TESTERS WANTED! ×

Season Highlights 2021 Edition

GolfSpy_APH

1 minute ago, rbsiedsc said:

Broke 100 three times(almost broke 90 on second one) 

played the most golf I had in a season

Dropped my handicap from ~30 to 22 thanks to Arccos, Adam Young, the planemate, the divot board and some hard work.

Got to play with @twyatt700 and @Kenny B on separate occasions 

Thanks for reminding me!!  It was memorable... it really was!!  It's just that memories are fleeting at my age!!  Now I have to edit my post.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great year for me. Even with a complete washout in july still was able to play 25 rounds (full 18) of July didn’t rain (literally rained every day) would have easily gotten 30-35 rounds by now.

Played several rounds with my 9 year old.

Set by PB and matched it to boot

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention I had a personal best of 38 for 9 holes this summer.  Think it was the 2nd round with the T300. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

13 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

I'm just happy to report that I am still alive. 

A lot of you have tried to end my career but have failed. My tough exterior, swimming lessons, and time with my shrink are paying off.

Thank you all for a fun season so far.

Swimming lessons wearing a life preserver don't count.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Been a pretty good golfing year. Got selected for the Callaway Epic driver test as my first, which was an amazing experience, thanks again MSG.

I broke 80 a number of time this year, with a low of 75.

Got yo play with @B.Boston and @Lacassemup in NH for the first time, and hope to again next year. 

Played the most golf in a long time and played some of the best golf ever

Season is just about over so here is to 2022

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

16 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Great year for me. Even with a complete washout in july still was able to play 25 rounds (full 18) of July didn’t rain (literally rained every day) would have easily gotten 30-35 rounds by now.

Played several rounds with my 9 year old.

Set by PB and matched it to boot

Don't forget that 384 yard drive 😉 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Don't forget that 384 yard drive 😉 

Even I know that was a fluke luck but hey, ADD IT TO THE LIST!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

-Got to play several new courses this year: Pinehurst No, 4, Tobacco Road, Caledonia Golf and Fish Club and The Golf Club of Tennessee.
-Dropped my scoring average to under 80 for the first time in my life (78.22 over 44 rounds) and have made 80 birdies and 3 eagles so far in 2021. 
-Shot 73 from the tips of my local golf course

All while welcoming the birth of my second child, a daughter, in May of this year. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

On 10/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, Kenny B said:

Swimming lessons wearing a life preserver don't count.

I'm still taking the lessons to prepare for next season. Dam instructor keeps telling me to kick my feet and use my arms. That SOB must be freakin blind. I was thinking he would teach me to skip across the water better. It's a work in progress. But I'm keeping the life vests. I know they work! 

11 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

I'm still taking the lessons to prepare for next season. Dam instructor keeps telling me to kick my feet and use my arms. That SOB must be freakin blind. I was thinking he would teach me to skip across the water better. It's a work in progress. But I'm keeping the life vests. I know they work! 

Sounds like they want you to cook with Crisco. Right @ole gray?

Been an interesting year.

I'm looking to hit a high point on rounds played during the year.  I looked back at my numbers, I've crawled past 60 rounds played a couple times in the last half dozen years, which I think is pretty good for a guy still working full time in Minnesota.  This year, I'm already pushing up against 70.

My wife retired this year, having hit the magical 59-1/2 age that allows penalty-free 401k access.  Apparently, with me working from home and here therefore seeing more of me, this has allowed a bit more golf for yours truly.  I've normally played Friday and either Saturday or Sunday, but this year, all three days has been a bit more frequent.  She's even told me I need to do this the last month or more, because the season is dwindling, I have to get my golf in.

I love my wife.  🤩

Joined my course's Saturday Men's Club, after years of being badgered by friends and acquaintances who were members.  I didn't win any events, but placed a few time, doing moderately well in chits (shop credit).  And, I was a member of the winning team in the Club's Ryder Cup event, winning 2.5 of 3 possible points.

We also welcomes a second granddaughter, born on 7/7, exactly 7 days before her sister's second birthday.  With all those sevens in play, I've been trying to convince our son and daughter in law to play the lottery, but they've yet to buy a ticket to my knowledge.

Finally, I've reaffirmed my ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  I've threatened to bump up against my personal best (73) a couple times, only to do something completely stupid and fall apart in the last few holes.  Even my season best of 75 had some of this.  What can I say?  It's a skill.

Season not yet over.  A last Men's Club doubles event this saturday, and the Blizzard Open team event takes place on Oct 24.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft