Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Arccos

JeB

For those of you who’ve tried Arccos and similar products, what have been your results?

Taylormade Sim 9.0

Taylormade sim2 13.5

Srixon z irons

SM8 Vijay wedges (54,58)

Odyssey Double Wide putter

Taylormade TP5

I purchased Arccos at the end of June/early July and I'm a big fan.  It has definitely helped my game for two main reasons - 1. getting accurate distances for my clubs (I've never done a true gapping session and got new P790s last fall) 2. the caddie feature on each shot that tells you the distance, adjusted distance (takes into account elevation change, wind, temperature, altitude, humidity), and recommended club based on your distances.   

I had some issues the first few weeks with the app not picking up shots, but I haven't had a missed shot in 2+ months.  I don't know if it just needs to get acclimated or what, but no issues since then.  The one thing that is not real accurate is the putting.  I usually double check to make sure the putts are accurate after each hole, but I have the app up to see the next hole and it's a quick tap of a +1 on the putts. **They just put out or are putting out an improvement to the putt tracking 

I got the sensors that you screw into the end of your grips.  I did not get the belt clip because from what I've read, it's the first model and a number of people are having issues.  

You do need to keep your phone in your front pocket.  It took me a few rounds to get used to that.  

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch "Hulk"
3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Aldila Ascent Red 
2 Iron: TaylorMade Stealth UDI - LA Golf A Series Hybrid
4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff (1/4" long, 2* upright)
54* & 58* Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5
Putter: Mizuno M Craft I Blue
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

On 10/10/2021 at 8:50 PM, JeB said:

For those of you who’ve tried Arccos and similar products, what have been your results?

What exactly are you looking for in a stat tracking device? Are you just wanting to collect distances and basic stats? Strokes gained analytics? A.I. tools like Arccos Caddie? Is your question directed toward ease of use?

I've used Arccos, Game Golf, and Shot Scope (v2). They all vary in how they present data, their ease of use, and what "assistance" they provide golfers in shooting lower scores.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Ive been using Arccos most of the season. Around 40+ rounds i think. Absolutely love it. Customer support is awesome when sensors fail, not to often. Shot tracking is great. Love that it scores my round for me. Love the stats. It helps show where my week parts of my game were. Its not always where you think it was. I can look back at previous rounds with out digging through a box of old score cards. Its WAY better for pace of play than comparable apps that require you to enter each club etc on the GPS location. I have not used any Arccoss competitors that use club sensors to compare too. 

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

Currently being tested so have a look in the Testers Wanted Section.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

12 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Currently being tested so have a look in the Testers Wanted Section.

Actually under the 'Tests and Review' header. Here's the link to the ARRCOS Sensor Grip review:

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 3 weeks later...

After using the system for a over a year I now have 257 rounds captured by Arccos, 18,700 shots.

What the Arccos system has allowed me to do is get a much clearer picture of my golf game.

What does having a better understanding of your golf game give you?

1.  Now I know realistically how far my clubs go.  I make better club choice selections and hit more greens.

2. Now I know how often I use certain clubs.  I have made changes to my bag based on this.  There were yardage gaps.  A couple clubs needed to have their lofts tweaked.  A couple clubs weren’t being used because I didn’t have confidence in them or they were a poor fit for me and for the course I normally play and were replaced.

3. Knowing what my strengths and weaknesses are and where my lost strokes come from has redefined how I practice and play.  I spent the last year reading Dave Pelz’s Short Game Bible and Putting Bible and putting the new knowledge in to play based on what Arccos showed me I needed to work on.  Putting and Chipping are now my two greatest strengths.

4. Post round reviews and looking at the online dashboard really shows what your tendencies are after a short while of using the sensors.

5.  The Caddie feature is great to use when playing unfamiliar courses or to map out your strategy for playing a course that you want to play better on.

Any type of effort you put into capturing information about your game will give you good insights.  What I like about the Arccos system is that it is the easiest system I’ve used so far and the insights have been the most actionable for me.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

I have both the sensors for the end of the grip & the grips with the sensors inside ... I have yet to install either one of them.  I'm having thoughts on what to do.

Do I wait for my irons from Titleist or do I just install the sensors now?  Those of you with the clip, is it any better than what was originally posted?  The early iteration was, from what I understand, not too well received.  I was going to buy the sensor because I hate having the phone in my front pocket.  Also, if you open the app & then you lock your phone (i.e. so you don't butt dial or hit another app), does the app still pick up your shots?  I have my phone requiring you to sign in every time you try to unlock it.  Which I may have to disable, because that would be a pain in the arse every time.  I use the SkyCaddie SX500 for my distances, so I really don't want to have to look at my phone every time.  I would like for it to still sit in the cart, record all my shots, then allow me to look at it AFTER the round.  I'd like it to basically do everything in the background so to speak.  I don't want to know it's doing it's thing.  I would just like to continue to play golf the way I do now but yet still have it register everything so I can analyze it later.  

Make sense?  Anyone else have any insights on this?  I'll probably end up putting the sensors on my existing grips & see what happens. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I have only used the screw in sensors, but I like them because of their portability from club to club.  I am replacing grips once or twice per season and have changed irons, wedges and other clubs since getting the Arccos sensors.  If you play golf infrequently or change grips every few years then the grips with built in sensors might be preferable.

The Link is far superior in my experience in capturing shots compared to having your phone in your pocket.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

I have the clip and love it. I can’t play with my phone in my pocket. I have only had 1 round out of maybe 20 where the clip missed a couple shots throughout the round,  but it’s easy to go look at your round, go hole by hole, and add shots if necessary. I do make sure nothing is covering the clip, like a pullover. I also make sure it is connected to my phone while I have good service. Sometimes being out on the course, service can go to crap and you might have a hard time connecting that way.

I keep the clip on my left hip and sometimes forget it’s even there. Only small issue I’ve had is if I’m playing 36 in a day, the clip may die towards the end of my 2nd round and I’d have to switch to my phone. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

On 11/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, golfinnut said:

I have both the sensors for the end of the grip & the grips with the sensors inside ... I have yet to install either one of them.  I'm having thoughts on what to do.

Do I wait for my irons from Titleist or do I just install the sensors now?  Those of you with the clip, is it any better than what was originally posted?  The early iteration was, from what I understand, not too well received.  I was going to buy the sensor because I hate having the phone in my front pocket.  Also, if you open the app & then you lock your phone (i.e. so you don't butt dial or hit another app), does the app still pick up your shots?  I have my phone requiring you to sign in every time you try to unlock it.  Which I may have to disable, because that would be a pain in the arse every time.  I use the SkyCaddie SX500 for my distances, so I really don't want to have to look at my phone every time.  I would like for it to still sit in the cart, record all my shots, then allow me to look at it AFTER the round.  I'd like it to basically do everything in the background so to speak.  I don't want to know it's doing it's thing.  I would just like to continue to play golf the way I do now but yet still have it register everything so I can analyze it later.  

Make sense?  Anyone else have any insights on this?  I'll probably end up putting the sensors on my existing grips & see what happens. 

Answered same question over in the Arccos thread...

As for the caddie, I find it much more convenient than using the phone.  The app will stick up your shots though if you use the phone and lock it, but I still recommend you check it after every hole.  This is regardless of what you use for shot detection...

• 7 months later...

Too many missed shots a lot of "pairing" checks before and during rounds.  Sensors about 8 months old and I live in a golf mecca in N.C. have a newer iphone, good internet connectivity. IMHO there is too much dicking around with this platform at times when you need to keep focused on your game. After 18 I should be able to pull my phone in front pocket and compare Arccos and my paper scorecard and see a match match..right? Bot no. You have to add putts and add missed shots every damn hole.  I have the Gen 2 sensors and the upgraded putter sensor. Count me out on this platform.  Back to the note pad for me. BTW no empathy from Arccos on this as well as having grips on my woods with Sensors.  3 months in and I cancelled subscription.

Just a mention if you are looking at Arcoss stats and compiling data I can tell you my stats are all jacked so "garbage in garbage out" as for the data.

Edited by cleve00
Misspelled

I live about 20 miles from Pinehurst and golf at least 36 holes a week, (more if my wife lets me).

WIB:

Ping G425 Max with Ventus Blue TR 6s shaft

Ping G425 Max 5 wood CB Reg shaft

Titleist TSR 7 wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue shaft

Irons- Ping G425 5-PW with KBS Tour Reg shafts

Wedges-Ping Glide 3.0-50*-54* and Ping Glide Pro Forged 59*

Putter- Bettanardi Studio Stock 28

Ball- (Summer-Srixon Z Star)    (Winter- Titleist Trufeel)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever had a round not load into the app and all the data? My last round currently has the “eyeball with line through it” like what you would see beside a password to log onto a site for example. 

it doesn’t appear that the data has loaded because I had a new personal best for 1 putts a new personal best for GIR and a new personal best for longest drive. And they aren’t on the dashboard 

I was a tester for Arccos in 2020. For me there was just too much fussing with it on the course; missed shots, etc.  I have dropped Arccos for a couple of reasons. First was the 'fussing' I mentioned earlier, which distracted me from my game. Secondly was the annual renewal cost; it was just not worth it to me.  I have started using Shot Scope, and have three rounds it with it.  So far I have no complaints.  Shot Scope does not do everything that Arccos is supposed to do, but what it does, it does correctly... again, in my opinion.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

53 minutes ago, Paul Hedrick said:

I was a tester for Arccos in 2020. For me there was just too much fussing with it on the course; missed shots, etc.  I have dropped Arccos for a couple of reasons. First was the 'fussing' I mentioned earlier, which distracted me from my game. Secondly was the annual renewal cost; it was just not worth it to me.  I have started using Shot Scope, and have three rounds it with it.  So far I have no complaints.  Shot Scope does not do everything that Arccos is supposed to do, but what it does, it does correctly... again, in my opinion.

Distraction from my game is the reason I quit using Arccos, and other shot tracking apps.  I play so much better when I just focus on my game rather than fiddling with a device between shots/holes.  I don't even like keeping the scorecard digitally for the group (and, if I can get away with it, I let someone else keep the paper scorecard, as well 🙂 )

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 2 months later...

The screw-in sensors are all I've ever used, but I really enjoy them since they're easy to take with you when you switch venues. Since receiving the Arccos sensors, I've replaced grips once or twice a season and altered irons, wedges, and other clubs. If you just play golf sometimes or replace your grips every few years, grips with built-in sensors may be better.

redactle

Edited by loyaltylog

I really enjoy them. There are testing threads that others have mentioned, there is also an "Arccos user group" section with lots of stuff. Shoutout to @tony@CIC

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 3 weeks later...

Echo a lot of what the users say about loving the product. I have been using Arccos for around 3 seasons now. I still have major issues with the putting. I have also tried using the Link as well as Apple Watch. I flipped from my Garmin to the Apple watch specifically for Arccos and have been very happy. 

The putting issues I simply do not see them resolving. Just something you get in the habit of monitoring hole to hole. The one thing I would LOVE to see is distances to hazards or on course items like the GHIN watch app does. I have actually started tracking my rounds with GHIN and Arccos running. I use Arccos on my phone and keep it on the cart (shot tracking on the watch) but visually use the GHIN app on my watch to track distances to hazards... plus it keeps score for my HCP

:ping-small: G430 LST - Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 XS

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Hybrid 3 & 5 - LA Golf A Series 105 XS

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 5i-AW - :Nippon: 1150 GH XS

:ping-small: - ChipR

:cobra-small: - Black SnakeBite 53 & 57

:scotty-small: - Super Select Golo 6.5

:taylormade-small: TP5x Yellow / :titleist-small: Left Dash / :bridgestone-small:B X / :srixon-small: ZStar 🔹

:Ogio:  

:Arccos: