TESTERS WANTED! ×

TRUE AIM: THE NEXT BIG INNOVATION IN DRIVER TECHNOLOGY

GolfSpy Dave

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been talking to the Boss about bringing some of these into the store.... He seems intrigued...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Will replacement decals be available as one-offs? Just thinking about the guys who change out their drivers frequently (though I'm trying to stop, I'm good for 2 gamers most seasons). I would assume that once one finds what works for him it would be the same for most any driver (assuming face angle remains constant).

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Wow! Let's say I am intrigued....A personalized alignment aid is a brilliant idea. And shows how much of our golf swing depends on being comfortable with the setup... Would love to try it out.

D: Ping G400 Max, MRC Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

3+w: Callaway Rogue, Aldila Synergy 60 S

3H, 4H: TBD

5i: MP18 Fli-hi, 6i-8i: MP18 SC, 9i-PW: MP18, MRC OTi 100 S

50, 55, 60: Edel 

• SPY VIP

I'm also really curious to see what the longer term benefits prove to be. I can see it going to one of two ways..

The mental switch that gets flipped becomes part of the routine, and the impact is realized even without the alignment aid.

or...

the golfer becomes accustomed to alignment aid, and the overall impact is minimized.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Who won?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

And the winners are...EVERYONE WHO POSTED A COMMENT!

Please send us an email to jason@mytrueaim.com with your Golf Spy Name, first and last name and mailing address. The kit will be mailed immediately!

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm about True Aim. We appreciate it. Once you receive your kit and have gone through the process, please send us your feedback, photos, videos, results...anything at all. We want True Aim to be the best product it can be and your comments will help us achieve that. Thanks, again everyone!

For more information and to purchase your kit, go to www.mytrueaim.com.

Woooo hoooo!!

Thanks TrueAim, Merry Christmas to me!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Please send us an email to jason@mytrueaim.com with your Golf Spy Name, first and last name and mailing address. The kit will be mailed immediately!

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm about True Aim. We appreciate it. Once you receive your kit and have gone through the process, please send us your feedback, photos, videos, results...anything at all. We want True Aim to be the best product it can be and your comments will help us achieve that. Thanks, again everyone!

What a great gesture, and a tremendous demonstration of faith in your own product! I'm looking forward to receiving my kit and testing it out.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

That's so great of you.... I've order a set and this add set would be great for some friends to try out

This is so awesome, I bought one for my brother for christmas and now I get one also. Thanks TrueAim I will report back or finding! Happy Holidays!!

Woooo hoooo!!

Thanks TrueAim, Merry Christmas to me!

What a great gesture, and a tremendous demonstration of faith in your own product! I'm looking forward to receiving my kit and testing it out.

Love it! looking forward to checking this out! Thanks for being so generous to everyone.

Wow, very generous of you all. I'll have to post my thoughts after I use it for a while.

Happy holidays to you all! Thank you very much for your enthusiasm about True Aim. We look forward to hearing about your experience once you've gone through the process.

I have been talking to the Boss about bringing some of these into the store.... He seems intrigued...

Excellent! Please send us your email address and we'll get a kit out to you right away (you won a complimentary kit for posting a comment to the article!). If your boss is interested in discussing things further, please have him contact Tim Tucker at Tim@mytrueaim.com. Thank you.

Wow! Let's say I am intrigued....A personalized alignment aid is a brilliant idea. And shows how much of our golf swing depends on being comfortable with the setup... Would love to try it out.

We would love you to try it out also! Please send us your email as you won a free kit for commenting on the article. We look forward to your feedback.

Will replacement decals be available as one-offs? Just thinking about the guys who change out their drivers frequently (though I'm trying to stop, I'm good for 2 gamers most seasons). I would assume that once one finds what works for him it would be the same for most any driver (assuming face angle remains constant).

I'm also really curious to see what the longer term benefits prove to be. I can see it going to one of two ways..

The mental switch that gets flipped becomes part of the routine, and the impact is realized even without the alignment aid.

or...

the golfer becomes accustomed to alignment aid, and the overall impact is minimized.

Excellent questions. With regard to the one offs, at this time we are not offering them. This week, I did a fitting with a guy who brought two Taylormade drivers - one was an R11 and the other was a Burner, both white. He fit into a different decal shape for each driver because the head shape was different.

The long term impact is unknown - but we do know that when we ask people how they aim their current driver, most people don't have a good answer. When we go through the process, they start to pick out different characteristics of the club head or face or decal combination which become the focal point and they have something they are using consistently to aim. So, our thought now is that the long term impact is going to be different for everyone.

Excellent! Please send us your email address and we'll get a kit out to you right away (you won a complimentary kit for posting a comment to the article!). If your boss is interested in discussing things further, please have him contact Tim Tucker at Tim@mytrueaim.com. Thank you.

Already done... Tim is well acquainted with our little shop..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

To those who commented on the article during the contest, we're ready to send your free kit to you. Still looking to hear from:

apprenti23

Tyk

rchalpu98

scgolfer

Golf is my Passion

Send us a quick email with your name, handle and address and we'll mail the kit to you first thing tomorrow. Jason@mytrueaim.com

Excellent questions. With regard to the one offs, at this time we are not offering them. This week, I did a fitting with a guy who brought two Taylormade drivers - one was an R11 and the other was a Burner, both white. He fit into a different decal shape for each driver because the head shape was different.

