Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Steadfast Driver Shafts

tschott

I looked to see if there was a topic on these and didn't see anything. I recently received an email from Steadfast offering a shaft, adaptor and grip for $79. Was wondering if anyone has tried their shafts and if so what are your thoughts. I'm currently playing Ping G410 driver with stock Alta shaft. Would love to pick up some yardage as I get older but don't want to lose the accuracy I have now. All suggestions are welcome

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir

49 minutes ago, tschott said:

I looked to see if there was a topic on these and didn't see anything. I recently received an email from Steadfast offering a shaft, adaptor and grip for $79. Was wondering if anyone has tried their shafts and if so what are your thoughts. I'm currently playing Ping G410 driver with stock Alta shaft. Would love to pick up some yardage as I get older but don't want to lose the accuracy I have now. All suggestions are welcome

Couple of topics on those shafts that I linked below   General consensus seems to be that they are mediocre shafts and have have quality issues with their epoxy jobs.   

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/40969-steadfast-golf-driver-shaft/?tab=comments#comment-688362

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/43928-steadfast-golf-customer-service/?tab=comments#comment-746157

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I tried it and returned it.  It was the worst feeling and performing shaft I have ever used.  No shots went straight and it felt like swinging a board.

Here is the email response I got when I asked to return it...

We are sorry to hear that the shaft is not going to work out for you.  We sometimes see these results with people that have good swings, or even great swings already. We've launched with a lower cost shaft that helps golfers that swing down on the ball get off the ground.

Your swing is likely already flat at the bottom like it should be.

We will be coming out with a more professional shaft in the coming months that will likely be more in line with your needs.  

It took a month to get a refund.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

Couple of topics on those shafts that I linked below   General consensus seems to be that they are mediocre shafts and have have quality issues with their epoxy jobs.   

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/40969-steadfast-golf-driver-shaft/?tab=comments#comment-688362

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/43928-steadfast-golf-customer-service/?tab=comments#comment-746157

Thanks appreciate the info

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir

I tried it and didn't find it to be bad performing shaft, but I like stiff/heavy/low torque shafts.  However, I did return it because of the epoxy issues that happened with both shafts I received from them.  The second I just returned for a refund, which they said would be no problem.  Then I never got a refund.  I eventually had to file a claim on my credit card to get my money back.  I would say stay as far away from this company as possible.  

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of this company - decent shaft at a good price. In my mind shafts should be so expensive, but I don't know anything about making shafts. It's just odd that custom shafts cost as much as a driver, but the ones that come with the driver are basically free. Anyway, my experience with Steadfast for anyone that comes across this in the future...

I ordered a two shafts (driver and 3W (Both XFlex). I asked them to tip the driver shaft in my order comments. They did not tip it and shipped it with the adapter on, so now I could not tip it either. When I asked about it, they simply said that they do not cut the shafts. Obviously I was upset that they didn't tell me this prior to shipping the shaft. 

When I received the shaft I took it to a proshop and basically was laughed out of the shop. A few reasons why:

• Bad epoxy job (was dripped everywhere)
  • There was a small gouge in the shaft
  • The shaft felt bumpy and when you look down the shaft it looks and feels bumpy, not smooth. They compared it to a walking stick. 

When I contacted the company they said that I could return it or exchange it. After a couple days I asked for the shipping information and they said that they were waiting for approval from the owner. Then they followed up denying the return/exchange and saying that the lumps were due to the hand wrapping process.  

As for performance - it feels less stiff then my other X-Flex Shafts, and has added about 500RPM of spin, but so far it hasn't broke. However, I don't like how the company handled this at all, especially because the website says that I have 30days to return or exchange it. I wouldn't recommend them. 

So TSCHOTT, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I’d have to agree with other folks posting negative about the Steadfast shafts. 

I hate that I haven’t been back on to update my original posts that CNOSIL linked for you above. 

So here’s the gist. I saw the steadfast shaft review on TXG’s YouTube channel and it got my interest. I tinker building clubs for myself and some local gaggle buddies. I bought the driver shift stiff flex, and glued my own titleist head adapter, etc. For what it was worth, the shaft was pretty close to what they’d advertised it as. Although it wasn’t truly spineless as they said, it did take me awhile to locate shaft spine. It was also very low torque. To this date, it has performed flawlessly! I recently paid $100 for a new driver fitting, as my 917D2 is getting a bit old. The tech ran me through the gambit of shafts, and club heads from various makers, Titleist, Taylormade, Callaway, Ping, Cobra, and shafts up to $399 per shaft, as that was my budget.  Nothing outperformed my 917D2 with this beast of a shaft. I say beast because I prefer a heavy club, and when the young man grabbed my driver to take some preliminary weight and measurements, he had to go ask another tech to verify his readings thinking the scale was out of calibration. I chuckled and told him “F2” and he said “exactly!”  He called my club Thor’s Hammer from then on. I love it because I can swing for the fences and due to the very low torque, my ball goes where I want it to go. Aka, I can work it as needed. 

Now you’re probably saying, “dude, sounds too good to be true!”  Well, I believe I did indeed find the unicorn of a shaft. I ordered it from Steadfast golf when they were located in Missouri. I don’t know if the owner got a divorce and lost half of his mind, but the Steadfast in Florida is completed garbage! Impressed with my driver shaft, a few months later I ordered the 3 wood shaft stiff flex. It arrived and literally had globs of hardened goo all the way down the entire shaft. I immediately emailed the company with pictures of the shaft. It appeared to be made by a local fair’s cotton candy maker and then glossed with a hardener. The lumps were so profuse they’d literally act as a speed brake on an aircraft. No clubhead control, complete junk. Not one response from the company other than that’s the “wrapping process”. My friend, I couldn’t get them to acknowledge my existence after that, I wanted to return it and get a refund. Nothing. I wouldn’t use this POS as a cane fishing pole. 

I don’t know what happened to quality from Missouri to Florida, but something went sideways with Steadfast. When it comes to this company, tell the money in your wallet to “Standfast”. 

91E5A3AF-1A69-47A2-ADFC-5001F221201A.jpeg

917D Driver

917F 3W

TS2 hybrid 19&21 degrees

T300 5i - PW

Cleavland 50, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty fastback 1.5

Snell MTB-X or Pro V1

Well there is one of those guys at every party And I guess it’s me. I recently purchased this driver shaft and I can’t complain. It boosted my distance 15-20 yards. I’m fairly straight off the tee anyway so I have nothing to add on dispersion. I’m a slow swing speed senior and it’s working for me. No visible epoxy issues. The finish is a bit funky, not a fancy paint job like the big boys. I got it on sale for 79 with adaptor and grip. It’s hooked onto a Ping G425. 
Cheers