TESTERS WANTED! ×

GolfTEC vs. True Spec

Steve-O-hio

I talked my amazing wife into allowing me to get fit for my 40th birthday. I'm considering GolfTEC and True Spec as they are both in my area. I'd likely get a full fitting (woods, irons and wedges). I'm reaching out to see if anyone has strong feelings towards one company or the other? Just in my initial research I can tell that True Spec is about $100 more for the full fitting. 

Thanks in advance and hit em long and straight! 

TruSpec and it’s not even close. You will get a larger selection of shafts and heads. The chances of a better fitter is going to come with TruSpec too.

Ive heard enough bad stories about golf Tec lessons and fittings that you couldn’t pay me to go there. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 hours ago, Steve-O-hio said:

I talked my amazing wife into allowing me to get fit for my 40th birthday. I'm considering GolfTEC and True Spec as they are both in my area. I'd likely get a full fitting (woods, irons and wedges). I'm reaching out to see if anyone has strong feelings towards one company or the other? Just in my initial research I can tell that True Spec is about $100 more for the full fitting. 

Thanks in advance and hit em long and straight! 

I can't speak from personal experience, but based on what I've heard and read here in the forums, True Spec would likely be the better option of the two. It can be true for any club fitter, but I've heard more hit or miss stories about GolfTEC than True Spec. Also, I have no idea what GolfTEC has available in their fitting bays, but True Spec will definitely have enough options to make sure you get the right fit.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

TruSpec and it’s not even close. You will get a larger selection of shafts and heads. The chances of a better fitter is going to come with TruSpec too.

Ive heard enough bad stories about golf Tec lessons and fittings that you couldn’t pay me to go there. 

So much this,  end of discussion 🙂 

Just check out the recent blog piece on iron survey, there is a section in their on club fitting and the companies.  TrueSpec was miles above GolfTec in every aspect. 

Great gift from the wife BTW!  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I’ll play the devils advocate on this thread.   While True Spec is mikes above Golftec in the fitting department as they have access to more shaft and club options it may not be the right choice for you.   As a consumer and someone considering a high end fitting, I’d you:

• know your goals from the fitting?
  • do you have any understanding of the fitting process?
  • do you have any understanding of launch monitor data?
  • what are you golfing goals?
  • what is your club budget?  
  • do you have you list of questions for the fitter?
  • have you considered any local fitters not associated with a chain?

Typically True Spec will have higher quality fitters, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a good fitting at a Golftec.  I pose the questions above because people who aren’t educated about the fitting process go get fit at a high end fitter and get sticker shock or don’t see immediate improvement in their games and then complain that the fitting was a waste if time and money.  We hear in commercials about the 50 yard gains from a fitting and while it happens when a player is using poorly fit or really outdated clubs, that isn’t the typical result.  You may see a few yards of gain and slightly smaller dispersion cones which is more of a long term improvement to you scoring floor and ceiling and may not be visible when looking at one shot or even a round. 

i think you can be successful at either location provided you know what you are looking for going into the fitting.  

There you go bringing logic into it.

True, I should have mentioned a disclaimer.   There may be certain Golf Tec locations that happen to have high caliber fitter that just happens to work there and can do a fine job.  And it's also possible that you could run into someone at TrueSpec that isn't as qualified as maybe that one off at GolfTec.  I would take the time to read the bios on each site of the fitters, they should all be there.    But if you are speaking in general terms and rolling the odds, you are more likely than not to get more of a quality fitting at TrueSpec.  But as you mention, each case can be different.  

59 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

There you go bringing logic into it.

True, I should have mentioned a disclaimer.   There may be certain Golf Tec locations that happen to have high caliber fitter that just happens to work there and can do a fine job.  And it's also possible that you could run into someone at TrueSpec that isn't as qualified as maybe that one off at GolfTec.  I would take the time to read the bios on each site of the fitters, they should all be there.    But if you are speaking in general terms and rolling the odds, you are more likely than not to get more of a quality fitting at TrueSpec.  But as you mention, each case can be different.  

Bingo. IMO the environment at TruSpec is going to win out over golfTec. TruSpec as far as I know is going to be able to change grips, modify swingweight adjust loft/lie on the spot so you will know exactly what the club does, looks like, etc where as golfTec you are going to have to hope the recommendation of a loft/lie adjustment works and that if you use something other than a standard size grip, you won’t have that feeling either.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Much like @jlukes100% TrueSpec. 

