• Mobile/Tablet
    • Computer or Laptop
    • Both
  3. 3. Dark or Light Theme?

• Dark
    • Light
  4. 4. Rating system on testing

• Original numbered 0-100 broken down
    • Star rating system (searchable in thread)
    • Combination of both (similar to what we currently have)
    • Doesn't matter to me
  5. 5. Do you use the gallery?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Have you found the "Announcement Feature" to be helpful? How many are too many in your opinion?

• Yes, helpful.
    • No, don't pay much attention to them.
    • 1-3 is good
    • 1-5 is good
    • As many as we like, close them after reading anyway.
    • Other add in comments
  7. 7. Main reason for being on the forum.

• Testing & Reviews
    • General Forum Discussion
    • Seeking help or advice
    • Other contests opportunities (Majors & Ryder Cup contests)
    • Fantasy Sport Leagues run by MGS members
    • Other (please comment below)

This past year and correct me if I am wrong but there seems to have been an influx but also a retention of new members.

That was nice to see...clearly this community is doing something right.  I don't have any constructive feedback, it's a pleasure to browse and participate with all of you.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

53 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I don't have the stats you guys have, but I would suggest there was a huge decrease in engagement. I was part of the Callaway Epic test - there are three pages of comments. The most recent analogous test under the old system would be the TSi drivers last year with 44 (!!!!) pages of comments.

Not piling on here, just dropping in to +1 this. I only just realized there were different tabs for different types of comments within testing. I was about to 'leave feedback' for the third time on my current test when I noticed that there was a discussion thread like in the old version. I wonder how many others folks are in the same boat and if there might just be a banner announcement with a quick user tour on some of the changes (for this and for future changes)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour

Ball: ProV1x Left Dash, Chromesoft X LS
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I’m all for the constant attempts to improve, and as long as we’re all open to feedback (and everyone clearly is here) then keep it coming.

I am curious, and forgive me if this is the wrong thread to ask, but what are the drivers that impact the lead time before closing a testing opportunity for sign-ups and actually selecting and announcing testers?  I’m sure the number of applicants impacts things, but I also noticed the Titleist iron testers were announced in a day (I think) while other opportunities seem to take longer than others.

This is NOT a complaint by any stretch, I’m just genuinely curious as to what the drivers or factors are that impact that lead time, and I’m wondering if you wouldn’t mind giving a little peak behind the curtain regarding that.  Thanks!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 minute ago, greggarner said:

Not piling on here, just dropping in to +1 this. I only just realized there were different tabs for different types of comments within testing. I was about to 'leave feedback' for the third time on my current test when I noticed that there was a discussion thread like in the old version. I wonder how many others folks are in the same boat and if there might just be a banner announcement with a quick user tour on some of the changes (for this and for future changes)

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I understand and appreciate what you guys are trying to do. My biggest complaint is that the testing forum was not tested/debugged nearly enough before going live and there wasn't near enough education for the members. I don't have the stats you guys have, but I would suggest there was a huge decrease in engagement. I was part of the Callaway Epic test - there are three pages of comments. The most recent analogous test under the old system would be the TSi drivers last year with 44 (!!!!) pages of comments. If the new method was intended to drive engagement, it failed miserably (nevermind the wonky behavior that continues).

I'll leave the ads and the brutal effect on user experience alone, as you guys are at least trying to address it.

My preference is to view from the main page, but have been forced to use recent content on my phone because of the terrible user experience. I shouldn't have to change my preferred method.

I won't disagree there were several bugs within the new system and as we fixed one more were found out. Included in the previous forum testing update thread I discussed a LOT of those things there. Whether it was timing of it rolling out or whatever I hope we don't ever run into any of those situations again. For what it is worth there was a test site created, however none of the bugs were present there. Added to that it was the forum testing update thread that lead to a lot of the changes which have now been implemented and were suggested by the community. 

These being the tab format - Members didn't want to see the pick me pick me comments hence why we added the Comments and Pre Testing comments. 
@greggarner the "Leave Feedback" is only available for testers. Anyone commenting on the thread will have to do so under the regular comments as they do not have access to the review tab. This is exactly like the old placeholder posts just in a newish area... rather then being at the top/beginning of the thread its under its own tab. I thought I had mentioned this a few times before in previous threads, but I'll have to try and make it more clear for the future. 

We also manually change all the titles for the testing threads as to show when they have signup available, closed, testers announced, in progress and upon completion we send out an announcement to get more eyes on it. 

Part of the issue with fewer pages on the first few reviews on the system was they were not in recent content and unless they were followed it was less then ideal for users to find. Again this was something we worked on and moved as well as renamed as per the memberships request to make it more user friendly. Since then we have been able to get more eyes on them and had a better system for getting the tests more views and gain more traction within the forum.

As we work on some newer changes/optimization we will continue to update the thread (in posts much like these and the previous one I did) to educated and inform the members of whats going on and be there to answer questions that may arise. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

What's the purpose of the All/None choice in the poll?  All selects all options; None doesn't select anything.  Can't submit the poll with None selected... a choice must be made.

If more than one selection is appropriate, then the option should be "Select all that apply"

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

What's the purpose of the All/None choice in the poll?  All selects all options; None doesn't select anything.  Can't submit the poll with None selected... a choice must be made.

If more than one selection is appropriate, then the option should be "Select all that apply"

Just seems to be a default setting.. I'll look into it, but not something I'm too concerned about unless there are options that are missing?

Edit: Confirm it is a default setting that cannot be changed... If there is a specific option you want I can add it in. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

last point, please please fill out the poll as it helps us get an idea for use within the forum and we may send out a survey later on via email for everyone to fill out, but this is the start for now

Maybe I'm missing something but I could not find the poll to fill out.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

1 minute ago, daviddvm said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I could not find the poll to fill out.

Should be at the very top... I just signed up to triple check that its all up there at the top of the page. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Should be at the very top... I just signed up to triple check that its all up there at the top of the page. 

Okay thanks

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

19 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

@GolfSpy_APH, good update/thread. A few recommendations: Provide next steps after you and the other mods have had a chance to digest the feedback. As to site improvements, I would recommend that polls have a close date and disappear after that date. The current poll; scotty vs ping gold vault has been up for several weeks and maybe even months. This makes the  site look a bit stale.   Lastly the push emails 'Forum Digest' provide little to no value to me, not sure about anyone else.

Thanks again for the ongoing communication! 

I think there is a feature to have a thread timed and close at a certain date. So this is something we can look into and look to improve. 

Push emails have been something we have talked about as well and get a fair number of responses to. 

I will be set to close this poll likely middle of the next week. We have had good response so far, but traffic seems to get a bump Mondays (all of us at work missing golf seem to come here haha) therefore I want to leave it up through that and after I'll close it up and we can continue discussion simply in the thread itself. 

At some point we are going to send out a mass email with similar questions to do a complete Survey on the forum and various functions and so on. With that if there are specific questions you feel we should need to have answers to or want to see some info on please add them in here and I'll catalogue them. I cannot guarantee they will get asked, but we will do our best to cover any and all aspects in the survey. 

Finally I think we had a record number of tests this year as we are closing in on 30! opportunities with more then 120 testers this season! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I think my thoughts are already well known. I agree wholeheartedly with @MaxEntropy’s comments about the testing section rollout. Communication is absolutely the key to managing change. Having to actively look for review updates on a (technically) separate forum is annoying, and probably significantly reduces traffic on the reviews. 

To be totally honest, the AMA is mildly interesting at best. I was really hoping for a lot more from the Content Hunter role, although I understand that the forum changes have had an impact on the implementation of this role. One new thread with a handful of different topics has probably under delivered from the forums expectations.

Hopefully any future significant changes to the forum will be made separately to significant staff changes. Managing both at the same time only magnifies any problems.

There has been a significant lack of presence of most of the admin/moderator team on the forum since the changes in staff.  It’s all well and good for staff to be working in the background(and I appreciate the work being done), but it would be great to see more presence on the forums from the entire team. It seems like the only regular moderator presence on the forum over the last few months is from @GolfSpy_APH, hopefully we can see the rest of the team engaging with the forum and its membership 

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I was a frequent MGS app user and really was only way I interacted. When the app feature was removed it really cut down on my engagement. Even to this day I still struggle with the online format because I use my cell. I liked the ability to go in to the app feed and see everything that was recently posted and then I could engage that way. Now I feel like I have to look for what I want to talk about and sometimes it just feels tedious. I just think it's difficult to stay up on most recent content, especially if you are only able to log in once a day. Theres no real way to see what you've missed.

20 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

I was a frequent MGS app user and really was only way I interacted. When the app feature was removed it really cut down on my engagement. Even to this day I still struggle with the online format because I use my cell. I liked the ability to go in to the app feed and see everything that was recently posted and then I could engage that way. Now I feel like I have to look for what I want to talk about and sometimes it just feels tedious. I just think it's difficult to stay up on most recent content, especially if you are only able to log in once a day. Theres no real way to see what you've missed.

