• Mobile/Tablet
    • Computer or Laptop
    • Both
  3. 3. Dark or Light Theme?

• Dark
    • Light
  4. 4. Rating system on testing

• Original numbered 0-100 broken down
    • Star rating system (searchable in thread)
    • Combination of both (similar to what we currently have)
    • Doesn't matter to me
  5. 5. Do you use the gallery?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Have you found the "Announcement Feature" to be helpful? How many are too many in your opinion?

• Yes, helpful.
    • No, don't pay much attention to them.
    • 1-3 is good
    • 1-5 is good
    • As many as we like, close them after reading anyway.
    • Other add in comments
  7. 7. Main reason for being on the forum.

• Testing & Reviews
    • General Forum Discussion
    • Seeking help or advice
    • Other contests opportunities (Majors & Ryder Cup contests)
    • Fantasy Sport Leagues run by MGS members
    • Other (please comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I was thinking the same thing. However, I also appreciate the regular and ongoing communication from @GolfSpy_APH and @Golfspy_CG2. I assume the mod roles have changed and both are the primary 'face' of the forum mods .

I think overall for us it has been a bit of a abnormal season. Without going into personal details, which I don't know if they would want shared or not ALL the mods have had some big life changes or situations that have impacted time spent on the forum as these life situations certainly had priority. 

I was fortunate that although my work was insanely busy in the summer and had lots of other things going on. I still have had the downtime to put into the site. Added to this although being the newest mods I have still been around the site for over 5 years and have already built that recognition, therefore this is a easier role for me to fall into as I was comfortable taking on some of this (yes the forum testing thread being one of them that kept me up for nights.... I wish I wasn't joking). For me the site is just as much about the membership and people as it golf, testing and such and this is where I have found my role as a mod so far.

Chris @GolfSpy_TCG has done a great job in his new role as Content Hunter as this is still a new position that is being flushed out. The AMA is a major project and he has used some great connections as well as taken on some other mod duties. I have really enjoyed the AMA so far and what its brought to the forum and am looking forward to his other projects that will surely come... but having been on the job for all of 4 months and brought us that I think is a great start. 

Hopefully that kinda clears some of that up... for me on a side note as their schedules lighten mine is going to get busier and as much as I want to be around more I will have time taken up with work, a event in Kazakhstan for a few weeks and soon my first child. Of course this doesn't mean I won't be here, but time will be less as family and other priorities will take some time away from being on the site and I'm sure the others will pick up the slack. 

• Like 9

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

I'm here for the community. One of the best. I don't comment as regularly as I could, haven't made very many friends, but the general upbeat mood from everyone and the help people give is outstanding and no other golf forums compare in my opinion. I appreciate the lack of bickering, the lack of judgement, and lack of attacking you'd find on other forums. Bravo MGS you've made one hell of a forum and I thank you for that. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think overall for us it has been a bit of a abnormal season. Without going into personal details, which I don't know if they would want shared or not ALL the mods have had some big life changes or situations that have impacted time spent on the forum as these life situations certainly had priority. 

I was fortunate that although my work was insanely busy in the summer and had lots of other things going on. I still have had the downtime to put into the site. Added to this although being the newest mods I have still been around the site for over 5 years and have already built that recognition, therefore this is a easier role for me to fall into as I was comfortable taking on some of this (yes the forum testing thread being one of them that kept me up for nights.... I wish I wasn't joking). For me the site is just as much about the membership and people as it golf, testing and such and this is where I have found my role as a mod so far.

Chris @GolfSpy_TCG has done a great job in his new role as Content Hunter as this is still a new position that is being flushed out. The AMA is a major project and he has used some great connections as well as taken on some other mod duties. I have really enjoyed the AMA so far and what its brought to the forum and am looking forward to his other projects that will surely come... but having been on the job for all of 4 months and brought us that I think is a great start. 

Hopefully that kinda clears some of that up... for me on a side note as their schedules lighten mine is going to get busier and as much as I want to be around more I will have time taken up with work, a event in Kazakhstan for a few weeks and soon my first child. Of course this doesn't mean I won't be here, but time will be less as family and other priorities will take some time away from being on the site and I'm sure the others will pick up the slack. 

Thanks for the update - figured that's what was going on with the other mods. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It has been interesting to see some of the results come in and personally I am surprised to see as many use the main page as the numbers show. Ever since I discovered Recent Content I haven't looked back. That being said with this data I've done a bit of work on the main page making it look a little better by adding in some photos for the categories. Hopefully at least aesthetically this makes it look a little better and more inviting. 

Now I may end up regretting saying this, but if you have some good (relevant) photos which you may like to put up for a potential photo to replace one you can send me a PM with it. I can't guarantee that it will go up, but am open to making some changes to some of them. 

Appreciate all who have done the poll so far and it has been great to see the numbers come back and give us some further insight as to how many of you use the forum.

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am forever grateful for this forum. I know that I've been less active this year, but still love and appreciate this place.

Some random thoughts on the forum that I hope is constructive and not just whining for the sake of whining:

I struggled/am struggling to adjust to the new way that testing is displayed on the forum. Granted, I haven't had the time to really learn the new way to navigate through the threads. I'm not sure if it's because I'm acting like a stick in the mud and not adapting, but the user experience is best if it doesn't need lots of explanation on how something is supposed to be used. When I first joined the forum, reading through the testing threads required no explanation on how to read and learn the the thoughts of the testers.

Also, my lower interaction with the forum is also linked to losing the app. The online version of the forum on a cell phone is less than quality, so I only jump on the forum on my work laptop during work hours. Having an app would be a way I could engage better than I currently do.

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

21 minutes ago, palvord said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am forever grateful for this forum. I know that I've been less active this year, but still love and appreciate this place.

Some random thoughts on the forum that I hope is constructive and not just whining for the sake of whining:

I struggled/am struggling to adjust to the new way that testing is displayed on the forum. Granted, I haven't had the time to really learn the new way to navigate through the threads. I'm not sure if it's because I'm acting like a stick in the mud and not adapting, but the user experience is best if it doesn't need lots of explanation on how something is supposed to be used. When I first joined the forum, reading through the testing threads required no explanation on how to read and learn the the thoughts of the testers.

Also, my lower interaction with the forum is also linked to losing the app. The online version of the forum on a cell phone is less than quality, so I only jump on the forum on my work laptop during work hours. Having an app would be a way I could engage better than I currently do.

I know for some like yourself loosing the App certainly hurt. I will admit I used the app exclusively until I did my first review and then tried to mobile version and never looked back. Again however that is just me. Unfortunately as it stands right now there is no app in progress and at the moment the site software doesn't at this time allow for it. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of the software side as that is not my speciality, but if and when we are able to have an app again I am sure it is something that will be looked into. Unfortunately with the mobile site and linking it to your home screen functioning as an app I can't say it is very high on the priority list, but is something that is still discussed. 

I am hopeful that with the changes we have made to the testing side of things it is much more intuitive and more similar to the "older" way, just contained within the new section. I'm not sure when you last recently went onto it and if it was recently my apologies, but if you have suggestions as to how to make it more accessible please provide some feedback as this is part of the reason this thread exists. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

On 10/9/2021 at 7:45 AM, tchat07 said:

I was a frequent MGS app user and really was only way I interacted. When the app feature was removed it really cut down on my engagement. Even to this day I still struggle with the online format because I use my cell. I liked the ability to go in to the app feed and see everything that was recently posted and then I could engage that way. Now I feel like I have to look for what I want to talk about and sometimes it just feels tedious. I just think it's difficult to stay up on most recent content, especially if you are only able to log in once a day. Theres no real way to see what you've missed.

Really agree with this.  I used the app way more than the main site from my laptop.  Sorry to see that's not an option any longer.

• Like 1

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know for some like yourself loosing the App certainly hurt. I will admit I used the app exclusively until I did my first review and then tried to mobile version and never looked back. Again however that is just me. Unfortunately as it stands right now there is no app in progress and at the moment the site software doesn't at this time allow for it. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of the software side as that is not my speciality, but if and when we are able to have an app again I am sure it is something that will be looked into. Unfortunately with the mobile site and linking it to your home screen functioning as an app I can't say it is very high on the priority list, but is something that is still discussed. 

I am hopeful that with the changes we have made to the testing side of things it is much more intuitive and more similar to the "older" way, just contained within the new section. I'm not sure when you last recently went onto it and if it was recently my apologies, but if you have suggestions as to how to make it more accessible please provide some feedback as this is part of the reason this thread exists. 

Stinks to hear an app isn't in the near future, but I understand priorities. Gotta put the attention into what makes the most sense for the most people.

As to the testing side of things, I stopped trying to poke around after the first month or so of the change. Poking around today things are more user friendly than before. Thank you! It's an initial look, but for me when the change was made, I couldn't figure things out easily, so I stopped trying and that probably lowered my participation compared to previous years. Will be slightly more active now that I can figure things out.

• Like 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

8 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Really agree with this.  I used the app way more than the main site from my laptop.  Sorry to see that's not an option any longer.

The advice given to me was pretty solid if you switch it to recent content (the little newspaper at the top of the main page). It makes it similar though not quite like the app.

• Like 3

I read a lot more than I post here. But the conversation is always good and the community is nice. 

• Like 4

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

As a relative newbie and hardcore lurker here, I have a few observations.  Mods in the forums are nice, but in a lot of companies they pay someone to sit there and be a presence for the mods, using their handle. Response to questions is the goal, yes?  

Ads are always a problem. There are ways to discover which ads work. IMO it boils down to the types of ads. I'd poll the membership, then encouraage advertisers to offer more value:  discounts, contests, freebies, a membership role in the forums offering expertise and in-line links, advertorial-type write ups that inform and show involvement, podcasts of interviews with people in the business with something to sell that can educate (think of Michael Breed's Club Champion segments).  

I'd be very interested to read a mission statement or the like on the site. Are you GolfWRX or Hacker's Paradise, etc. ?  Do you focus on current topics and news or vintage equipment and ideas?  Seems to me you can't please all the people all the time. I first encounted GolfSpy as a review resource, then was impressed by the expertise they evoked.  Forums rely on the personality of your members.  Nerds over at GolfWRX, fun-loving social types at HP.  I don't get a feel for the membership here (although, I am not very involved yet). 

I get the feeling this has all been hashed over and over already. From the site's POV, it is a branding problem. The site wants to maintain a strong brand, unique expert content, then attract like-minded loyalists. That means engaging members ASAP with new content and personal benefits.  

Polling works to a certain point.  Then, choices work better: Here are 3 homepage designs, choose 1.  Here are 3 ad solutions, choose 1.  etc.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

WIMB RH
TaylorMade Burner Driver 10.5* REAX reg graphite
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX reg graphite
Mizuno MX-23 forged irons, 4-P, Dynalite Gold regular steel
Mizuno MP Series forged wedges 52, 56, 60
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36"
Ball: Snell MTB Black

Some of us like providing additional information to ensure golfers keep golfing.

• Like 1

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

2 hours ago, DejaGolf said:

As a relative newbie and hardcore lurker here, I have a few observations.  Mods in the forums are nice, but in a lot of companies they pay someone to sit there and be a presence for the mods, using their handle. Response to questions is the goal, yes?  

Ads are always a problem. There are ways to discover which ads work. IMO it boils down to the types of ads. I'd poll the membership, then encouraage advertisers to offer more value:  discounts, contests, freebies, a membership role in the forums offering expertise and in-line links, advertorial-type write ups that inform and show involvement, podcasts of interviews with people in the business with something to sell that can educate (think of Michael Breed's Club Champion segments).  

I'd be very interested to read a mission statement or the like on the site. Are you GolfWRX or Hacker's Paradise, etc. ?  Do you focus on current topics and news or vintage equipment and ideas?  Seems to me you can't please all the people all the time. I first encounted GolfSpy as a review resource, then was impressed by the expertise they evoked.  Forums rely on the personality of your members.  Nerds over at GolfWRX, fun-loving social types at HP.  I don't get a feel for the membership here (although, I am not very involved yet). 

I get the feeling this has all been hashed over and over already. From the site's POV, it is a branding problem. The site wants to maintain a strong brand, unique expert content, then attract like-minded loyalists. That means engaging members ASAP with new content and personal benefits.  

Polling works to a certain point.  Then, choices work better: Here are 3 homepage designs, choose 1.  Here are 3 ad solutions, choose 1.  etc.

Good luck.

Here is a link the the blog site and the over arching MGS mission statement: https://mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

As for the Forum we follow close by the blog site The forum's mission statement: MyGolfSpy's Community Forum aspires to continued growth while adhering to its core goal of being a place for serious, honest and fun discussion on both golf and life, and a place to go for product reviews - a true online ‘19th Hole’ where all are welcome and all members are treated with respect and friendship.”

Our goal as moderators are not to be police for the site but to be active and engaged within the site as members, not just overseers of the site. Although we of course take part in moderating threads, managing member accounts, trouble shooting, site management, test selection, site improvements and a whole lot more. We are members here just like everyone else who want to see the forum thrive and continue being a welcoming and engaging community that we are. 

Ads have been discussed in other threads and I'll leave it those threads for further discussion on that matter. 

As for the polls these were for me to get some data and information to assist me in helping to plan the offseason and where some areas should take more focus and others where we maybe can bump down the priority list.

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Here is a link the the blog site and the over arching MGS mission statement: https://mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

As for the Forum we follow close by the blog site The forum's mission statement: MyGolfSpy's Community Forum aspires to continued growth while adhering to its core goal of being a place for serious, honest and fun discussion on both golf and life, and a place to go for product reviews - a true online ‘19th Hole’ where all are welcome and all members are treated with respect and friendship.”

Our goal as moderators are not to be police for the site but to be active and engaged within the site as members, not just overseers of the site. Although we of course take part in moderating threads, managing member accounts, trouble shooting, site management, test selection, site improvements and a whole lot more. We are members here just like everyone else who want to see the forum thrive and continue being a welcoming and engaging community that we are. 

Ads have been discussed in other threads and I'll leave it those threads for further discussion on that matter. 

As for the polls these were for me to get some data and information to assist me in helping to plan the offseason and where some areas should take more focus and others where we maybe can bump down the priority list.

(I don't usually quote the whole darn thing like this)

Thanks for the response. Love the mission pages. Reviews IMO are your foundation and biggest asset right now.  

GolfWRX is a community, ebb and flow kind of engaging conversations. They do reviews and media, but it has no punch.  Hackers Paradise is a father/mother to the hordes of kids on their site, clammering for more.  SandTrap is kind of in between and vanilla, with no expertise except a long history and loyal following.

Seems to me the design of the site is less important than its members, which means the content and UX are king for its members. Yeah, I'd listen, pay attention to the polls, with the other ear on revenue and advertising which you can turn around to benefits for the members. Also, publicity for MyGolfSpy is key.  Get the name some life--what does it mean? 

I'll give the site an informal audit and PM you with some suggestions. Might take a week or so. Thanks.

Next day:  I've read a lot on the site and have a better idea of where you are, so I might have been late the party as far as suggestions go. Seems like you're all doing the right thing--gathering viewpoints and tweaking the site. I think it feels pretty darn good.

Edited by DejaGolf
  • Hmmm 3

WIMB RH
TaylorMade Burner Driver 10.5* REAX reg graphite
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX reg graphite
Mizuno MX-23 forged irons, 4-P, Dynalite Gold regular steel
Mizuno MP Series forged wedges 52, 56, 60
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36"
Ball: Snell MTB Black

Not the most senior member by far, but I've been here a minute and I'm just going to echo something that the other folks have touched on -- I miss the old reviews. Yeah, the pick me pick me bros were a little annoying, but it was wayyyyyy more engaging for non-testers previously, and it flowed a little better from announcement, product received, initial thoughts, ..., final review. Admittedly, I barely participated in the CCC this year, and hardly followed any of the reviews because it just didn't feel as connected. Maybe I'm just a forum Boomer and hate change? Gimmie my old bbcode forums and get off mah lawn!

Still the best golf community around, and I've made good friends both on and offline from MGS, stoked to see our membership growing with so many quality people

• Haha 5

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

Not the most senior member by far, but I've been here a minute and I'm just going to echo something that the other folks have touched on -- I miss the old reviews. Yeah, the pick me pick me bros were a little annoying, but it was wayyyyyy more engaging for non-testers previously, and it flowed a little better from announcement, product received, initial thoughts, ..., final review. Admittedly, I barely participated in the CCC this year, and hardly followed any of the reviews because it just didn't feel as connected. Maybe I'm just a forum Boomer and hate change? Gimmie my old bbcode forums and get off mah lawn!

Still the best golf community around, and I've made good friends both on and offline from MGS, stoked to see our membership growing with so many quality people

I know that I have talked a lot on this topic all over the forum, but I think a few things are good to repeat. I should also start by saying having had to work with and on the newer system I am likely one of the most comfortable with it. We have already spoken on the roll out and how it was buggy and there was a lot of work done to it as well as work continues on it. It is night and day from where it was at launch in terms of user friendliness and overall functionality. Since our main changes and feedback taken from our membership the engagement has gone up and I think in part members getting more use to the system as well. 

On top of all of this here are a few other outside factors that assisted in making it a bit more complicated
- Several reviews including CC5 had to be cancelled 
- There are also several reviews where testing kit has been delayed by literally months due to covid and more. 
- Initial engagement and complications soured users on the new system reducing engagement (situation like yours)
- Changes in staff also had an effect and time to explain/answer questions on it all.

With how it is now the flow is a lot better, with it still being a fair bit of work on the back end to keep it organized (Testers Wanted, Signup Closed, Testers Announced, In-Progress, Final Reviews). We now have a system and better schedule that is more structured to keep it organized and help the flow as you put. Again the flow has been disrupted a lot due to product delays and other covid/shipping factors which has hurt. The initial reviews on the system are the ones that were effected the most as they were not in recent content, a little more hidden on the main page and so on. However now we have it showing for recent content, a new tab for testers wanted on the main page and more intuitive titles around the site to direct a brand new person to the reviews. For reference I often use my wife being a complete non golfer to try and find it all and see if it flows haha. 

I'm all for suggestions within the new system, but I also don't have the power to change back to the old way and given the resources put into the new one don't think that would be a option at this point and all in all would be better to work on and revise this in order make it more to the memberships liking. 

• Like 6

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

- Changes in staff also had an effect and time to explain/answer questions on it all.

To me, this is the crux of the problem. The pandemic is a great, catch-all excuse and certainly caused issues, but don't forget 2020 was a pandemic year (albeit with less supply chain issues). In my opinion, it was very poor timing to have so much staff changeover and try to implement a huge change in the way the testing functions at nearly the same time. We all know you guys have careers outside of this place, but that does not excuse the lack of "change management" that went on. We now have 4 new staff members along with "old timer" @GolfSpy MPR and "emeritus" staff @Golfspy_CG2. I have no clue what the other new guys do behind the scenes, but for all practical purposes, you are the face of the staff as you most frequently interact with us. Is there really that much that goes on behind the curtain or did the other guys over-commit by taking these roles which is really limiting their effectiveness? Meanwhile, two very effective staff members (at least from an end-user perspective) were let go to make room for the new guys. The "why" of these changes is none of my business. The only reason I bring it up is things ran much smoother last year (another pandemic year) without the huge changes. Even though I'm approaching old-fart age, I am not resistant to change - I actually like it when it is not change just for the sake of change.

• Like 4

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

Going keep the poll open through the weekend and close it off. Thank you all for participating as its provided some valuable insight as well as guidance as to where we can improve and grow. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020