I still believe having a personable fitter is important but thats just me as I like to chit chat. I received that there on top of all the clubs I swung, all the shafts, the fitter explained every detail of what he was looking at. The data provided after I still have and its extremely easy to read.

TrueSpec

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Nothing more to add to the above posts. But curious - based on your name @Steve-O-hio looks like you're from Ohio. If so where? We have a bunch of members here from Northeast Ohio along with the Columbus/Dayton area. Again, if that's the case, there may be other recommendations outside of True Spec and Golftec. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Nothing more to add to the above posts. But curious - based on your name @Steve-O-hio looks like you're from Ohio. If so where? We have a bunch of members here from Northeast Ohio along with the Columbus/Dayton area. Again, if that's the case, there may be other recommendations outside of True Spec and Golftec. 

Thanks for all the responses. I live in the Columbus area, so if anyone has recommendations I'm all ears. I do really like the fitting chart from @jlukes. I enjoy the science and research aspect of golf as much as I like being on the course, so seeing this is getting me pretty pumped up. And thanks for the questions @cnosil. I appreciate the devil's advocate aspect. I do have answers to all of your bullet points. 

40 minutes ago, Steve-O-hio said:

Thanks for all the responses. I live in the Columbus area, so if anyone has recommendations I'm all ears. I do really like the fitting chart from @jlukes. I enjoy the science and research aspect of golf as much as I like being on the course, so seeing this is getting me pretty pumped up. And thanks for the questions @cnosil. I appreciate the devil's advocate aspect. I do have answers to all of your bullet points. 

Sounds like you’ll love true spec. Just make sure you watch this before you go!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been taking lessons at a GolfTec .. and benefiting from them .. and this particular center does happen to have a qualified and knowledgeable fitter. 

BUT........

They only carry the "Top 5" brands = Callaway, Titleist, TaylorMade, Ping, Mizuno .. and then not necessarily every head or shaft each oem offers.

If you have the option to go to an independent shop like a True Spec, Club Champion, etc. I'd also recommend it.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Late to this thread, but here goes. I have not been to GolfTec. I have been fitted by Club Champion (St. Louis) and True Spec (Chicago). I liked the experience at Tru Spec better. Felt like the fitter listened to me more. It wasn't about gaining distance for me but about tightening dispersion on my irons. True Spec worked on getting higher ball flight on the front end and back end of my shots.  True Spec put me in carbon shafts and Club Champion, which fixated on gaining distance even though I said that was not my objective, put me in steel shafts for irons. That said, I lime both sets of irons. Would recommend True Spec.

Edited by hallcomm

I will second many others in saying don't go to GolfTec. Was "fitted" for irons there. No understanding of how lie angle contributes to start direction. I can't speak for True Spec, but I can't imagine it's worse than GolfTec. Certainly I can only speak to 1 fitter, but I was not impressed. Best of luck to you.

4 minutes ago, cwbart said:

If you haven't been fitted yet give Jim McCleery a call. He's a clubfitter/builder in Waverly, OH.  I think that you would enjoy the experience.  He knows his stuff. His site is McGolf on roadrunner.net.  Look him up.  It will be worth your time.

Jim is a great guy and fitter.  And he's a member here.  So @Steve-O-hio would be in excellent hands with him.

Been to Golf-Tec with a lesson thru Schwab. Good info and I told the instructor I wanted the $300 package to tweak up my game. He said "that would be a waste of money...you need the $1000 package". Needless to say, I went to a real PGA Pro at a private club and was able to tweak my game for a reasonable price.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

I understand the reasons to go to true spec or Club Champion but I prefer people like Jim McCleery.  They will spend more time with you, work on your swing as well as shaft.  They will not cost an arm and a leg but because they get most of their clients from word of mouth, they will work hard to gain your trust and fit you correctly.  One bad fitting could hurt them more than True spec.  Just go in with a game plan and you should come out better for it.

Also, realize if you have newer clubs, you may just need a few lessons to hit the current clubs better.  Some times a good fitter will adjust your current clubs rather than selling you a new set that you may not really need.  I sent 4 friends to a golf clinic about hitting their driver and everyone kept their current drivers saving over $400 apiece.  Lessons work wonders and can get you swinging better so even if you do get fitted and buy new clubs, you might want to invest in a couple of lessons to make everything come together.

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

Have used GolfTec several times and its a mixed bag.