FWIW - I always have my phone showing the "Recent Content" view so it behaves like the old app or Tapatalk did. Makes it very easy to read the latest threads/posts.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

First off, I want to say thank you to the moderators and development team for all the hard work you've put in this year on improving the forum. Not gonna lie, it was pretty rough at the start but it's starting to smooth out. You all have done a great job responding to our concerns and have put in a lot of work to make the forum better.

As far as the poll goes at the top of the page, on #7 I picked all of the above which included "other". I enjoy all of the options but want to say that the main reason I visit the forum is simply for the interaction with my fellow spies. I'm not big on other forms of "social media" I rarely post to them as they seem to have gotten away from wanting to bring us together and are too divisive. I am not a fan of all the negativity. On here we share advice and encouragement when it comes to golf and life in general, and I think that's pretty cool. 

4 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

There has been a significant lack of presence of most of the admin/moderator team on the forum since the changes in staff.  It’s all well and good for staff to be working in the background(and I appreciate the work being done), but it would be great to see more presence on the forums from the entire team. It seems like the only regular moderator presence on the forum over the last few months is from @GolfSpy_APH, hopefully we can see the rest of the team engaging with the forum and its membership 

I was thinking the same thing. However, I also appreciate the regular and ongoing communication from @GolfSpy_APH and @Golfspy_CG2. I assume the mod roles have changed and both are the primary 'face' of the forum mods .

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I was thinking the same thing. However, I also appreciate the regular and ongoing communication from @GolfSpy_APH and @Golfspy_CG2. I assume the mod roles have changed and both are the primary 'face' of the forum mods .

I think overall for us it has been a bit of a abnormal season. Without going into personal details, which I don't know if they would want shared or not ALL the mods have had some big life changes or situations that have impacted time spent on the forum as these life situations certainly had priority. 

I was fortunate that although my work was insanely busy in the summer and had lots of other things going on. I still have had the downtime to put into the site. Added to this although being the newest mods I have still been around the site for over 5 years and have already built that recognition, therefore this is a easier role for me to fall into as I was comfortable taking on some of this (yes the forum testing thread being one of them that kept me up for nights.... I wish I wasn't joking). For me the site is just as much about the membership and people as it golf, testing and such and this is where I have found my role as a mod so far.

Chris @GolfSpy_TCG has done a great job in his new role as Content Hunter as this is still a new position that is being flushed out. The AMA is a major project and he has used some great connections as well as taken on some other mod duties. I have really enjoyed the AMA so far and what its brought to the forum and am looking forward to his other projects that will surely come... but having been on the job for all of 4 months and brought us that I think is a great start. 

Hopefully that kinda clears some of that up... for me on a side note as their schedules lighten mine is going to get busier and as much as I want to be around more I will have time taken up with work, a event in Kazakhstan for a few weeks and soon my first child. Of course this doesn't mean I won't be here, but time will be less as family and other priorities will take some time away from being on the site and I'm sure the others will pick up the slack. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I'm here for the community. One of the best. I don't comment as regularly as I could, haven't made very many friends, but the general upbeat mood from everyone and the help people give is outstanding and no other golf forums compare in my opinion. I appreciate the lack of bickering, the lack of judgement, and lack of attacking you'd find on other forums. Bravo MGS you've made one hell of a forum and I thank you for that. 

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think overall for us it has been a bit of a abnormal season. Without going into personal details, which I don't know if they would want shared or not ALL the mods have had some big life changes or situations that have impacted time spent on the forum as these life situations certainly had priority. 

I was fortunate that although my work was insanely busy in the summer and had lots of other things going on. I still have had the downtime to put into the site. Added to this although being the newest mods I have still been around the site for over 5 years and have already built that recognition, therefore this is a easier role for me to fall into as I was comfortable taking on some of this (yes the forum testing thread being one of them that kept me up for nights.... I wish I wasn't joking). For me the site is just as much about the membership and people as it golf, testing and such and this is where I have found my role as a mod so far.

Chris @GolfSpy_TCG has done a great job in his new role as Content Hunter as this is still a new position that is being flushed out. The AMA is a major project and he has used some great connections as well as taken on some other mod duties. I have really enjoyed the AMA so far and what its brought to the forum and am looking forward to his other projects that will surely come... but having been on the job for all of 4 months and brought us that I think is a great start. 

Hopefully that kinda clears some of that up... for me on a side note as their schedules lighten mine is going to get busier and as much as I want to be around more I will have time taken up with work, a event in Kazakhstan for a few weeks and soon my first child. Of course this doesn't mean I won't be here, but time will be less as family and other priorities will take some time away from being on the site and I'm sure the others will pick up the slack. 

Thanks for the update - figured that's what was going on with the other mods. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It has been interesting to see some of the results come in and personally I am surprised to see as many use the main page as the numbers show. Ever since I discovered Recent Content I haven't looked back. That being said with this data I've done a bit of work on the main page making it look a little better by adding in some photos for the categories. Hopefully at least aesthetically this makes it look a little better and more inviting. 

Now I may end up regretting saying this, but if you have some good (relevant) photos which you may like to put up for a potential photo to replace one you can send me a PM with it. I can't guarantee that it will go up, but am open to making some changes to some of them. 

Appreciate all who have done the poll so far and it has been great to see the numbers come back and give us some further insight as to how many of you use the forum.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am forever grateful for this forum. I know that I've been less active this year, but still love and appreciate this place.

Some random thoughts on the forum that I hope is constructive and not just whining for the sake of whining:

I struggled/am struggling to adjust to the new way that testing is displayed on the forum. Granted, I haven't had the time to really learn the new way to navigate through the threads. I'm not sure if it's because I'm acting like a stick in the mud and not adapting, but the user experience is best if it doesn't need lots of explanation on how something is supposed to be used. When I first joined the forum, reading through the testing threads required no explanation on how to read and learn the the thoughts of the testers.

Also, my lower interaction with the forum is also linked to losing the app. The online version of the forum on a cell phone is less than quality, so I only jump on the forum on my work laptop during work hours. Having an app would be a way I could engage better than I currently do.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

21 minutes ago, palvord said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am forever grateful for this forum. I know that I've been less active this year, but still love and appreciate this place.

Some random thoughts on the forum that I hope is constructive and not just whining for the sake of whining:

I struggled/am struggling to adjust to the new way that testing is displayed on the forum. Granted, I haven't had the time to really learn the new way to navigate through the threads. I'm not sure if it's because I'm acting like a stick in the mud and not adapting, but the user experience is best if it doesn't need lots of explanation on how something is supposed to be used. When I first joined the forum, reading through the testing threads required no explanation on how to read and learn the the thoughts of the testers.

Also, my lower interaction with the forum is also linked to losing the app. The online version of the forum on a cell phone is less than quality, so I only jump on the forum on my work laptop during work hours. Having an app would be a way I could engage better than I currently do.

I know for some like yourself loosing the App certainly hurt. I will admit I used the app exclusively until I did my first review and then tried to mobile version and never looked back. Again however that is just me. Unfortunately as it stands right now there is no app in progress and at the moment the site software doesn't at this time allow for it. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of the software side as that is not my speciality, but if and when we are able to have an app again I am sure it is something that will be looked into. Unfortunately with the mobile site and linking it to your home screen functioning as an app I can't say it is very high on the priority list, but is something that is still discussed. 

I am hopeful that with the changes we have made to the testing side of things it is much more intuitive and more similar to the "older" way, just contained within the new section. I'm not sure when you last recently went onto it and if it was recently my apologies, but if you have suggestions as to how to make it more accessible please provide some feedback as this is part of the reason this thread exists. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 10/9/2021 at 7:45 AM, tchat07 said:

Really agree with this.  I used the app way more than the main site from my laptop.  Sorry to see that's not an option any longer.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know for some like yourself loosing the App certainly hurt. I will admit I used the app exclusively until I did my first review and then tried to mobile version and never looked back. Again however that is just me. Unfortunately as it stands right now there is no app in progress and at the moment the site software doesn't at this time allow for it. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of the software side as that is not my speciality, but if and when we are able to have an app again I am sure it is something that will be looked into. Unfortunately with the mobile site and linking it to your home screen functioning as an app I can't say it is very high on the priority list, but is something that is still discussed. 

I am hopeful that with the changes we have made to the testing side of things it is much more intuitive and more similar to the "older" way, just contained within the new section. I'm not sure when you last recently went onto it and if it was recently my apologies, but if you have suggestions as to how to make it more accessible please provide some feedback as this is part of the reason this thread exists. 

Stinks to hear an app isn't in the near future, but I understand priorities. Gotta put the attention into what makes the most sense for the most people.

As to the testing side of things, I stopped trying to poke around after the first month or so of the change. Poking around today things are more user friendly than before. Thank you! It's an initial look, but for me when the change was made, I couldn't figure things out easily, so I stopped trying and that probably lowered my participation compared to previous years. Will be slightly more active now that I can figure things out.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

8 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Really agree with this.  I used the app way more than the main site from my laptop.  Sorry to see that's not an option any longer.

The advice given to me was pretty solid if you switch it to recent content (the little newspaper at the top of the main page). It makes it similar though not quite like the app.