• Mobile/Tablet
    • Computer or Laptop
    • Both
  3. 3. Dark or Light Theme?

• Dark
    • Light
  4. 4. Rating system on testing

• Original numbered 0-100 broken down
    • Star rating system (searchable in thread)
    • Combination of both (similar to what we currently have)
    • Doesn't matter to me
  5. 5. Do you use the gallery?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Have you found the "Announcement Feature" to be helpful? How many are too many in your opinion?

• Yes, helpful.
    • No, don't pay much attention to them.
    • 1-3 is good
    • 1-5 is good
    • As many as we like, close them after reading anyway.
    • Other add in comments
  7. 7. Main reason for being on the forum.

• Testing & Reviews
    • General Forum Discussion
    • Seeking help or advice
    • Other contests opportunities (Majors & Ryder Cup contests)
    • Fantasy Sport Leagues run by MGS members
    • Other (please comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

53 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I don't have the stats you guys have, but I would suggest there was a huge decrease in engagement. I was part of the Callaway Epic test - there are three pages of comments. The most recent analogous test under the old system would be the TSi drivers last year with 44 (!!!!) pages of comments.

Not piling on here, just dropping in to +1 this. I only just realized there were different tabs for different types of comments within testing. I was about to 'leave feedback' for the third time on my current test when I noticed that there was a discussion thread like in the old version. I wonder how many others folks are in the same boat and if there might just be a banner announcement with a quick user tour on some of the changes (for this and for future changes)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Motore X F1 60S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

52*, 58* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s

Ball: I'll try anything with a urethane cover
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed:

All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

I’m all for the constant attempts to improve, and as long as we’re all open to feedback (and everyone clearly is here) then keep it coming.

I am curious, and forgive me if this is the wrong thread to ask, but what are the drivers that impact the lead time before closing a testing opportunity for sign-ups and actually selecting and announcing testers?  I’m sure the number of applicants impacts things, but I also noticed the Titleist iron testers were announced in a day (I think) while other opportunities seem to take longer than others.

This is NOT a complaint by any stretch, I’m just genuinely curious as to what the drivers or factors are that impact that lead time, and I’m wondering if you wouldn’t mind giving a little peak behind the curtain regarding that.  Thanks!

• Like 5

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

1 minute ago, greggarner said:

Not piling on here, just dropping in to +1 this. I only just realized there were different tabs for different types of comments within testing. I was about to 'leave feedback' for the third time on my current test when I noticed that there was a discussion thread like in the old version. I wonder how many others folks are in the same boat and if there might just be a banner announcement with a quick user tour on some of the changes (for this and for future changes)

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I understand and appreciate what you guys are trying to do. My biggest complaint is that the testing forum was not tested/debugged nearly enough before going live and there wasn't near enough education for the members. I don't have the stats you guys have, but I would suggest there was a huge decrease in engagement. I was part of the Callaway Epic test - there are three pages of comments. The most recent analogous test under the old system would be the TSi drivers last year with 44 (!!!!) pages of comments. If the new method was intended to drive engagement, it failed miserably (nevermind the wonky behavior that continues).

I'll leave the ads and the brutal effect on user experience alone, as you guys are at least trying to address it.

My preference is to view from the main page, but have been forced to use recent content on my phone because of the terrible user experience. I shouldn't have to change my preferred method.

I won't disagree there were several bugs within the new system and as we fixed one more were found out. Included in the previous forum testing update thread I discussed a LOT of those things there. Whether it was timing of it rolling out or whatever I hope we don't ever run into any of those situations again. For what it is worth there was a test site created, however none of the bugs were present there. Added to that it was the forum testing update thread that lead to a lot of the changes which have now been implemented and were suggested by the community. 

These being the tab format - Members didn't want to see the pick me pick me comments hence why we added the Comments and Pre Testing comments. 
@greggarner the "Leave Feedback" is only available for testers. Anyone commenting on the thread will have to do so under the regular comments as they do not have access to the review tab. This is exactly like the old placeholder posts just in a newish area... rather then being at the top/beginning of the thread its under its own tab. I thought I had mentioned this a few times before in previous threads, but I'll have to try and make it more clear for the future. 

We also manually change all the titles for the testing threads as to show when they have signup available, closed, testers announced, in progress and upon completion we send out an announcement to get more eyes on it. 

Part of the issue with fewer pages on the first few reviews on the system was they were not in recent content and unless they were followed it was less then ideal for users to find. Again this was something we worked on and moved as well as renamed as per the memberships request to make it more user friendly. Since then we have been able to get more eyes on them and had a better system for getting the tests more views and gain more traction within the forum.

As we work on some newer changes/optimization we will continue to update the thread (in posts much like these and the previous one I did) to educated and inform the members of whats going on and be there to answer questions that may arise. 

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

What's the purpose of the All/None choice in the poll?  All selects all options; None doesn't select anything.  Can't submit the poll with None selected... a choice must be made.

If more than one selection is appropriate, then the option should be "Select all that apply"

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

What's the purpose of the All/None choice in the poll?  All selects all options; None doesn't select anything.  Can't submit the poll with None selected... a choice must be made.

If more than one selection is appropriate, then the option should be "Select all that apply"

Just seems to be a default setting.. I'll look into it, but not something I'm too concerned about unless there are options that are missing?

Edit: Confirm it is a default setting that cannot be changed... If there is a specific option you want I can add it in. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

last point, please please fill out the poll as it helps us get an idea for use within the forum and we may send out a survey later on via email for everyone to fill out, but this is the start for now

Maybe I'm missing something but I could not find the poll to fill out.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, daviddvm said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I could not find the poll to fill out.

Should be at the very top... I just signed up to triple check that its all up there at the top of the page. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Should be at the very top... I just signed up to triple check that its all up there at the top of the page. 

Okay thanks

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

@GolfSpy_APH, good update/thread. A few recommendations: Provide next steps after you and the other mods have had a chance to digest the feedback. As to site improvements, I would recommend that polls have a close date and disappear after that date. The current poll; scotty vs ping gold vault has been up for several weeks and maybe even months. This makes the  site look a bit stale.   Lastly the push emails 'Forum Digest' provide little to no value to me, not sure about anyone else.

Thanks again for the ongoing communication! 

I think there is a feature to have a thread timed and close at a certain date. So this is something we can look into and look to improve. 

Push emails have been something we have talked about as well and get a fair number of responses to. 

I will be set to close this poll likely middle of the next week. We have had good response so far, but traffic seems to get a bump Mondays (all of us at work missing golf seem to come here haha) therefore I want to leave it up through that and after I'll close it up and we can continue discussion simply in the thread itself. 

At some point we are going to send out a mass email with similar questions to do a complete Survey on the forum and various functions and so on. With that if there are specific questions you feel we should need to have answers to or want to see some info on please add them in here and I'll catalogue them. I cannot guarantee they will get asked, but we will do our best to cover any and all aspects in the survey. 

Finally I think we had a record number of tests this year as we are closing in on 30! opportunities with more then 120 testers this season! 

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

I think my thoughts are already well known. I agree wholeheartedly with @MaxEntropy’s comments about the testing section rollout. Communication is absolutely the key to managing change. Having to actively look for review updates on a (technically) separate forum is annoying, and probably significantly reduces traffic on the reviews. 

To be totally honest, the AMA is mildly interesting at best. I was really hoping for a lot more from the Content Hunter role, although I understand that the forum changes have had an impact on the implementation of this role. One new thread with a handful of different topics has probably under delivered from the forums expectations.

Hopefully any future significant changes to the forum will be made separately to significant staff changes. Managing both at the same time only magnifies any problems.

There has been a significant lack of presence of most of the admin/moderator team on the forum since the changes in staff.  It’s all well and good for staff to be working in the background(and I appreciate the work being done), but it would be great to see more presence on the forums from the entire team. It seems like the only regular moderator presence on the forum over the last few months is from @GolfSpy_APH, hopefully we can see the rest of the team engaging with the forum and its membership 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I was a frequent MGS app user and really was only way I interacted. When the app feature was removed it really cut down on my engagement. Even to this day I still struggle with the online format because I use my cell. I liked the ability to go in to the app feed and see everything that was recently posted and then I could engage that way. Now I feel like I have to look for what I want to talk about and sometimes it just feels tedious. I just think it's difficult to stay up on most recent content, especially if you are only able to log in once a day. Theres no real way to see what you've missed.

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

I was a frequent MGS app user and really was only way I interacted. When the app feature was removed it really cut down on my engagement. Even to this day I still struggle with the online format because I use my cell. I liked the ability to go in to the app feed and see everything that was recently posted and then I could engage that way. Now I feel like I have to look for what I want to talk about and sometimes it just feels tedious. I just think it's difficult to stay up on most recent content, especially if you are only able to log in once a day. Theres no real way to see what you've missed.

FWIW - I always have my phone showing the "Recent Content" view so it behaves like the old app or Tapatalk did. Makes it very easy to read the latest threads/posts.

• Like 8

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

First off, I want to say thank you to the moderators and development team for all the hard work you've put in this year on improving the forum. Not gonna lie, it was pretty rough at the start but it's starting to smooth out. You all have done a great job responding to our concerns and have put in a lot of work to make the forum better.

As far as the poll goes at the top of the page, on #7 I picked all of the above which included "other". I enjoy all of the options but want to say that the main reason I visit the forum is simply for the interaction with my fellow spies. I'm not big on other forms of "social media" I rarely post to them as they seem to have gotten away from wanting to bring us together and are too divisive. I am not a fan of all the negativity. On here we share advice and encouragement when it comes to golf and life in general, and I think that's pretty cool. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

There has been a significant lack of presence of most of the admin/moderator team on the forum since the changes in staff.  It’s all well and good for staff to be working in the background(and I appreciate the work being done), but it would be great to see more presence on the forums from the entire team. It seems like the only regular moderator presence on the forum over the last few months is from @GolfSpy_APH, hopefully we can see the rest of the team engaging with the forum and its membership 

I was thinking the same thing. However, I also appreciate the regular and ongoing communication from @GolfSpy_APH and @Golfspy_CG2. I assume the mod roles have changed and both are the primary 'face' of the forum mods .

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy