Jump to content

Dunhill Links Championship (Amatuers)


Alf. S
 Share

Recommended Posts

I shake my head in disbelief watching the scores at the Dunhill Links Championship (Amatuers). I play 4 to 5 times a week, week in week out with a h/c of 6 and I reckon I'll break par nett maybe 6 to 7 times over the summer season. These amateurs are posting rounds of -24 over 4 rounds off double figure h/cs. 4 rounds in a row breaking par for a 17 h/c breaking it by 6 strokes, give me a break!

If this happened at our club the players would be run out of town.

  • Like 2

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I shake my head in disbelief watching the scores at the Dunhill Links Championship (Amatuers). I play 4 to 5 times a week, week in week out with a h/c of 6 and I reckon I'll break par nett maybe 6 to 7 times over the summer season. These amateurs are posting rounds of -24 over 4 rounds off double figure h/cs. 4 rounds in a row breaking par for a 17 h/c breaking it by 6 strokes, give me a break!

If this happened at our club the players would be run out of town.

Oh and the wind has been blowing all week. 

  • Like 1

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Oh and the wind has been blowing all week. 

With a little rain thrown in on Saturday.

What I want to know is how did Migliozzi (?) miss the 18th fairway today... hitting his tee shot down the road by the buildings, missing people walking there, and have it bounce back into the rough by the green???  I didn't know it was possible to miss the 18th fairway at the Old Course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

With a little rain thrown in on Saturday.

What I want to know is how did Migliozzi (?) miss the 18th fairway today... hitting his tee shot down the road by the buildings, missing people walking there, and have it bounce back into the rough by the green???  I didn't know it was possible to miss the 18th fairway at the Old Course.

Saw it live and gave me a giggle.

I played it for the 1st time this year and was badly cutting the ball all day. On the first the starter advice was left is good on most holes. The 1st I was 1 yard in bounds down the right and on the 18th they were putting the Rolex clock on the side of the Russack Hotel on the Links Road and nearly hit the workman but again stayed in bounds by a yard.

I also saw a Mercedes convertible on the Links Road with a nice round impact smash on its front wind screen. 

That day I found it quite easy to miss the fairway on 1 and 18. It is only 129 yards.

 

 

  • Like 2

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Saw it live and gave me a giggle.

I played it for the 1st time this year and was badly cutting the ball all day. On the first the starter advice was left is good on most holes. The 1st I was 1 yard in bounds down the right and on the 18th they were putting the Rolex clock on the side of the Russack Hotel on the Links Road and nearly hit the workman but again stayed in bounds by a yard.

I also saw a Mercedes convertible on the Links Road with a nice round impact smash on its front wind screen. 

That day I found it quite easy to miss the fairway on 1 and 18. It is only 129 yards.

I can not imagine hitting a ball that far right to miss a 129 yard fairway!!!  I usually play in a lot of wind on 50-60 yard fairways and hit most of them.

  • Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...