Arccos

For those of you who’ve tried Arccos and similar products, what have been your results?

Taylormade Sim 9.0

Taylormade sim2 13.5

Srixon z irons

SM8 Vijay wedges (54,58)

Odyssey Double Wide putter

Taylormade TP5

I purchased Arccos at the end of June/early July and I'm a big fan.  It has definitely helped my game for two main reasons - 1. getting accurate distances for my clubs (I've never done a true gapping session and got new P790s last fall) 2. the caddie feature on each shot that tells you the distance, adjusted distance (takes into account elevation change, wind, temperature, altitude, humidity), and recommended club based on your distances.   

I had some issues the first few weeks with the app not picking up shots, but I haven't had a missed shot in 2+ months.  I don't know if it just needs to get acclimated or what, but no issues since then.  The one thing that is not real accurate is the putting.  I usually double check to make sure the putts are accurate after each hole, but I have the app up to see the next hole and it's a quick tap of a +1 on the putts. **They just put out or are putting out an improvement to the putt tracking 

I got the sensors that you screw into the end of your grips.  I did not get the belt clip because from what I've read, it's the first model and a number of people are having issues.  

You do need to keep your phone in your front pocket.  It took me a few rounds to get used to that.  

• Like 1

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic

3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60g

4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff *fitted

52* 56* & 60* Wedges: Cleveland RTX4

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: Vice Pro Plus or whatever premium ball was on sale recently

On 10/10/2021 at 8:50 PM, JeB said:

For those of you who’ve tried Arccos and similar products, what have been your results?

What exactly are you looking for in a stat tracking device? Are you just wanting to collect distances and basic stats? Strokes gained analytics? A.I. tools like Arccos Caddie? Is your question directed toward ease of use?

I've used Arccos, Game Golf, and Shot Scope (v2). They all vary in how they present data, their ease of use, and what "assistance" they provide golfers in shooting lower scores.

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Ive been using Arccos most of the season. Around 40+ rounds i think. Absolutely love it. Customer support is awesome when sensors fail, not to often. Shot tracking is great. Love that it scores my round for me. Love the stats. It helps show where my week parts of my game were. Its not always where you think it was. I can look back at previous rounds with out digging through a box of old score cards. Its WAY better for pace of play than comparable apps that require you to enter each club etc on the GPS location. I have not used any Arccoss competitors that use club sensors to compare too. 

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

Currently being tested so have a look in the Testers Wanted Section.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Epic Hybrid 18 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway Clubs

Callaway Big Bertha Putter - Preferred

Preferred ball - Seed 001

12 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Currently being tested so have a look in the Testers Wanted Section.

Actually under the 'Tests and Review' header. Here's the link to the ARRCOS Sensor Grip review:

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 3 weeks later...

After using the system for a over a year I now have 257 rounds captured by Arccos, 18,700 shots.

What the Arccos system has allowed me to do is get a much clearer picture of my golf game.

What does having a better understanding of your golf game give you?

1.  Now I know realistically how far my clubs go.  I make better club choice selections and hit more greens.

2. Now I know how often I use certain clubs.  I have made changes to my bag based on this.  There were yardage gaps.  A couple clubs needed to have their lofts tweaked.  A couple clubs weren’t being used because I didn’t have confidence in them or they were a poor fit for me and for the course I normally play and were replaced.

3. Knowing what my strengths and weaknesses are and where my lost strokes come from has redefined how I practice and play.  I spent the last year reading Dave Pelz’s Short Game Bible and Putting Bible and putting the new knowledge in to play based on what Arccos showed me I needed to work on.  Putting and Chipping are now my two greatest strengths.

4. Post round reviews and looking at the online dashboard really shows what your tendencies are after a short while of using the sensors.

5.  The Caddie feature is great to use when playing unfamiliar courses or to map out your strategy for playing a course that you want to play better on.

Any type of effort you put into capturing information about your game will give you good insights.  What I like about the Arccos system is that it is the easiest system I’ve used so far and the insights have been the most actionable for me.

• Like 3

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge EX 10 - 16.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Titleist 818 H1 - 25

Titleist AP3 6-48

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BRX

I have both the sensors for the end of the grip & the grips with the sensors inside ... I have yet to install either one of them.  I'm having thoughts on what to do.

Do I wait for my irons from Titleist or do I just install the sensors now?  Those of you with the clip, is it any better than what was originally posted?  The early iteration was, from what I understand, not too well received.  I was going to buy the sensor because I hate having the phone in my front pocket.  Also, if you open the app & then you lock your phone (i.e. so you don't butt dial or hit another app), does the app still pick up your shots?  I have my phone requiring you to sign in every time you try to unlock it.  Which I may have to disable, because that would be a pain in the arse every time.  I use the SkyCaddie SX500 for my distances, so I really don't want to have to look at my phone every time.  I would like for it to still sit in the cart, record all my shots, then allow me to look at it AFTER the round.  I'd like it to basically do everything in the background so to speak.  I don't want to know it's doing it's thing.  I would just like to continue to play golf the way I do now but yet still have it register everything so I can analyze it later.  

Make sense?  Anyone else have any insights on this?  I'll probably end up putting the sensors on my existing grips & see what happens. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

I have only used the screw in sensors, but I like them because of their portability from club to club.  I am replacing grips once or twice per season and have changed irons, wedges and other clubs since getting the Arccos sensors.  If you play golf infrequently or change grips every few years then the grips with built in sensors might be preferable.

The Link is far superior in my experience in capturing shots compared to having your phone in your pocket.

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge EX 10 - 16.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Titleist 818 H1 - 25

Titleist AP3 6-48

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BRX

I have the clip and love it. I can’t play with my phone in my pocket. I have only had 1 round out of maybe 20 where the clip missed a couple shots throughout the round,  but it’s easy to go look at your round, go hole by hole, and add shots if necessary. I do make sure nothing is covering the clip, like a pullover. I also make sure it is connected to my phone while I have good service. Sometimes being out on the course, service can go to crap and you might have a hard time connecting that way.

I keep the clip on my left hip and sometimes forget it’s even there. Only small issue I’ve had is if I’m playing 36 in a day, the clip may die towards the end of my 2nd round and I’d have to switch to my phone. 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

On 11/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, golfinnut said:

I have both the sensors for the end of the grip & the grips with the sensors inside ... I have yet to install either one of them.  I'm having thoughts on what to do.

Do I wait for my irons from Titleist or do I just install the sensors now?  Those of you with the clip, is it any better than what was originally posted?  The early iteration was, from what I understand, not too well received.  I was going to buy the sensor because I hate having the phone in my front pocket.  Also, if you open the app & then you lock your phone (i.e. so you don't butt dial or hit another app), does the app still pick up your shots?  I have my phone requiring you to sign in every time you try to unlock it.  Which I may have to disable, because that would be a pain in the arse every time.  I use the SkyCaddie SX500 for my distances, so I really don't want to have to look at my phone every time.  I would like for it to still sit in the cart, record all my shots, then allow me to look at it AFTER the round.  I'd like it to basically do everything in the background so to speak.  I don't want to know it's doing it's thing.  I would just like to continue to play golf the way I do now but yet still have it register everything so I can analyze it later.  

Make sense?  Anyone else have any insights on this?  I'll probably end up putting the sensors on my existing grips & see what happens. 

Answered same question over in the Arccos thread...

As for the caddie, I find it much more convenient than using the phone.  The app will stick up your shots though if you use the phone and lock it, but I still recommend you check it after every hole.  This is regardless of what you use for shot detection...