Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best Golf Grips and why....go!

epicgolfshot

Which golf grip (excluding putter) is your favorite?  

357 members have voted

1. 1. Select your favorite

Went from Green Victory's which were the greatest ever (I won't even debate this because it's facts) to the Golf Pride TV cords to the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2g's and now I am loving the Lamkin Sonar Wrap with Calibrate.  

I don't know how it happened but ten or so years ago I really started loving wrap style grips.  Tour Wraps are nice and the Lamkin's are nicer.  

You can also notice the procession from firm to cord to softer...I am getting older and I like something a little gentler.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I really like the Pure DTX grip.  I like half and full cord grips, but they just tear up my hands.  The Pure DTX grips give me that same feel without torturing my hands.  Even though I'm a golf traditionalist, I like the variety of available colors.  They wear like iron.  I practice and play a lot of golf (90+ rounds per year), and I'm on my third year with the same grips, no wear spots at all!

• Driver:  Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9 degree (Stiff)
  • 4 wood:  Callaway Rogue (Stiff)
  • 7 Wood:  Callaway Rogue (shafted to 5 wood length) (Stiff)
  • 3 hybrid:  Ping G400 (Stiff)
  • Irons:  4-PW Ben Hogan PTxPro Black (+1/2" with soft-stepped stiff shafts)
  • Wedges:  52 and 58 Degree Ben Hogan Equalizer (+1/2" with soft-stepped stiff shafts)
  • Putter:  Still searching for that magic weapon

Bestgrips.com for me.

Leather grips with a tacky feel. I've never had a better grip when it rains or when the humidity gets so high and I sweat through every pore in my body.  I don't wear a glove and these grips are the best I've ever tried.  I have the mid size on my driver and 3-wood and the regulars with 3 additional wraps of double-sided tape on my irons.  2 years and they're still tacky. I wipe them down after every range session or round.  I will admit that they are expensive, but I expect they'll end up going at lease 3 years for me...and maybe 5.

I have tried many grips but I haven't found anything as good as the LAMKIN UTX CORD grips.  They feel a little soft but still give plenty of feedback and the cords and the tacky UTX rubber make it easy to play in humid and wet conditions. They also out last many of the other grips I've tried. 

3 hours ago, Alf. S said:

On my to do list in the off season. Got one in the garage ready to go. This might prompt me to do it this week. 

Which one did you select?  I prefer the X-Evolution, but got the Sticky when I tested the Titleist irons LAST year.  So here we are, almost two full seasons later, and they still live up to their name, Sticky.  I did the rest of my clubs the year before that.

2 hours ago, epicgolfshot said:

from what Im told they can guarantee the feel (tackiness) of the grip for life!

I won't guarantee anything, but they certainly work for me.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

My favorite grip all time is the Lamkin G3 Quarter Cord. They came in standard and mid size. What I liked most about the grips was the it was a 1/4 cord design. only the underside of the butt end of the grip was cord, the rest was not. The benefit of this design is that my golf glove lasted about twice as long as when I used grips like the MMC from Golf Pride. With those grips the butt end is cord, top and underside, and while the perform well they wear out my glove fast. The cord wears out the palm section of the glove too fast. Unfortunitely the G# Quarter Cord is no long being sold, so I have to make due with I can find. 

I like the MMC grips except for the high price tag. I've been using Black Widow grips for over 10 years and have ZERO complaints with the grips. They feel good in my hands and last as long as the top name brands, only cost a lot less when I get them from HIREKO when they go on sale. To save on shipping I purchase 3 dozen of them in black and 3 more in white. Turns out I like the white grips better as they do NOT turn my white glove grey after a few practice sessions. If I hit a large bucket of range balls (144balls)  with a new white glove using any of the top name grips, the black grips turn my glove grey. So for now on I'll be buying only white grips

The grips I like the LEAST are Winn and Tacy Mac. The two Winn grips I tried were made of leather and both of them wore out in less than a week of practice. Plus you have to be careful how you clean Winn grips them NOT being rubber, which you can wash with hot soapy water. Can't do that with Winn grips

The reason I hate Tacymac grips is because I hate a grip that is tacky in my hands. I want a grip that stays put in my hands, but NOT sticky feeling. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

48 minutes ago, Saturday Morning Sherpa said:

Just my opinion - I recommend Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack.  Long lasting and easy to restore with a wipe.

I agree with Sherpa. Super Tac’s last forever and can be a little smaller for those of us that don’t like oversized. Golf Pride multi-compounds are really really good as well. 

GLFWLKR

I have used Winn DriTac Wrap grips for several years.  People in the industry (e.g., my Head Pro) have said that Winn grips are not good in the rain.  I have NEVER had the Winn DriTac Wraps slip in the rain or if my hands sweat in the heat.  In the past I have used Golf Pride and Lamkin, but none of the other brands listed in this thread.  No reason to change as I am really happy with my current grips.

GolfPride snob here, driver to putter, with great feel and performance.  They last if taken care of: a little soap, water and a towel increases their life and keeps them soft.  If you truly want the best, you deserve GolfPride.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I've tried several grips and even different sized grips because I like to experiment. I haven't found anything I like even close to the GP CP2 wraps. They have the perfect amount of tackiness, they work well in the rain, and they are very comfortable even with my hands having a slight bit of arthritis. My only complaint is the weight of these. The Jumbos are 81 grams and the Mids are 63. My clubs are an inch longer than standard because on my height, but grips this heavy can easily take your swingweight back considerably.  By adding 4g of grip weight, the swingweight of a club is decreased by one swingweight point, and by increasing the length of the golf shaft by one-half inch, the swingweight will be increased by three swingweight points. So my clubs go up 6 points for length, but because I have grips that weigh 81 gr vs say a Winn Dri-Tac WRAP Oversize Grip that weighs 50 gr, I loose (31 grams additional grip weight) almost 8 swing weight points back, or 2 total.

PDW_LOGO_SML.png.befadb4d9b7e9ff83a65acb4f6c62bc5.png

3 hours ago, Alf. S said:

I change my grips pretty much every season and tend to try before I buy. SO I will get a couple of grips and re-grip my 6i and play with it for a month or 2 and decide if I stay or change.

Couple of years ago I tried Winn DriTac normal and the Lite and really liked the normal grip, I've subsequently moved to the less taper version that was released this year, why?

Pros

1. They are soft feel and comfortable in my hands
  2. Give good grip on the club (most of the time)
  3. Aesthetically a wide choice of colours to match my head covers/bag
  4. Relatively good wearing

Cons

1. On the occasion that we get rain and the grips get wet they seem to be slippier than MC4+ or Lamkin Crossline.
    1. I use washing up liquid to clean the grips and I think this was getting trapped in the grips.
    2. I have now started to use a pair of rain gloves that have sorted the problem
  2. If I re-grip a club and the old grip is still in good condition, I try to save the grip. With the DriTac forget it, it pretty much rips apart.
    1. We have 3 golfers in the house so they can get my cast offs, if and when required 

I am similar to Alf S. 

I change my grips every off season. I usually do it myself because I enjoy doing it. It is a fun winter activity to connect with my clubs and get me excited.

I used to be a GP guy, then I went hard for Lamkin for many years. The downside to Lamkin is that they seemed to get very slick when they are worn. I switched to Winn Dritac 2 years ago because a friend had them and liked them, so I gave them a try on my fairways first. The old Winn's from 20 or so years ago seemed to wear out quickly. That is not true of the DriTac. I have the same "Pros" as above. I have not had the wet condition "Cons" though. Mine have been fine in rain. I do use rain gloves. They are a softer feeling grip. I happen to like that now (not always) and I can play round after round without any hand problems. This is important because I take several golf trips a year where I will play up to 8 days in a row. I have to say that I am a strong Winn convert now and for anytime in the near future. I do like having a color other than black too.

:ping-small: G400 Max driver,  Alta CB shaft R

:callaway-small: heavenwood

:cobra-small: Hybrids - 3 and 4 set to different settings depending on course. Sometimes a Taylormade 4

Maltby STi2 irons 5-GW, Fujikura Shaft

:vokey-small: 54, 58

:taylormade-small: Ardmore 3 putter

I use GolfPride's MCC+4.  They provide a great balance between tackiness, feel and durability.  By using the +4's and an extra wrap of tape I've all but eliminated my left miss.  I think getting the right size grip is more important than brand.  Grips too big or too small will wear out quicker and impact your game.

WITB

Driver:    :titelist-small: Titleist TSi3 w/ HZRDUS RDX Black6.0, A1 setting

Fairway:  :titelist-small:  Titleist TSi3 15* with HZRDUS RDX Black 6.0, 1/2 short, A4 setting

Fairway:  :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW, 19* with HZRDUS RDX Black

Irons:.   :taylormade-small: Taylor Made P790 4-9 with KBS Tour Flt 120 Stiff shaft

Wedges:.   :vokey-small:Titleist Vokey SM9, 50, 56 with KBS Tour stiff shaft

Wedges:.   :vokey-small:Titleist Vokey SM7, 60* with Tour Flt stiff shaft

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Odyssey Ten mallet

Ball:.  :titelist-small:  Titleist Left Dash Pro V1x

Grips:. Golf Pride MCC+4, 3 wraps

I prefer Lamkin Crossline Cord.  For my recent purchase of two Mizuno wedges, they said the Lamkins would take a long time and suggested the Golf Pride full cord.  I don't like those nearly as much and they will be replaced next year.  I've also tried other grips, but I always come back to the Lamkin cords.

5 hours ago, epicgolfshot said:

Ive had some really bad experiences with grips (z-cord literally shredded by palm) and wanted to get peoples feedback on the grips they use and why?

I started using Pure Grips, DTX model - they’re full rubber, have sensational grip, and can be cleaned with soap/water and look/feel new.

*Disclaimer:  I live in Arizona, play 120+ rounds of golf annually, and have oily skin/sweat heavily in the summer. I normally go through 2 sets of grips/year between rounds and range time, but had been gaming the same set for over a year; I just replaced them recently because a new, obnoxious color came out and I wanted to be…obnoxious.   The only downside I’ve found so far is that due to it being 100% rubber, the Arccos screw-ins can fall out mid-swing; nothing a little electrical tape can’t fix!

18364D9F-DD92-434A-A57C-B0A1E116D34E.jpeg

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°, UST Lin-Q Purple 7F5 1” tipped

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Titanium Rocket 13.5°, UST Lin-Q Purple 7F5

2 Iron:  :callaway-small: X Forged UT 18°, Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

4-PW:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB irons, DG Tour Issue x100 +1” 2° flat

Wedges:  :mizuno-small: T20, KBS Wedge shaft, 50°/54°/58°

Putter:  Toulon Atlanta, Stroke Lab Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1x Optic Yellow

Bag:  :Ogio: 2021 Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag

Shot Tracking:  :Arccos:

Golf pride Tour Velvet Plus 4. Best feel and tackiness. Love them!

Callaway Rogue Driver 10.5 Aldila Synergy 50 A Flex

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood Aldila NVS 55R (old school)

Callaway Mavrik Max 4 Hybrid Project X 55 5.0

Callaway Mavrik Max Irons 5-PW Project X 55 5.0

Vokey SM8 Wedge 56 10S

Ping Sigma 2 Arna Putter 35 inch

i've gamed lamkin crossline grips forever...i've tried every grip there is and nothing feels or is more durable than the lamkin crosslines..an affordable tried and true grip with a great reputation around golf forever.

WITB

taylormade m4 driver, aeroburner 3wood, m2 5wood & aeroburner 4hybrid - ping ie1 irons & glide wedges

boccieri q2l putter = srixon z-star ball

Always been a Winn grip person. Been stationed all around the world, and they just work in all conditions. Here in Georgia, the humidity is ridiculous. I can’t hold onto a lamkin or golf pride, but zero issues with the Winns, and I can keep a nice light grip. Finally, my hand eats the grip, not the grip eating my hands. Just perfection. 

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

5 minutes ago, ryno_wineo said:

I started using Pure Grips, DTX model - they’re full rubber, have sensational grip, and can be cleaned with soap/water and look/feel new.

*Disclaimer:  I live in Arizona, play 120+ rounds of golf annually, and have oily skin/sweat heavily in the summer. I normally go through 2 sets of grips/year between rounds and range time, but had been gaming the same set for over a year; I just replaced them recently because a new, obnoxious color came out and I wanted to be…obnoxious.   The only downside I’ve found so far is that due to it being 100% rubber, the Arccos screw-ins can fall out mid-swing; nothing a little electrical tape can’t fix!

18364D9F-DD92-434A-A57C-B0A1E116D34E.jpeg

Wow!!  They are..... obnoxious!  Congratulations!!  Next time I'm in Phoenix, I will certainly know who's swinging these if I see them.

I've been playing the Pure DTX ever since they came out, and in the summer it can get nearly as hot as Phoenix; just doesn't last as long.  They are a winner for me.  My wife prefers the Pure Wrap.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

To be perfectly honest, I regripped my clubs for the first time in many years over the past winter. I bought a pack of Karma grips from Amazon in bright orange for around $50 Canadian and did it myself. 

I wanted to experiment without breaking my bank account and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by how well they have held up over the 15 or so rounds I've been lucky enough to play this year. I expect to get at least another season out of them. 

They feel better to me than the old GP tour velvets, that said, the GPs were probably 10 years and at least 100 rounds old so that's not saying much. The Karmas seem to do pretty well wet or dry, not squishy or overly tacky, just the perfect feel for me. 

I just wanted a consistent feel across the whole set. I was sick of having different grips on one off clubs like my woods and wedges.

Maybe when I'm a little wealthier I'll splurge on something a little more expensive, but for my buck, the Karmas are an excellent choice.

IMG_20210619_095914.jpg

Fore!

4 minutes ago, dbroz300 said:

i've gamed lamkin crossline grips forever...i've tried every grip there is and nothing feels or is more durable than the lamkin crosslines..an affordable tried and true grip with a great reputation around golf forever.

I'm with you. The midsized feels great in my large, pre-arthritic hands. I like the the classic look, and the durability. A couple of wipes while cleaning the clubs regains a lot of grip. 

I must say that I was surprised to keep reading about how long lasting IOmic grips are. I put one one a 5-iron I build up for the winter, and by spring it was worn slick. I couldn't use it with any moisture in the air. 

I acquired a set of NOS MP-60s this summer that had brand new GP Tour Wraps on them. I must say that I really like them and they have worn incredibly well. I hit a LOT of balls over the past 18 months, and was wearing through grips quickly. Leather Grip Masters were the only other grip I've found that wear as well as the Tour Wraps. Rally nice feel too.

But ... they are absolutely useless in the rain. The transform instantly from tacky and grippy to smooth and slick.  Does anyone know of a Tour Wrap type grip that works well in the rain?

Edited by TooSteep

Mizuno ST-200 Driver

Srixon 4w

Ping 425 19* hybrid

Srixon zx utilty 3,4

Mizuno MP-60 Cut Muscle 6-pw

Vokey SM8 50,54,58

Wilson putter

I switched to the Winn Tour wrap a few years ago and love them. I no longer feel like I need a death grip to control the club. They a tacky and soft  but still provide good feedback. I replace them ever year

Family, old cars or bikes and GOLF