Six years ago I did a full bag fitting and everything was explained step by step.  I wound up with Mizuno irons, Callaway fairway and hybrids.  I saw on the graphics that my iron shots were identical with the Mizuno over the Callaway Apex that cost about 1 1/2 times more.  I was told not to change my driver (Callway) or my putter (Scotty Cameron Newport 2).   The putter was tweaked about 1/2 degree more upright.  

The result?  I simply hit everything better.  Best summer of golf in my life.  Dropped six strokes on average and just enjoyed every round.  The clubs were dead perfect.

I went back for some lessons right at the beginning of the pandemic and there was a new staff.  Inexperienced kids and now none of the harnesses they were using to collect data on my swing.  Every drill made everything worse and one of the instructors kept showing me Tiger Woods videos and saying that I needed to swing more like that.  YEah, right.  

Now my swing and game are a wreck.  I still have two lessons to use with them and I know they are going to push some $1000 package on me to continue.

The nearest True Spec is 3 1/2 hours away.  There is a Club Champion 10 minutes from the house but their hours are just plain weird.    

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

On 10/7/2021 at 10:22 AM, cnosil said:

I’ll play the devils advocate on this thread.   While True Spec is mikes above Golftec in the fitting department as they have access to more shaft and club options it may not be the right choice for you.   As a consumer and someone considering a high end fitting, I’d you:

• know your goals from the fitting?
  • do you have any understanding of the fitting process?
  • do you have any understanding of launch monitor data?
  • what are you golfing goals?
  • what is your club budget?  
  • do you have you list of questions for the fitter?
  • have you considered any local fitters not associated with a chain?

Typically True Spec will have higher quality fitters, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a good fitting at a Golftec.  I pose the questions above because people who aren’t educated about the fitting process go get fit at a high end fitter and get sticker shock or don’t see immediate improvement in their games and then complain that the fitting was a waste if time and money.  We hear in commercials about the 50 yard gains from a fitting and while it happens when a player is using poorly fit or really outdated clubs, that isn’t the typical result.  You may see a few yards of gain and slightly smaller dispersion cones which is more of a long term improvement to you scoring floor and ceiling and may not be visible when looking at one shot or even a round. 

i think you can be successful at either location provided you know what you are looking for going into the fitting.  

Great advice.

In my limited experience (a failed driver fitting at Club Champion), I also concluded a fitting to maximize distance is far more likely to succeed than a fitting to improve dispersion. Though Club Champion told me they could do both, in retrospect their methodology couldn’t have improved my dispersion - and that was my sole stated goal. I specifically told them I didn’t care about gaining distance at all. Fortunately my CC failure only cost me a little over $400 and 6 weeks of measurably worse dispersion with the shaft they recommended.

A buddy of mine had a full bag fitting at the same Club Champion, paid about $5000 for a whole new bag. He has gone steadily downhill since his fitting about 9 months ago and has almost quit playing altogether he’s so bad now…

I would welcome a great fitting next time I want new sticks, but I think it’s unlikely I would find such a fitter.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

My experience at Golftec in Columbus O-H-I-O was 7 years ago when the shop was located inside a Golfsmith store. The teacher was very experienced and if I remember right it seemed to me that GolfTec has a method of teaching and fitting that needs to be completely understood by their people. I think not all employees study/understand their methods throughly. Unfortunately I have met more people who have claimed that Golftec has messed them up rather than helped. I did not pursue lessons with them but rather did a basic swing analysis - which was helpful and enlightening at the time.

The stories I hear about True Spec in Columbus are very positive, and the fittings seem to be very personable and expert. I know for a fact that they have WAY more experience than the guys currently at the Columbus CC.

Club Champion trains their people very extensively, but fitting is still an art and requires good judgement and experience on the part of the fitter. Just because one has access to 50K combinations of clubs and the latest tracking devices, doesn't guarantee a good fitting. 

As with everything - it comes down to people and their ability and willingness to "fit" instead of sell.

Rather than commit to a whole bag fitting, why not start with just the driver? If you're happy with that then continue on after establishing a good relationship with the fitter.

Hope this helps.

On 10/20/2021 at 5:21 PM, cwbart said:

If you haven't been fitted yet give Jim McCleery a call. He's a clubfitter/builder in Waverly, OH.  I think that you would enjoy the experience.  He knows his stuff. His site is McGolf on roadrunner.net.  Look him up.  It will be worth your time.

If I lived anywhere near Ohio, I would go to Jim. Great guy, knowledgeable,  and helpful.

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X

On 10/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, ajdegeno said:

I understand the reasons to go to true spec or Club Champion but I prefer people like Jim McCleery.  They will spend more time with you, work on your swing as well as shaft.  They will not cost an arm and a leg but because they get most of their clients from word of mouth, they will work hard to gain your trust and fit you correctly.  One bad fitting could hurt them more than True spec.  Just go in with a game plan and you should come out better for it.

Also, realize if you have newer clubs, you may just need a few lessons to hit the current clubs better.  Some times a good fitter will adjust your current clubs rather than selling you a new set that you may not really need.  I sent 4 friends to a golf clinic about hitting their driver and everyone kept their current drivers saving over $400 apiece.  Lessons work wonders and can get you swinging better so even if you do get fitted and buy new clubs, you might want to invest in a couple of lessons to make everything come together.

My wife's experience with an independent fitter out of Macedonia, Ohio: She went through a whole bag fitting with the fitter who spent a lot of time trying different options - end result were new irons and hybrids. Told her her Driver and wedges were perfect - even though both were a few years old. Very satisfied and saved me a bunch of money. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just know in advance the cost of your clubs will be high.  Our True Spec in Tampa has only after market shafts.  You can’t compare the manufacturer’s shafts with the after market shafts because they don’t have any OEM shafts to hit.  They recommended ACRA shafts (which are very good) but their price was $125-175 higher per shaft for what I could buy the same shaft for on-line.  My fitter was very good and I enjoyed the experience but upselling of shafts is where they make their money so just be aware when you go in it’s going to be expensive.

Hmmmm,

Sounds like True Spec is the preferred choice.  I don't have one in my area but I will travel for something this important (make it part of a trip).

Having said that . . . I have been going to GolfTec for lessons.  I almost quit them as my game got sooo much worse as he was working to implement some major changes that destroyed my scores.  I was looking to move from low 90s to mid 80s but instead went back to 100s.

When I started I had a super strong grip and big back swing and then swing through with a lot of power and a lot of left arm chicken wing.  I had great distance but really bad inconsistencies (one day slice - next day weak hook that went no where all mixed in with good shots).  Coaches before GolfTec just talked about tension / breathing / tempo.  All important but not really changing the bad swing.

The GolfTec coach's lessons mirrored Mike Bender work - nice in to out swing with no chicken wing - closing the clubface without over rotation and fixing a horrible tense set up.  So of course I suffered for a long time trying to change in such a major way.  Anyway . . . now I am trying to achieve consistency but finally on the right path . . . changes starting to feel natural and stick and scores finally dropping . . . we have been through a LOT.  Ha ha ha.

Why am I telling you my life story?  Because I wonder if the coach who has committed this much time to me and knows me . . . wouldn't be a better choice for me and a fitting even though he is at the dreaded GolfTec?

With that life story  . . . do you still say go somewhere else?

Thanks,

Michael

Driver: TaylorMade M1
5W: TaylorMade M4
4h:
:cobra-small: One Length 25*
5-GW:
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, Project X 5.5
Wedges:
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* S, 58* D, True Temper Wedge Flex
Putter:  Evnroll 
 ER5 Black Hatchback
Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x when with others who can spot / Callaway Bold Superhot when alone or T off near driving range (so I can find my ball)

2 hours ago, Michael M. said:

Why am I telling you my life story?  Because I wonder if the coach who has committed this much time to me and knows me . . . wouldn't be a better choice for me and a fitting even though he is at the dreaded GolfTec?

Does your coach say you need different clubs or a different setup?  How qualified of a fitter is your coach?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Bg861 said:

Just know in advance the cost of your clubs will be high.  Our True Spec in Tampa has only after market shafts.  You can’t compare the manufacturer’s shafts with the after market shafts because they don’t have any OEM shafts to hit.  They recommended ACRA shafts (which are very good) but their price was $125-175 higher per shaft for what I could buy the same shaft for on-line.  My fitter was very good and I enjoyed the experience but upselling of shafts is where they make their money so just be aware when you go in it’s going to be expensive.

Keep in mind that nobody has to buy from places like TruSpec, Club Champion, TXG or similar places. 

Whle TruSpec doesn’t have stock shafts some of the other similar places do and can be requested for fittings.

The fittings and club purchases are two separate services these places offer