Best Golf Grips and why....go!

Which golf grip (excluding putter) is your favorite?  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Select your favorite

2 hours ago, KVAN26 said:

To be perfectly honest, I regripped my clubs for the first time in many years over the past winter. I bought a pack of Karma grips from Amazon in bright orange for around $50 Canadian and did it myself. 

I wanted to experiment without breaking my bank account and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by how well they have held up over the 15 or so rounds I've been lucky enough to play this year. I expect to get at least another season out of them. 

They feel better to me than the old GP tour velvets, that said, the GPs were probably 10 years and at least 100 rounds old so that's not saying much. The Karmas seem to do pretty well wet or dry, not squishy or overly tacky, just the perfect feel for me. 

I just wanted a consistent feel across the whole set. I was sick of having different grips on one off clubs like my woods and wedges.

Maybe when I'm a little wealthier I'll splurge on something a little more expensive, but for my buck, the Karmas are an excellent choice.

IMG_20210619_095914.jpg

Totally agree!!! Karma grips are as good as any and very affordable. Sizes and colors are available as well. If you haven't tried them, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

I'm a big fan of PURE DTX.  I use air to put them on, with my specific wraps of blue/painter's tape underneath.  I do a quick cleaning a few times a year.  If I'm feeling a different color, takes no more than 20 seconds to blow the one off and blow the next one on. 

I went to GP full corded Z grip align this season on my set. The align is the best aid you can get if you wanna feel where the club face is in your grip. The full cord was a upgrade I’ve been looking for. I can play with or without a glove without issues. These grips will be on my set for as long as I can find them. I play midsize but they play thinner than other midsize’s I’ve used. All in all, a great set of grips if you’re looking for a full cord and constant feedback. 

Golf Pride Tour Wrap for me.  I love the way they look and love the way that they feel.  They may not have the best performance in the wet but I dont play in the rain much anyways.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I've been playing MCC +4 midsize for the last several years and In like how much they've improved since their launch. I used Tour Velvet for years, which were a good value but their durability was low. When I first got my irons I had Lamkin grips on them, can't remember which style but I liked those too. If I switched from the MCC I would probably go back to the Lamkin.

Take Dead Aim

I've used Golf Pride mid-size Tour Wraps white for a long time. They last along time, a little soapy water and they feel like new. The white color really shows up around the green. I recently had a fitting and opted for the Golf Pride CP2 Wraps. I'm really enjoying the reduced taper, especially on choke-down shots. I haven't had them long enough to see how they wear. If it matters I don't wear a glove. 

I’ve been regripping with the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips. I have some arthritis so they feel a little softer but not squishy. They stay tacky in most all weather conditions, clean very easily and last a long time. I play100 plus rounds per year and don’t have to change them yearly. 

I play 100+ rounds a year and change the grips every year, usually over the winter/early spring.

The corded grips rip my hands to shreds, probably due to the number of rounds I play, plus in Colorado with the low humidity my hands stay pretty dry and the texture of the cord just wears my hands out.

I've played the DriTac grips, like the feel - but they wear out too fast.

I stumbled across SuperStroke Traxion Wrap grips and couldn't be happier.  Been playing them for the past 2 seasons now.  Grips are really comfortable and have a soft tacky feel to them.  Best part is you can get them for $5.99 each!  Now that's a steal.  https://superstrokeusa.com/shop/traxion-wrap-club-grip/

Best part is PGA Tour Superstore sells them locally, so I can have the instant gratification.  Give them a shot, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

-- P.J.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Max Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3hybrid
:taylormade-small: M6 irons (4-GW)
:mizuno-small: MP-T7 wedges
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:Snell: "MTB-X" Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 3.5+ Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

I use Karma golf grips. 2 sets per year. I play and practice a lot. The grips are cheap, $2.19 on Amazon. Good as any. Try em you'll be as happy as I am. They play well and are just great.

• Like 1

I started using the Iomic 2.1’s but for the price point tried No1 Series 50.  Absolutely love them but they are had to get and many don’t carry them.  Also they are expensive and I’ve seen over the past year they seem to be wearing out quicker than previous models.  Don’t know if it was a bad batch or maybe they have gone with cheaper materials to save costs?  Either way, with the price point I just saw the Best Grip Microperf and also made in the USA.  Also was looking at The Grip Master grips.  I’ve been playing more in the summer and work days have gotten longer and longer, even when starting at 6am.  So my rounds have been starting later and later and it’s hotter.  My hands have been sweating more and that also could be the reason for more wear on the No1 Series 50.  But it’s got me looking into these 2 brands for their leather grips that help when they get wet.  I use gloves but go through them like crazy.  I bring 4 or 5 when I’m having a practice session hitting 150 range balls and these grips seems like they could really help.  My hands wouldn’t slip as much and I’ve heard they last a long time.  Will certainly take a look as I will need to regrip my entire bag and backup bags soon.  

• Like 1

Driver- Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS - AutoFlex SF505XX

3 wood- Sim2 Ti- Ventus Red 7X

3i- Titleist U505- Ventus Blue 9X

4i- PXG Gen2 driving iron- MMT105TX

5-PW- PXG Gen3 combo (5-6 Players, 7-PW Tour) MMT 105TX

GW- Bettinardi HLX 3.0

SW- Bettinardi HLX 3.0

LW- Titleist SM8

Putter- Odyssey EXO 7- Stability Tour Shaft

I am late to this topic, but here is my 0.02 (+0.02)

GP Tour Velvet 58 with three wraps under the lower hand, 6 wraps down the rest of the grip. I have used this for maybe 20 years? Now GP has their MCC+4 that follows a similar ideology. I have tried the Tour Velvet Midsize and have them on 2 sets of irons, and all my wedges (not the PW). I find that I get 1-2 years worth of wear before they need replacing with my preferred schedule of 2 days on the range, 3 days in the short game area, 2-3 rounds a week, don't ask about putting drills/practice (6 days a week, 7 if the wife is out of town).  I do have a complete set of clubs at the snow bird residence. I am a mid-classic collector of clubs from my past, Apex II, Mac Muirfield, All the DCI blades (cast! sacrilege!) 1997 Tour Model Titleist, Drivers from Pro Trajectory 8.5, 13, 17, J's Professional Weapon 9.5, 15 *.  R7, TP510, Super Deep, to 905R, 910 D3, 913 D3, 915 D3 & D4. None of my persimmons survived winter play in the NW. I could go on, but you get the idea.

• Like 1

I have used Golf Pride Tour Velvet Mid for almost everything.  These suit me the best and I have tried many others.

• Like 2

WIMyB

Nike Vapor Fly driver 

Nike Covert Tour 3Wood

Titleist 913 5Wood

Titleist 915 7Wood

Mizuno MP-64 4i-PW

Mizuno T-4 50 and 54 Wedges

Callaway Mack Daddy forged 58

Odyssey Stroke Labs Double Wide

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have difficulty with thin grips. I use Black Huon Arthritic grips jumbo with 5 papers. They are very grippy,  but they allow me to play. 

• Like 1

Steve R 

Canberra AUS

I can’t remember which model they were, but Lamkin made grips that were identical to Iomic super tacky ones. They had great cushion and had the BEST tackiness, but discontinued them a few years back. I currently play the ST+2 Hybrid  Calibrate and I really like them. I can’t stand any cord in a grip, so these are about as close of a feel as I’d get to that. Still some cushion, and has some pretty good tack for the very humid conditions here.

https://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/st-hybrid-calibrate/

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I've been using Pure grips for close to 10 years now. I first tried them because they were less expensive (I still haven't paid more than $7.50 a grip although I haven't had to buy any in about 3 years), they were made to blow on (I replace them myself and was fascinated by the concept), and they are produced in the USA (that's not a hard-fast rule, but I like to when I can).

I've been very happy with their longevity (they last me for years and I typically replace them when I finally see wear even though they still seem as tacky as new), I can blow on a new grip in minutes AND use the club immediately, and I've never had one twist or move on me (I once had a 105mph swing speed, but now I'm <100). So are they the "best"? No clue; there's waaaay too much subjectivity for any product/service to really be the "best". But they're certainly my favorite! I've only had one grip in my lifetime that I hated, a Winn grip that came on a club that shredded within months. But I've yet to find a grip that I like as much or better without paying much more. 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 65R shaft

:callaway-small:XR 5 Wood Fairway w/stock Project X Stiff shaft

:tour-edge: EXS220 3 & 4 Hybrid w/KBS TGI Tour Graphite Reg shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54 & 58 deg wedge

Putter in flux!!!

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I can’t remember which model they were, but Lamkin made grips that were identical to Iomic super tacky ones. They had great cushion and had the BEST tackiness, but discontinued them a few years back. I currently play the ST+2 Hybrid  Calibrate and I really like them. I can’t stand any cord in a grip, so these are about as close of a feel as I’d get to that. Still some cushion, and has some pretty good tack for the very humid conditions here.

https://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/st-hybrid-calibrate/

Would you be talking about the Lamkin iLine grips?

Humid conditions is a large part of why I switched to leather.  I've got my own personal furnace 🤔, so when the temps get up and the dewpoint is 60* or 70*+, some grips can be problematic.  

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

Lamkin UTx for me have always given the best all-around performance with comfort for the conditions I play in. I'm a huge fan of the midsized version.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb