Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Foresight Launches the GC3

GolfSpy MPR

Duration: 00:38:41

The GC3, Foresights newest member of their launch monitor family, is now available (when it's not sold out, that is). Can it provide the same accuracy as its bigger brother at less than half the price?

Foresight GC3 & Bushnell Launch Pro: https://mygolfspy.com/foresight-gc3-and-bushnell-launch-pro-launch-monitors/

0:22 - MGS returns from Mental Health Week
2:19 - Foresight's GC3 & the Bushnell Launch Pro
7:26 - Have we reached a peak in PLMs?
10:37 - Why are Foresight & Bushnell teaming up?
12:50 - How accurate is the GC3?
21:20 - MAILBAG!: Editor's Choice vs Most Wanted?
32:26 - Survivor: Golf Company Edition

---------------------------------------------

Welcome to MyGolfSpy!

Over 15 million golfers a year turn to MyGolfSpy to get unbiased, tested reviews and recommendations for the best golf gear to help you improve your game.

Golfers like you turn to us because we're independent and unbiased. And, over the years, we've created the #1 resource for golfers who put cold, hard data above marketing hype.

#MYGOLFSPY #CONSUMERFIRST

Check out MyGolfSpy today! www.mygolfspy.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Used by over 15 million forward-thinking golfers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to MYGOLFSPY on YouTube: bit.ly/MGSyoutube
OUR MISSION: mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

---------------------------------------------
Check out MyGolfSpy's other channels!
--------------------------------------------

🏴REVIEWS: http://bit.ly/MGSreviews
🏴BUYERS GUIDES: https://mygolfspy.com/category/golf-buyers-guides/
🏴NEW RELEASES: http://bit.ly/MGSnewgear
🏴PODCAST: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/no-putts-given/id1356729135
🏴DRIVER FITTING TOOL: https://truegolffit.com/

------------------------------------
MYGOLFSPY on Social Media
------------------------------------

🏴Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyGolfSpy
🏴Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mygolfspycom/
🏴Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mygolfspy/

Listen Here

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

So my takeaway is that I either pony up $7000 (or $3000 that will eventually be $7000+) or don't consider buying a PLM. Let's qualify that as a "connect and project" PLM system that provides ball and club head data with some courses/game capability.  That's a pisser, because I've been following a couple of the DIY PLM studio projects and they are the path I was heading.  But those use Mevo+ and SkyTrak and, according to this, they aren't worth having.  Anyone disagree with Tony?

Since there is no way I'm spending $7K for the GC3 or Bushnell Pro, now what?

I found this to be one of the better comparisons.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

So my takeaway is that I either pony up $7000 (or $3000 that will eventually be $7000+) or don't consider buying a PLM. Let's qualify that as a "connect and project" PLM system that provides ball and club head data with some courses/game capability.  That's a pisser, because I've been following a couple of the DIY PLM studio projects and they are the path I was heading.  But those use Mevo+ and SkyTrak and, according to this, they aren't worth having.  Anyone disagree with Tony?

I found this to be one of the better comparisons.

I’m in the same boat as you, we are going to be moving to a new house next year and I was already planning for my golf studio. I was hoping to find something in the 3-4K range but it doesn’t seem like that’s going to be possible.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I currently have a SkyTrak, but I can tell you that I hardly ever use it.  Granted, I lost most of the winter/spring due to injury when I think I would have used it the most.  I will always prefer to hit off grass and be outside at a driving range or course.  

My largest issue is that I don't have a defined space in my house for the launch monitor.  I am confident that if I had a dedicated golf studio, it would be fantastic.  I think I would use it almost daily, even in the summer time if I had that.  However, right now it's a garage set up where I have to put up and take down all the components after each and every use.  

I find the data to be accurate enough and the misreads aren't terrible.  I feel like the technology on the skytrak is aging.  If I had an inkling of the GC3 coming out, I think I would have held off and saved a bit more money for longer to get something like this.  There are other great units in the price range like the Uneekor, but that is not mobile.  I know the GC4 is great on both turf and grass so if the GC3 would be similar, it would be a no brainer to me.  

The main item I am not sure of with the GC3/GC2 are the software golf course simulator options.  I've always been drawn to TGC2019 due to the open course design and allowing for any and every course to be available with great graphics in my opinion.  

Time will tell what I end up doing, but I have not made the plunge for TGC 2019 yet, because of my apprehension in keeping the SkyTrak unit overall.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, juspoole said:

I currently have a SkyTrak, but I can tell you that I hardly ever use it.  Granted, I lost most of the winter/spring due to injury when I think I would have used it the most.  I will always prefer to hit off grass and be outside at a driving range or course.  

My largest issue is that I don't have a defined space in my house for the launch monitor.  I am confident that if I had a dedicated golf studio, it would be fantastic.  I think I would use it almost daily, even in the summer time if I had that.  However, right now it's a garage set up where I have to put up and take down all the components after each and every use.  

I find the data to be accurate enough and the misreads aren't terrible.  I feel like the technology on the skytrak is aging.  If I had an inkling of the GC3 coming out, I think I would have held off and saved a bit more money for longer to get something like this.  There are other great units in the price range like the Uneekor, but that is not mobile.  I know the GC4 is great on both turf and grass so if the GC3 would be similar, it would be a no brainer to me.  

The main item I am not sure of with the GC3/GC2 are the software golf course simulator options.  I've always been drawn to TGC2019 due to the open course design and allowing for any and every course to be available with great graphics in my opinion.  

Time will tell what I end up doing, but I have not made the plunge for TGC 2019 yet, because of my apprehension in keeping the SkyTrak unit overall.

Your #1 orphaned equipment buyer is here for ya Justin 😀.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 2:21 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Mine arrives Saturday, full GC3. Will have my indoor hitting bay finished by then. Got the hitting screen assembled. Tomorrow I'll get the projector mounted to the ceiling and the side curtains hung. 

I've rearranged the hitting mats, but will have a 8' wide 9'tall screen to hit into. 

So just stop by anytime you need it. I charge $2/hr to rent it 🥳

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 7 months later...

I just don’t understand this one.

Foresight just dropped the price on the GC3 basic bundle down from $7,000 to $6,000, yet their certified pre-owned GC2 (no software provided) is going for $5,400 on their website… go figure.

E0DA0115-61B7-4325-8578-EB3868D1CE05.jpeg4B369E72-9FF6-4A8E-AAC0-2DB39245327C.jpeg

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1