The long term impact is unknown - but we do know that when we ask people how they aim their current driver, most people don't have a good answer. When we go through the process, they start to pick out different characteristics of the club head or face or decal combination which become the focal point and they have something they are using consistently to aim. So, our thought now is that the long term impact is going to be different for everyone.

Damn, I hate being here in the tundra and missing out on all this neat stuff. However, rest assured come April, I will down at Novogolf on Trackman with my decals. Brilliant idea. Now can you get to work to solve my problem of convincing a local establishment to buy a T-man or Flightscope X-2?

Damn, I hate being here in the tundra and missing out on all this neat stuff. However, rest assured come April, I will down at Novogolf on Trackman with my decals. Brilliant idea. Now can you get to work to solve my problem of convincing a local establishment to buy a T-man or Flightscope X-2?

Actually, FlightScope is getting very affordable and they can be financed. If a club were to charge a fitting fee for their driver optimization, they could very quickly recoup the cost of the FlightScope and then have an additional revenue stream. Good luck!

A testimonial we just received from Mike in La Jolla, Ca.

Tim/Jason...got my TrueAim top secret kit last week and WOW i love it..

One of the things i found interesting was that by just looking at the decals I thought I could predetermine which ones I liked and those I thought I would hate...well after spending time at the driving range testing the different configurations with your system I found what I thought would be best decals weren't and the ones I figured had no chance I would like tested best and i liked their look on my driver best...

I am a 7 hdcp who plays a tight fairway course and how i drive is a big factor in how I score (duh aren't most)..but i have gone though 2 rounds with the a test decal and have never driven better...the alignment aide gives me the confidence I know where the ball is aimed. Just as important it gives me something to focus on in my set up, to make sure I am the same every time. In the past I was just hoping I had the driver aligned and would often worry about that in my backswing.

My partners are asking me what happened. How come I was driving so well..I hesitated telling them, but one picked up on the alignment aide and I had to tell them about TrueAim...You will be probably hearing from them soon.. and my advantage will be equalized when they get on board...so until then I will enjoy taking more of their money....

A testimonial we just received from Mike in La Jolla, Ca.

Tim/Jason...got my TrueAim top secret kit last week and WOW i love it..

One of the things i found interesting was that by just looking at the decals I thought I could predetermine which ones I liked and those I thought I would hate...well after spending time at the driving range testing the different configurations with your system I found what I thought would be best decals weren't and the ones I figured had no chance I would like tested best and i liked their look on my driver best...

I am a 7 hdcp who plays a tight fairway course and how i drive is a big factor in how I score (duh aren't most)..but i have gone though 2 rounds with the a test decal and have never driven better...the alignment aide gives me the confidence I know where the ball is aimed. Just as important it gives me something to focus on in my set up, to make sure I am the same every time. In the past I was just hoping I had the driver aligned and would often worry about that in my backswing.

My partners are asking me what happened. How come I was driving so well..I hesitated telling them, but one picked up on the alignment aide and I had to tell them about TrueAim...You will be probably hearing from them soon.. and my advantage will be equalized when they get on board...so until then I will enjoy taking more of their money....

This kit looks very promising. I was away on vacation and could not post, so i'll have to order one, but can't wait to see how it affects my consistency off the tee. For $20, why not?

Update on my True Aim set up. I recently traded drivers from a D2 to a D3 Titleist. I had my Perp I on the D2 and when I switched to the D3 I figured it would be the same sticker. Not the case I had to change to the Para I. I started out with the I one direction and couldn't hit the side of the driving range but, after moving the alignment I was striping it right down the middle of the range.

Couple days after putting the new driver in play I shot 71 with 12/14 fairways (two fairways missed one with three wood and the other just a bad swing.) My best score in a year and a half. I AM SOLD!!!!

Every time I tell people they look at me like I am crazy, ok I am crazy and just drove it by you 50 yards down the middle.

"If you like to hit it in the trees, don't buy one of the kits. If you like to hit fairways buy one NOW!"

• SPY VIP

Update on my True Aim set up. I recently traded drivers from a D2 to a D3 Titleist. I had my Perp I on the D2 and when I switched to the D3 I figured it would be the same sticker. Not the case I had to change to the Para I. I started out with the I one direction and couldn't hit the side of the driving range but, after moving the alignment I was striping it right down the middle of the range.

Couple days after putting the new driver in play I shot 71 with 12/14 fairways (two fairways missed one with three wood and the other just a bad swing.) My best score in a year and a half. I AM SOLD!!!!

Every time I tell people they look at me like I am crazy, ok I am crazy and just drove it by you 50 yards down the middle.

"If you like to hit it in the trees, don't buy one of the kits. If you like to hit fairways buy one NOW!"

Glad it works for you. So jealous of shooting 71... :lol:

Anyone else have any news to report about your True Aim experiences?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived