Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Shriners Open - 2022

fixyurdivot

Still not many of the top players back in action this week at The Shriners (Hospital for Children) Open.  With the exception of Koepka, Scheffler, and English, no other Ryder Cup US team players.  It's interesting with the new tour schedule that so many are opting not to play these start of the new season events.  But then perhaps they feel confident they can make up the points that the early birds gather?  Or, perhaps $15,000,000 dosen't gather the attention it used to 😄.

Like St. Jude, the Shriners Hospitals are an amazing charity and this event really helps their funding.  I've got Scottie Scheffler and Kevin Na in a race to the finish on Sunday. This prediction all but assures neither make the cut 🤣... who are you picking?

Martin Laird wins Shriners Open PGA Tour event | Las Vegas Review-Journal

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I was just reading some highlights from todays round and the what appears to be a bromance brewing between Koepka and DeChambeau. They even have a Mano el Mano match scheduled at the upcoming "Capital One The Match". Capital One’s The Match to feature Bryson DeChambeau, Brooks Koepka (pgatour.com)

Bruce seems to have finally jumped onto the BAD's for real wagon, citing his performance at the RC and at the PLDA event last week.  He goes on to talk about the "distance thing" and that it's here to stay.  304.7 is the average driving distance thus far in the new 2022 season.  That's up from last years entire season average of 296.2.  No doubt the USGA and R&A are watching and fretting about what to do 😆.

Bryson DeChambeau and Brooks Koepka. (Andrew Redington/Getty Images)

I picked Scheffler and Na.  Scottie is next to dead last and Kevin WD due to a rib injury... off to a great start 🤣.

Sam Burns looking to go B2B.  Careful there "Burnzie", or you'll end up on @fixyurdivot2022 Fantasy Team... an almost certain season ending train wreck 😆.  Great news that Shriners Children have renewed their sponsorship of this event for 5 more years 👏.

My apologies Sam.  I no sooner did I make the above post when his R3 back nine took a dive... which continued today.  Meanwhile IM is toying with a "59 watch" and nursing a precarious 5 shot lead with 5 holes to play 🙂.

As a Vegas resident, I was able to make it out for most of the day Thursday and then Saturday morning. Thursday was very mellow until Koepka/Burns group started around noon. That was fun to watch with a "big" crowd. I was surprised that you can't hear a word any of these guys say to their caddies. They are essentially whispering which is what makes the microphones the camera crew carry around very impressive.

Saturday morning was interested as my son and I were following Koepka around again. We were hanging out on the side of the 3rd hole waiting for him to tee off. Koepka errant tee shot on 3 hit a fan (obviously an accident) and I was no more than 10 feet away from him when it happened. Everyone was expecting Koepka to at least acknowledge the fan and apologize but he acted like absolutely nothing happened. We witnessed the workers tell him and his caddie what happened but neither of them seemed to care. The fan even hollered asking for a fist bump for helping him keep the ball in play. No response. The ball would have hit cart path and been long gone if it didn't hit the fan.

Karma got BK as his round and weekend took a turn for the worse?

In the end, I think I enjoyed watching it on TV better as your actual views are much better. I will be going to the CJ cup this Thursday as it's a brand new course that is private and I've never played before. BIG field of high profile golfers as well. Very excited for that one.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS