Best Golf Grips and why....go!

Which golf grip (excluding putter) is your favorite?  

337 members have voted

1. 1. Select your favorite

I love Winn Dri-Tac LT … I feel like I use a lighter grip pressure.

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

Ok, so here's my little secret.  When my grips started smoothing out and showing cord fibers, I came up with an idea that has worked out great.  I simply take tennis overgrips that you'd use on a racket and wrap them on over the existing worn grips.  It gives each club a fresh and clean look that stays tacky and pliable for about two years of fairly constant use.  Think of it as a retread for a golf grip.   When they get old, I'll either remove a layer, or roll new ones on over the original grip or overgrips to build the handle to about midsize.  I cannot believe how gummy and soft they are, and how this helps with with accuracy and confidence.  I've also quit wearing a glove as a result.  These can be purchased online for about $1 each if you buy in bulk.  I'm  sold on these, and see no reason to replace the original grip, when only a small percentage of it has become unusable.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 9:09 PM, Golfnut0226 said:

Golf Pride CP2 Pro, just a good solid feel in the hands. There isn't a cord grip made that I like.

My gamer as well.  Excellent blend between soft & firm.  Soft, without feeling as though they might twist under load.  Love 'em.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X+ - Hzrdus Yellow S 60g
Fairway Woods: Callaway Mavrik 4-wood Project X - Cobra King 5-6 wood - Onam 
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 23 deg
Irons 4-GW: PXG 0311 P Gen 2 - TT Elevate Tour Stiff
Wedges: PXG 0311 Forged 50 deg - Mizuno S18 Gun Metal in 56 & 60 deg
Putter: Evnroll ER7B - Murdered-Out - Gravity Grip

On 10/14/2021 at 5:04 PM, NC Golfer said:

Are they similar to Tour velvet? My favorites are Lamkin gray 360's or Sonar+.  Bought a new iron set with Tour velvets. They are average. 

Yes very similar and for the money go with Karmax. They are a players grip at a hackers price range.

It tis the season to regrip, put a new Iomic iX SA 2.0 Grip on my AW to try it out and I'm afraid I didn't like it. I found it a bit hard and not as sticky as I thought it would be going back to the Winn Dri Tac. 

• Like 1

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

The GolfPride Microsuede is my choice. I used to play the Tour Wrap 2G, but they can get a bit slick when it's damp. The Microsuede is basically a scuffed up 2G...same soft feel, but better traction when it's damp. 

Not as good as a corded grip in the rain, but with rain gloves, it's fine.

Went from Winn to Superstroke Cross Comfort, and wanted something that would last longer and perform to where the club wouldn't slip..FOUND IT! Lamkin Sonar+. Excellent feel, solid grip...just feels great. Put them on all my clubs in September and very happy with them. Too soon so see how they wear, but the materials appear to show I should get two season from these grips.

• Like 1

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G400 Max Driver 10.5° w/Diamona S+ LTD Blue-Board 70 R Flex

Ping G410 5 Fairway Wood Mitsubishi Tensi Orange R Flex

Ping G410 4-5-6 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi Blue R Flex

Ping i500 Irons 5-U w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex (power-spec lofts)

Ping 3.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex

2019 Bettinardi QB6 and 2021 Ping Fetch Putter (depends on the greens)

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Mid-Size Grips

The Gripmaster kangaroo leather grips.  Expensive but IMHO well worth it.  Installed them on all clubs, barring putter, early 2017, and still tacky.  They tend to wear in not out.  Here in central east coast of Florida, need the tack in the summer months, and I play well over 100 rounds a year.  Can be installed with tape or air compressor, I've done both.  Next to MIZUNO irons, the best investment I've made golf wise.  Will answer any questions anyone might have.

• Like 1

It’s gotta be Pure Wraps for me, but they won’t wear out.  A little warm soapy water and a good bristle brush and you have new sticky grips.

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

I can't remember if I ever posted on this, but my favorite is pure leather wrap. Very expensive, but I had that on my college clubs. Always tacky, especially for a guy at the time that didn't wear gloves, and I have sweaty hands. When I got rid of those clubs, I pretty much anything that was full cord. I tried old Lamkin, but they felt like they melted in my hands years ago. Now, I'm not sure, but still miss my leather, but also unwilling to pay for them.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 6.3 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small: R11 9 degree turned 1 degree lower (Bought since it was on sale at Dick's)

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small: GBB Epic 15 degree (only club newer than 5 years in the bag)

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot XG SRT (bought because I won credit for a long drive in 2010)

I like playing without a golf glove so the best grips for me are Winn grips. Next season I will be putting Winn Dri-tac 2.0 on my clubs. They allow me to grip the club without a golf glove in most any weather. I like the feel of them and they are not hard as they have a little give to them. 

Golfnut

I'll usually go for stock grips when buying clubs.

If I have to replace them, whatever is on sale, but usually score a deal on GP MCC.

I stay away from Winn on irons/woods, my hands are rough and the grips barely make it through their 1st season. For putters they are alright.

Only heard good things about Iomic, but never tried them myself.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

This year I went to the Jumbo Max golf grips, STR8 Tech Tour Series. I use the medium size and I love them. They have helped me stay more stable with my hands when making contact.

Taylormade P760 Irons

Ping 4/5 Wood

TSi 3 Driver

Cleveland ZipCore Wedges

Even Roll ER2 Putter

New irons and wedges are coming with Pure DTX in green. I'm excited with them. The feel of them is just nice for me and I've been thinking of going for them in a big way and this is the time. Likely when I get new woods at the end of 2022 and set the bag for the next 5 years, I'll be in Pure's again, but for now it's Tour Velvets on those.

• Like 1

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

• 2 weeks later...

Pure midsize wraps. The GP 2G wraps can be a bit slick (as previously mentioned above), but have never had that issue with the Pure wraps. They appear a bit duller in color, so maybe it’s a material difference a something, but they do not slip ever.