Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TRUE AIM: THE NEXT BIG INNOVATION IN DRIVER TECHNOLOGY

GolfSpy Dave

Do we have to make a special order to get the decals made for a white driver?

Nope - the decals are a medium/warm gray and contrast nicely on the white driver. You can see how they look on our website on the landing page - www.mytrueaim.com. Thanks for your question.

For more information and to purchase your kit, go to www.mytrueaim.com.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could one not purchase pinstriping tape and accomplish the same thing? All you'd have to do to make pinstriping tape conforming is spray a coat of clear over them. $5 and you have the same thing.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Could one not purchase pinstriping tape and accomplish the same thing? All you'd have to do to make pinstriping tape conforming is spray a coat of clear over them. $5 and you have the same thing.

You can also grip your clubs with old bike tube wrapped around the shaft to have custom rubber grips, what's your point?

There is a bit more going on here than just tape, but I would be curious to see the results of your DIY project :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

You can also grip your clubs with old bike tube wrapped around the shaft to have custom rubber grips, what's your point?

There is a bit more going on here than just tape, but I would be curious to see the results of your DIY project :)

I'd do it on an old club, but not the one I'm using because I like minimal or non-existent alignment lines. I was just asking the question that couldn't the same thing be accomplished with virtually the same thing (pinstriping tape)?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

I'd do it on an old club, but not the one I'm using because I like minimal or non-existent alignment lines. I was just asking the question that couldn't the same thing be accomplished with virtually the same thing (pinstriping tape)?

I get that, and I believe the early versions of True Aim were fleshed out along those lines. For me, the difference in price point for the raw materials vs. the complete kit is small enough to avoid the hassle of making it myself and I would rather use the version that has the r&d behind it/already done.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Hello - I bought this last week, and had a chance to take out to the range yesterday and go through the process. Here is my feedback:

Instructions:

It is not clear to me what is the "target", and what it means to be "on target". Here is what I mean. I am hitting the driver, and I picked out a flag yesterday that was 225 yards down the range. So, to hit at or over that flag with 0 yards of deviation is pretty hard, near impossible. Plus, if the ball curves 10 yards either way away from that target, it very well might have been due to breeze or leaving the face open or closed a degree or two. Doing that has nothing to do with aiming at the target, does it?

I think the instructions should be such so that a much closer target is chosen, and then two different "scores" are recorded. The first is how close you came to flying the ball over the intermediate target, and second is ultimately where the ball ended up (current score system more or less). I think this would provide a better sense of improvement in aiming at a target and producing a shot that flys towards that target.

Finally, I think the instructions should also include something along the lines of once the player narrows down to 2-3 choices, they should then aim without the club on the ground at their feet to a target straight ahead, to the right, and to the left. I think only doing this will give a true picture of the performance improvement of the decal.

Scorecard:

I think the scorecard should be 2 pages, not 1, and turned into landscape view so that you get half of the decals on one page, and the other half on the second page. If you do this, then there is more space to include:

*** More detail for the intermediate target vs where it landed. (And even if you don't include this, the next bullets apply)

*** Space to include left or right of target for each shot.

*** A column for comments. Since there are so many options and shots, it would be great to write down comments about each decal. Was initial impression positive, was it mentally easy to align, did the decal allow me to set up naturally or did I feel the need to manipulate hands at address, did I throw out a couple of shots because of bad swings, etc. By the time you get down to the 10th decal, it is difficult to remember specifics about any 1 decal other than looking at the score.

Decals:

So far I have only used the temporary ones, but 2 of them split/cut. One occurred (rectangle shape ) when taking off the temporary sheet, and another (T shape) when removing from the driver. I felt I was very careful, but they ripped anyway.

