TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bye Bye Driver

The driver used to be the best club in my bag by far. Never had to worry about it always solid but yes it wasn’t perfect but I knew where the ball would be. 

Now I know where its going (dead left major hook) about 150 yards. Every once in while I can crack it like the good old days (3 years ago) and I think ok its coming back, then back to 150  hooking further left. Ive been to a few different lessons with different instructors trying to find something that would click. One guy said “your close” another said drop your right shoulder more (HUGE MISTAKE) and another said half swing it. I do not want to half swing it, I want a nice full smooth swing that goes somewhere in the vicinity I am aimed. 

Couple questions:

Do I scrap this driver for something else?

Do I just try and keep working it? It’s going on 3 years of this BS

Or doI just keep hitting my irons off the tee? I had a hard time with a 3 wood as well and sold it. 

I have tried other drivers and nothing seems to be the answer. Maybe I’m  just venting or need some sole searching. 

Have a great day on the course. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

^ all that

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I was in your same boat. I made things worse by tinkering and now am just focused on one setup and working on my swing. For me I was super heel despite playing a 44.5” driver. 

where are you hitting the face? I believe you are toe side and closed face, which happens to me as well. Be patient with lessons or swing changes. I have been working on mine for a year now independently and slowly seeing results with the driver. 

Another thing to try, this isn’t for everyone, but try to hit the opposite shot. A push fade. Learn how to control the face and your path to create these shots. Your brain will then start to calibrate. I did this a lot with my irons during the season and once my swing work goes another 3-5 months, will get back to those thoughts. A lot of this I got from Adam young and some swing mechanics from Monte S. Keep grinding. Golf is tough. Or come play a round with me, I’ll make you feel like a plus handicap based on my game 😝

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Interesting variation on a thread that  @GolfSpy MPR had going recently - however the difference was that his 3 wood was working for him. You might want to send him a DM to see how he resolved it. Maybe it's lessons or maybe you just go down to a 5 wood (since you're 3 wood isn't working) or even a 19* hybrid. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

150 yard pulls are generally swing issues. Over the top with a closed face or too far from inside and flip the hands hard from being stuck. Both come from bad sequencing of the swing.

Could be equipment related too if there was a drastic change like mentioned above.

Half swings are a good way to start fixing issues. If you can’t hit a good shot with half swing you aren’t going to be able to do it with a full swing.

Seeing video of a swing would help too

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I see “lessons” being mentioned a lot. My first inclination is to get fit for the correct driver shaft. I have found the best immediate change was a shaft. I tried several, spending foolishly, and found a fitting with a launch monitor session found the best fit to help correct my accuracy and now have complete confidence in my driver.
 As Arnie always said “swing your swing” , so use equipment that fits that swing. Not discounting lessons but my first step would be a shaft fitting as a less expensive and time consuming option , you’d probably be surprised what you find.

I highly recommend fittings as I played for 20 years with wrongly fitted irons, even after an initial casual professional fitting years before launch monitors were common place and just now have a correctly fit iron set. What a difference it makes!

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD 4J Prototype / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

8 minutes ago, Motoboss said:

I see “lessons” being mentioned a lot. My first inclination is to get fit for the correct driver shaft. I have found the best immediate change was a shaft.

That is why I asked if he changed drivers 3 years ago when this issue started.   Fitting can be important; I personally would look at head first since it has the largest influence on spin.  My experience in doing most wanted testing is that for me low spinning heads result in low spin snap hooks and shaft changes really don’t really help get viable on course results.  I also need to change my swing dynamics.  

we can make all sorts of guesses,  but in my opinion there is too much information missing to make a meaningful suggestion.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

If it's the only problem club, put it away for a while.  I've done this.....and I am always surprised how quickly it makes it back into the bag.  First, only on wide open fairways....then more frequently.  Not saying all the other advice isn't spot on, but sometimes things can just get in your head.

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

32 minutes ago, Motoboss said:

I see “lessons” being mentioned a lot. My first inclination is to get fit for the correct driver shaft. I have found the best immediate change was a shaft. I tried several, spending foolishly, and found a fitting with a launch monitor session found the best fit to help correct my accuracy and now have complete confidence in my driver.
 As Arnie always said “swing your swing” , so use equipment that fits that swing. Not discounting lessons but my first step would be a shaft fitting as a less expensive and time consuming option , you’d probably be surprised what you find.

I highly recommend fittings as I played for 20 years with wrongly fitted irons, even after an initial casual professional fitting years before launch monitors were common place and just now have a correctly fit iron set. What a difference it makes!

It’s going to be the head much more than the shaft unless he is in a shaft that is on the extreme of weight or flex but unless he changed drivers or had some significant event that drastically changed his swing it’s a swing issue and not an equipment issue.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

@JFish350, keep us tuned in to how you resolve this. It'll be good info for many of us. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

What happened 3 years ago?  New driver?  Tried to change your swing?  Just random happening?  
how long did you stick with those instructors?  Were you hitting the driver better during the lessons and then struggled to reproduce during practice?  

why are you opposed to starting with a half swing?  Just isn’t how golfers played?  Not willing to do intermediate steps to get to the longer range goal? 

Just an initial guess would be that you have a swing issue and need to take lessons to figure it out.  A new driver isn’t going to magically fix a swing issue.  you are describing what I believe is a pull hook,  ball starts left and then hooks.   Do you understand the ball flight laws and what causes this shot shape?  This is where launch monitors help, you face is obviously closed since it starts left.  The next question is what is the path so you determine if you have an in to out or out to in path.  If you don’t want to go the lesson route. You could try to fix by exaggerating and  trying to hit push slices?  Then working your way back to getting the desired ball flight.  

I’ll try and answer and my answers make sense. 

you are correct in your assessment of the pull hook. I haven’t noticed the club face being closed but I will absolutely pay More attention to that aspect. 

For the first 3 questions. Nothing happened “ie” injury, swing change etc. I was happy  where game was and the direction it was going. I was hoping to get to single digit hdcp by the end of that season. Maybe to much pressure on myself. 

I did notice I was starting to get more of a draw than normal but still in the fairway or 1st cut. This was the first time I went to get a lesson. Instructor said I needed to lean back or have my right shoulder lower and try to push the ball right. By the end of that session I couldn’t hit anything. I never went back to that person. Took me about a month of practice 3-4 times a week and 2-3 rounds to get back to where I was before that lesson. Needless to say my driver has been a constant battle ever since. 
I also went to Golf tec. Of the 10 lessons we /I hit a driver less than 10 swings and that was reason I went in. Actually changed coaches and still came out worse as my iron play suffered which I didn’t have an issue with. I’m not trying to get to a scratch golf at least not in the short or mid term goals. I may never get there and that’s fine as long I feel like I’m playing ok. 

I'm not opposed to half swings. I do ok with them and then move to more full strength. This works for a week or so then it’s back to the pull hook. 

I guess I get frustrated as I can hit my 4 iron and 1 iron further than my driver. I also am longer with those two clubs then guys I play with. I did play a couple rounds with my Freind who’s brother in law is a scratch golfer. I had a really good day with the driver (just like old times) and was out driving him by 10 plus yards. 

I have tried to a small degree to hit fades and slice. As i think about that seemed to help. I’ll try those steps ( club face & fades) and see what happens. 

i should add that I do hit the ball on the toe of the club. I do know that causes a left bias ball flight. That’s something I have been working on for a very long time like 10 plus years long. 

thanks for the tips I really do appreciate them. 

Edited by JFish350

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

3 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I was in your same boat. I made things worse by tinkering and now am just focused on one setup and working on my swing. For me I was super heel despite playing a 44.5” driver. 

where are you hitting the face? I believe you are toe side and closed face, which happens to me as well. Be patient with lessons or swing changes. I have been working on mine for a year now independently and slowly seeing results with the driver. 

Another thing to try, this isn’t for everyone, but try to hit the opposite shot. A push fade. Learn how to control the face and your path to create these shots. Your brain will then start to calibrate. I did this a lot with my irons during the season and once my swing work goes another 3-5 months, will get back to those thoughts. A lot of this I got from Adam young and some swing mechanics from Monte S. Keep grinding. Golf is tough. Or come play a round with me, I’ll make you feel like a plus handicap based on my game 😝

We do need to get out some time it’s like we don’t live close to each other.  That said football season has me busy and we are about to loose 20-30 more officials on the 18th. Whole other topic there. 

Edited by JFish350

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Interesting variation on a thread that  @GolfSpy MPR had going recently - however the difference was that his 3 wood was working for him. You might want to send him a DM to see how he resolved it. Maybe it's lessons or maybe you just go down to a 5 wood (since you're 3 wood isn't working) or even a 19* hybrid. 

I have a hybrid in the mail as we speak. I’m hoping it will give me another option. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

2 hours ago, EEZurg said:

If it's the only problem club, put it away for a while.  I've done this.....and I am always surprised how quickly it makes it back into the bag.  First, only on wide open fairways....then more frequently.  Not saying all the other advice isn't spot on, but sometimes things can just get in your head.

Yep I’ve done that. If I don’t have a fairway on both sides of the one I’m supposed to be on and nobody in danger of getting hit I don’t pull it out of the bag. Range sessions only for now. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

Thanks fella, all makes sense. One thing at a time. 

I've has the same driver for about 5 years. Callaway Epic GBB. I have changed shafts once (well twice now as the one shaft broke) as my swing speed picked up. Hmmm hadn't thought about swing speed being an issue but that came well after the problems started. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

To be clear, by no means should I ever be considered an expert in golf, but if you can hit a 1 iron consistently well (ie. in the fairway with decent distance) which is substantially more difficult to hit than a typical driver, I would think its an equipment issue.  Like others have noted.

I have had problems with some golf instructors in the past that try to make quick fixes, so I sympathize with you that some Pro's don't necessarily help you.  I do believe LMs and video capture do help most Pros assess your swing properly.  But sometimes their analysis can be wrong.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

1 hour ago, JFish350 said:

I’ll try and answer and my answers make sense. 

you are correct in your assessment of the pull hook. I haven’t noticed the club face being closed but I will absolutely pay More attention to that aspect. 

For the first 3 questions. Nothing happened “ie” injury, swing change etc. I was happy  where game was and the direction it was going. I was hoping to get to single digit hdcp by the end of that season. Maybe to much pressure on myself. 

I did notice I was starting to get more of a draw than normal but still in the fairway or 1st cut. This was the first time I went to get a lesson. Instructor said I needed to lean back or have my right shoulder lower and try to push the ball right. By the end of that session I couldn’t hit anything. I never went back to that person. Took me about a month of practice 3-4 times a week and 2-3 rounds to get back to where I was before that lesson. Needless to say my driver has been a constant battle ever since. 
I also went to Golf tec. Of the 10 lessons we /I hit a driver less than 10 swings and that was reason I went in. Actually changed coaches and still came out worse as my iron play suffered which I didn’t have an issue with. I’m not trying to get to a scratch golf at least not in the short or mid term goals. I may never get there and that’s fine as long I feel like I’m playing ok. 

I'm not opposed to half swings. I do ok with them and then move to more full strength. This works for a week or so then it’s back to the pull hook. 

I guess I get frustrated as I can hit my 4 iron and 1 iron further than my driver. I also am longer with those two clubs then guys I play with. I did play a couple rounds with my Freind who’s brother in law is a scratch golfer. I had a really good day with the driver (just like old times) and was out driving him by 10 plus yards. 

I have tried to a small degree to hit fades and slice. As i think about that seemed to help. I’ll try those steps ( club face & fades) and see what happens. 

i should add that I do hit the ball on the toe of the club. I do know that causes a left bias ball flight. That’s something I have been working on for a very long time like 10 plus years long. 

thanks for the tips I really do appreciate them. 

A number of comments. Instruction is a very personal thing - it took me three tries before I found the right one for basic instruction. A couple of years later I moved on to another one since I felt  I outgrew the 'basic' instructor. Half swings with the driver was the first recommendation my instructor gave me and it worked since it kept me from killing the ball. Slowing down my takeaway really helped as well.  My issue today is SS as I had slowed my SS down to implement all of the swing changes. 

GBB - I had one of those . It stayed in my bag 2 years as I continually struggled with it - the ball never went straight with that club. I even changed out the shaft to no avail. Along came the 410 SFT which is as straight as an arrow. Driver fittings are pretty inexpensive - might be worth the cost just for giggles.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

What ball are you using? Low spin balls will amplify hooks especially if you have a toe pattern. This happens to me with the Tour BX when I am not swinging well and is much less often with a higher spin ball like the Tour B XS. 

You need to hit 10 balls with driver and see where you are hitting them on the face, extreme toe could cause most of the issue. Otherwise, get on a good launch monitor that has club data so you know your actual club path and face angles and figure out how to correct. There's no magic driver that only hits 150 yard hooks, that shot isn't an equipment fix. 

Someone already posted above, it's very likely you're not turning your lower body through the shot and are flipping or rolling your hands at impact. If you are trying to work through this on your own, in addition to short swings I would begin by moving the ball closer to the middle of your stance then slowly moving it toward your front foot and seeing how that affects ball flight. Also, teeing it lower and swinging level then progressing the tee height up as well. It is easy for setup to get out of whack with driver. This won't always show up with other clubs because you address them more neutral and likely have all different swing thoughts and intentions. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

If you're just hooking one club in the bag, isn't it likely the club?

Once. back in the days when a matching set of four wooden woods was the prevalent style, I had ONE fairway wood that I hooked badly while not having a problem with the others in the set.  My natural shot was a draw, but I seriously hooked this club.

I took it out of the bag and replaced it with a non-matching wood, and poof!  No more hook.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

^ all that

Yea, not much to add to @cnosil reply.  I will share that one of our winter Canadian players suffered a similar issue off the tee.  Randy could flat out smash em but 8/10 were left pulls.  When we played Mesa Del Sol (in a housing development), he wouldn't even dare use his driver.  He took lessons from a local instructor and it really helped him.  I asked what he recommended and he said he had him choke down on the shaft about 2 inches and hit balls at half throttle paying particular attention to getting a better, less abrupt transition.  As the balls started flying straighter more consistently, he kept increasing swing speed and extending shaft.  If things went downhill, he went back to start.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

57 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yea, not much to add to @cnosil reply.  I will share that one of our winter Canadian players suffered a similar issue off the tee.  Randy could flat out smash em but 8/10 were left pulls.  When we played Mesa Del Sol (in a housing development), he wouldn't even dare use his driver.  He took lessons from a local instructor and it really helped him.  I asked what he recommended and he said he had him choke down on the shaft about 2 inches and hit balls at half throttle paying particular attention to getting a better, less abrupt transition.  As the balls started flying straighter more consistently, he kept increasing swing speed and extending shaft.  If things went downhill, he went back to start.

I kinda feel this is where I am at. I hit one ball the other day at the range choked down on the club and it was the best shot of the day with the driver.  Only went about 230 with a low ball flight but it was straight. I'd take with every drive right now but the fear of a fish hook keeps me using the driver on the course. 

I've got a few things to try. I know something will work its just a matter of not chucking the thing in the woods first. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

8 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

I kinda feel this is where I am at. I hit one ball the other day at the range choked down on the club and it was the best shot of the day with the driver.  Only went about 230 with a low ball flight but it was straight. I'd take with every drive right now but the fear of a fish hook keeps me using the driver on the course. 

I've got a few things to try. I know something will work its just a matter of not chucking the thing in the woods first. 

I am wondering if you are possibly overswinging.   As I mentioned when I hit this shot it is because  I am trying to give the shot a little extra.     Another thing to try is slow your speed down and hit the driver 100 yards and then slowly ramp it up and hit it farther.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

OK I got out the range yesterday. Made sure the face was square at address, long back swing keeping the left arm straight only going to parallel or just past, and really really concentrated on a smooth transition and only what felt like 3/4 speed swing. Also try to hit fade. Seemed to be the correct direction as I felt like the ball was going where it should. A couple of pull shots but they were straight, so not worried about those shots.  

BUT

I had 2 balls left. I was doing pretty good so I decided to put a little extra speed on. Ball one Duck hook , Ball 2, not as bad with  a slower speed but still a big hook. 

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I am back on the right path 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

On 10/14/2021 at 5:34 PM, JFish350 said:

Just saw a Golf Channel instructional video with Daniel Berger and Bones. Berger said his go to drive that he uses 70% of the time is where he chokes down on the driver and also moves the ball position a little further back in his stance. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Just saw a Golf Channel instructional video with Daniel Berger and Bones. Berger said his go to drive that he uses 70% of the time is where he chokes down on the driver and also moves the ball position a little further back in his stance. 

I used that shot a lot at my old course that had much tighter fairways and very little rough... just crap (dirt, rocks and weeds).  I called it a "punch driver".  Don't need it at my current course; driver on all 4 and 5 holes... and one par 3 if the wind is blowing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”