posts on YouTube and his Twitter and instagram feeds are good follows.    While Scott comes off as pretty abrasive on social media I had a couple of questions about decade and he setup a ne on one zoom meeting and provided some great insight. He genuinely wants to help people play better golf.  

• Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Great review and lines up,with my thoughts on the program.   For those on the fence, Scott typically gives away the first month for free without any credit card required.  Additionally,  Scott posts on YouTube and his Twitter and instagram feeds are good follows.    While Scott comes off as pretty abrasive on social media I had a couple of questions about decade and he setup a ne on one zoom meeting and provided some great insight. He genuinely wants to help people play better golf.  

Thanks, and I'll second that...Scott's extremely responsive.  I had some questions for him about Foundations vs Elite and he had plenty of time to trade multiple messages with me about it.

• Like 5

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

• 2 weeks later...

So after reading about Decade and watching a few videos on YouTube, I decided to signup myself just last week. I played my first round using Scott's teachings and immediately saw improvement.

I've really been struggling off the tee as of late which has completely drained any confidence I had in what was once the greatest strength of my game. By selecting better targets off the tee, I was able to make more confident swings and hit more fairways with much better misses - only one drive left me without an opportunity to go for the green.

My performance into the greens was somewhere between average and slightly above average, but again, my misses were so much better and I always gave myself a chance to save par.

I'm looking forward to learning more and implementing the methodology better.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 54* & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

• 3 weeks later...

OK dumb newb question - can you use Decade Foundations *without* entering stats during the round, eg. can you enter whatever is required later, after the round??

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

OK dumb newb question - can you use Decade Foundations *without* entering stats during the round, eg. can you enter whatever is required later, after the round??

After the round is fine; that is what I did.    The progression of stats over the 6 months is the Tiger 5, then adding putting, then adding mental scorecard.  

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 minutes ago, cnosil said:

After the round is fine; that is what I did.    The progression of stats over the 6 months is the Tiger 5, then adding putting, then adding mental scorecard.  

Good to know .. thx!!

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

• 2 months later...

Get off my lawn,  Good to hear from someone at Offutt.  I am a retired Cobra Ball Nav who was up at Eielson 90-91 then Offutt 92-95.  Have many rounds at Willow Lakes.  Many great times on that course.  We probably know some of the same folks.  That was a great review of Decade, thanks.  I am an 11 handicap and continuing to get better at 61 yrs old.  I stumbled onto the Decade info a couple days ago and have been obsessively watching videos on YouTube since.  I am going to sign up for the free month today and look forward to improving on my game.  Have a great weekend.  Mitch

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, YouGotThatShot said:

Get off my lawn,  Good to hear from someone at Offutt.  I am a retired Cobra Ball Nav who was up at Eielson 90-91 then Offutt 92-95.  Have many rounds at Willow Lakes.  Many great times on that course.  We probably know some of the same folks.  That was a great review of Decade, thanks.  I am an 11 handicap and continuing to get better at 61 yrs old.  I stumbled onto the Decade info a couple days ago and have been obsessively watching videos on YouTube since.  I am going to sign up for the free month today and look forward to improving on my game.  Have a great weekend.  Mitch

Glad you found the review helpful!  I've been at Offutt for 5+ years; I'll PCS this coming summer.  How many rounds at Willow Lakes?  Too many to even think about counting!  It's a gem of a course...Robert Trent Jones Sr. design for a military course is unheard of.  I'm two strokes away from finally breaking par there...really hoping I can get it done before July (roughly when I think I'll be moving).

I hope you do sign up for Foundations; circle back here and let us know about your experience; and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

• 2 months later...

In what is likely a serious case of overkill, I just pulled the trigger and upgraded to ELITE for a full year.  I’ll post a follow-up here when I’ve had some time with it, and some rounds.

• Like 6