Hope this feedback makes sense and helps. Please let me know if there are questions.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

Hello - I bought this last week, and had a chance to take out to the range yesterday and go through the process. Here is my feedback:

Instructions:

It is not clear to me what is the "target", and what it means to be "on target". Here is what I mean. I am hitting the driver, and I picked out a flag yesterday that was 225 yards down the range. So, to hit at or over that flag with 0 yards of deviation is pretty hard, near impossible. Plus, if the ball curves 10 yards either way away from that target, it very well might have been due to breeze or leaving the face open or closed a degree or two. Doing that has nothing to do with aiming at the target, does it?

I think the instructions should be such so that a much closer target is chosen, and then two different "scores" are recorded. The first is how close you came to flying the ball over the intermediate target, and second is ultimately where the ball ended up (current score system more or less). I think this would provide a better sense of improvement in aiming at a target and producing a shot that flys towards that target.

Finally, I think the instructions should also include something along the lines of once the player narrows down to 2-3 choices, they should then aim without the club on the ground at their feet to a target straight ahead, to the right, and to the left. I think only doing this will give a true picture of the performance improvement of the decal.

Scorecard:

I think the scorecard should be 2 pages, not 1, and turned into landscape view so that you get half of the decals on one page, and the other half on the second page. If you do this, then there is more space to include:

*** More detail for the intermediate target vs where it landed. (And even if you don't include this, the next bullets apply)

*** Space to include left or right of target for each shot.

*** A column for comments. Since there are so many options and shots, it would be great to write down comments about each decal. Was initial impression positive, was it mentally easy to align, did the decal allow me to set up naturally or did I feel the need to manipulate hands at address, did I throw out a couple of shots because of bad swings, etc. By the time you get down to the 10th decal, it is difficult to remember specifics about any 1 decal other than looking at the score.

Decals:

So far I have only used the temporary ones, but 2 of them split/cut. One occurred (rectangle shape ) when taking off the temporary sheet, and another (T shape) when removing from the driver. I felt I was very careful, but they ripped anyway.

Hope this feedback makes sense and helps. Please let me know if there are questions.

Thank you very much for such a thoughtful and thorough review. You have made some excellent points and we will definitely consider them moving forward as we prepare the next evolution of the product. We did have one question...what were your results?

Thank you very much for such a thoughtful and thorough review. You have made some excellent points and we will definitely consider them moving forward as we prepare the next evolution of the product. We did have one question...what were your results?

You are welcome, I'm glad you found the points helpful. Anything else I can do just let me know.

In general, I found the decals with a line parallel and close to the top line/face to be the best fit to my eye, along with the "True Aim" with the bottom of the A near the top line/face. Within that group, my top preference is the shape that looks like a large block capital "C". I am going to give that one and the "True Aim" the on course test and see what happens. I will report back.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

You are welcome, I'm glad you found the points helpful. Anything else I can do just let me know.

In general, I found the decals with a line parallel and close to the top line/face to be the best fit to my eye, along with the "True Aim" with the bottom of the A near the top line/face. Within that group, my top preference is the shape that looks like a large block capital "C". I am going to give that one and the "True Aim" the on course test and see what happens. I will report back.

Excellent. We look forward to hearing back from you!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered this from your site today after listening to BK on Teed Off this morning. Will the gray color work with the new Adams Fast 12 series? Just wondering if there's enough color contrast. Thanks!

TM Superdeep TP 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard

TEE CB3 15 Motore Tour

Adams Idea Pro Tour Issue 20 KBS Hybrid

Titleist AP2 4-PW KBS Stiff

Taylormade XFT 52, 58, 64 KBS Hi-Rev Stiff

Cameron Coronado Welded Neck T Stamp

Taylormade Red (If they still made em)

Ordered this from your site today after listening to BK on Teed Off this morning. Will the gray color work with the new Adams Fast 12 series? Just wondering if there's enough color contrast. Thanks!

