Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf Lessons

Hey Sarah - great question, and you'll get a lot of good answers here, but .. it all depends on a few factors...

.. First and foremost is finding an instructor with whom you can communicate well - you understand them .. the literal WHAT of what they're describing .. and they understand you .. the actual question you're asking. Someone who can evaluate _you_ and your capabilities. Really critical for learning this game!

.. So given that, are *you* more comfortable taking instruction in-person or do you feel you could do just as well remotely?

.. even if you can't definitively decide on that you could, for example, start with some one in person and then go remote if that's more convenient for you.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

PersonalIy would think in-person would be the best way to start your journey with a teaching pro.  After a couple of lessons then maybe a hybrid approach would be worth trying.  Going remote could be a convenient way to help keep you on track more frequently than would otherwise be practical.

On 10/10/2021 at 1:36 PM, Pandaman said:

PersonalIy would think in-person would be the best way to start your journey with a teaching pro.  After a couple of lessons then maybe a hybrid approach would be worth trying.  Going remote could be a convenient way to help keep you on track more frequently than would otherwise be practical.

I think you make a great point. Elaborating on convenience, so many people seem to want to golf but lack time, resources, and even a course. Does that strengthen the case for a remote opportunity?

On 10/8/2021 at 7:11 PM, cksurfdude said:

Hey Sarah - great question, and you'll get a lot of good answers here, but .. it all depends on a few factors...

.. First and foremost is finding an instructor with whom you can communicate well - you understand them .. the literal WHAT of what they're describing .. and they understand you .. the actual question you're asking. Someone who can evaluate _you_ and your capabilities. Really critical for learning this game!

.. So given that, are *you* more comfortable taking instruction in-person or do you feel you could do just as well remotely?

.. even if you can't definitively decide on that you could, for example, start with some one in person and then go remote if that's more convenient for you.

Thank you for the response. I completely agree. I think what would be great about remote lessons would be the convenience aspect of it. Personally, would it benefit you? Or do you know someone it would benefit? 

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

For some reason I am reading into your posts that you aren't seeking lessons for yourself but have a great option for remote lessons for us.  

It certainly sounds like the beginning of a sales pitch to me.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

18 hours ago, cnosil said:

For some reason I am reading into your posts that you aren't seeking lessons for yourself but have a great option for remote lessons for us.  

🤣

Next post:  "Well what if I told you about an exciting new opportunity in golf instruction guaranteed to help you hit longer drives, hit more fairways, and lower your scores?"

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

43 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

🤣

Next post:  "Well what if I told you about an exciting new opportunity in golf instruction guaranteed to help you hit longer drives, hit more fairways, and lower your scores?"

Probably a infomercial on the way.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

As far as I am concerned, having my pro watch me hit balls and provide real-time feed back is priceless. Could not see this working virtually.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

On 10/15/2021 at 10:24 PM, Firebird said:

As far as I am concerned, having my pro watch me hit balls and provide real-time feed back is priceless. Could not see this working virtually.

I completely agree, but a virtual/remote option as a supplement to help keep track between relatively infrequent  in-person lessons could be a useful tool.

1 hour ago, stephenmatt said:

I agree but if OP does not have time for in-person lessons then maybe virtual is the best option!

Doing the op is posting this looking for an answer. Op is posting to sell services. Either promoting skillest as an employee or as a coach 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, stephenmatt said:

Oh, OP is trying to pull a fast one on us?!

Yes several people alluded to that after the op and then if you look at the subsequent posts from the op they are talking about the convenience of remote lessons and then asking if that would benefit a person that replied to a previous if they would benefit that person.

OP joined, created this themes and replied a couple times and that’s it’s for activity 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

14 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

OP joined, created this themes and replied a couple times and that’s it’s for activity

Yep all us guys who responded earlier (..poster points to self..) saw a woman's name asking a question about golf and we just had to jump in... 🤷‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Today I drove a little over an hour one way for my first lesson with a new coach.  An hour lesson and paid $250 for the lesson.  Two hours of driving, three hours total time away from home.

Worth every penny!  If I can hit the ball tomorrow like I did today it will be worth even more. 

My coach texted me a video after the lesson that he took while we were working together demonstrating a drill he wants me to do.

When I asked him when we should get together again he told me it was completely up to me.  When I had mastered what we had discussed come back if I want help with something else.  

I’m excited to get to the range tomorrow!

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels