Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New fairway club - Srixon ZX 3w

Peejer

I'm sure most of you put a lot of credibility in the MyGolfSpy reviews and comparisons - as do I.

In fact, so much so that they often influence my purchases.  I've been playing the Callaway Rogue 3W for the past few years, which I hit pretty well - but never really loved it.  After reading the MGS 2021 MOST WANTED FAIRWAY WOOD review, I really wanted to try out the Srixon ZX fairway wood.  I went to a local golf shop (Lenny's Golf) with a Foresight Launch Monitor and tried different clubs and different shafts, but found the Srixon ZX 3W with a Project-X Hazardous (62g) in (low spin) Stiff to be the perfect fit for me.  My first round out, was...meh.  But I took it with me on a golf trip to Nashville last week and I've fallen in love with this club.  It's definitely long and it's much more forgiving than my Callaway Rogue 3W.

After playing this club for 6 rounds now, I can see why it was selected as the "Most Wanted" and led the group in 'Strokes Gained'.

I've never owned a Srixon club, and probably never would have until I read the review, which prompted me to go and try them out.  BTW, Lenny's Golf actually encouraged me to bring my current club in and do a 'side-by-side' comparison.  There was a clear winner in distance and consistency.  So...Thank you MyGolfSpy staff for all you do and helping us make solid decisions based on data, not hype!

-- P.J.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

Great to hear!  I like you, start almost all my testing based on MGS data.  Saves a ton of time narrowing down options before I start trying stuff out or schedule a fitting

i was a guy that tossed the 3W out of the bag because I never could hit my old one well.  Found a dynamite 5W…but what I learned about fitting and shafts during that process has me really reconsidering giving one a try and possible adding back to the bag.

I agree, I picked up the 3W and 5W used after reading the Most Wanted.  I have tested them in several rounds and worked them on the range against my gamers.  I think these are going in the bag for good... and I'm considering adding the 7W.  Great clubs for my game.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Glad you are liking it. I'm on my second set of Srixon irons....19' Z785's w/modus 120's and now ZX7's with same shaft. I LOVE THEM!!!!! Picked up their new driving iron (20* 3 iron) last week and all I can say is wow! I've always struggled with hybrids and never felt "comfortable" as my "have to hit the fairway or green", go to club. And I needed something that I could carry about 215-220 yards to fit between my 4 iron and 5W.

I now have 4 rounds and several range sessions under my belt with the 3 iron and it is an absolute weapon!!!! I can feather it down the fairway off the tee or I can really stand on it for more distance.....It's just stable, very forgiving and I feel like I'll never miss it left....which, is what I was after!

Srixon is the MOST under rated club maker in the business in my opinion! It would take a lot to get me out of their irons!

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1