Good question. We tried the decals on the club on the Tour and the contrast is very subtle. If you give it a try and the contrast isn't enough for you, please let us know and we'd be pleased to issue a refund immediately. We're looking at modifying the grey shade to address this in our next run.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a chance to try the kit today although admittedly, I only made it halfway through the "fitting" because I was running late. I found that a lot of the decals produced similar scores but a couple seemed to make a tangible difference. I think for me, it's the fact that the decals make you much more conscious of properly aligning the club face as you set up. It's hard to believe I'd pay so little attention to something so important. I did find that the reverse "C" decal seems to work best so far so I'm going to play a round or two with that on then test the rest.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm currently playing a Ping Rapture (9*) with a stiff NVS shaft. It was a great driver for me five years ago but as my birthdays are now on the wrong side of 45 I'm fearful I'm not generating the club head speed necessary to get the proper launch angles and spin rates. I recently was on a business trip and got to try last years version of the Nike NVS driver in a regular flex Fubuki shaft. It was 10.5* and I couldn't seem to miss he fairway. I was hitting these long, high beautiful bombs. Alas, I'm starting to think that I need to go in for a fitting as my ss may be dropping.

I got a chance to try the kit today although admittedly, I only made it halfway through the "fitting" because I was running late. I found that a lot of the decals produced similar scores but a couple seemed to make a tangible difference. I think for me, it's the fact that the decals make you much more conscious of properly aligning the club face as you set up. It's hard to believe I'd pay so little attention to something so important. I did find that the reverse "C" decal seems to work best so far so I'm going to play a round or two with that on then test the rest.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm currently playing a Ping Rapture (9*) with a stiff NVS shaft. It was a great driver for me five years ago but as my birthdays are now on the wrong side of 45 I'm fearful I'm not generating the club head speed necessary to get the proper launch angles and spin rates. I recently was on a business trip and got to try last years version of the Nike NVS driver in a regular flex Fubuki shaft. It was 10.5* and I couldn't seem to miss he fairway. I was hitting these long, high beautiful bombs. Alas, I'm starting to think that I need to go in for a fitting as my ss may be dropping.

Thank you for your post. If you think the shaft or club you have may be out of date, our suggestion based on your comments would be to get fit for the new Nike and then run through the test with the new driver. What we've been doing with the tour players is getting them as dialed in as they can with feel of the club (shaft-wise) and then refining the result and making it better by increasing their accuracy with True Aim applied. Get fit for the new driver and then go through the test again. Please let us know the outcome. Thanks, again.

Thank you for your post. If you think the shaft or club you have may be out of date, our suggestion based on your comments would be to get fit for the new Nike and then run through the test with the new driver. What we've been doing with the tour players is getting them as dialed in as they can with feel of the club (shaft-wise) and then refining the result and making it better by increasing their accuracy with True Aim applied. Get fit for the new driver and then go through the test again. Please let us know the outcome. Thanks, again.

Gentlemen, that is EXACTLY the plan I explained to Mrs. Bear this weekend! :)

Please don't misinterpret my response or mini-review though. There is definitely a benefit to using the True Aim product because it makes me MUCH more conscious of aligning the clubface. I am going in for a fitting later this week. I'll be sure to post an update with the new driver and a full fitting when I'm done.

Gentlemen, that is EXACTLY the plan I explained to Mrs. Bear this weekend! :)

Please don't misinterpret my response or mini-review though. There is definitely a benefit to using the True Aim product because it makes me MUCH more conscious of aligning the clubface. I am going in for a fitting later this week. I'll be sure to post an update with the new driver and a full fitting when I'm done.

Excellent! If there's any way we can assist you with Mrs. Bear, please let us know. We're looking forward to hearing about your results.

Greetings, True Aim followers. A couple of quick updates for you.

First, Greg Owen, one of the nicest guys on Tour, had a top 10 finish this week at Jack's place - 76.79% driving accuracy - 289 average off the tee. Ranked 11th in driver distance, 14th in driver accuracy, T4th greens in regulation. Excellent!

Many of you had mentioned that you would like to see more testimonials, we've updated our website and there are several new additions that you may be interested in. See them at www.mytrueaim.com.

As always, your comments are welcomed and encouraged! Anyone else have any True Aim experiences to share?

Very intersting product-have to looka t this more closely

Thank you for the kind words! We received a couple of great new testimonials this week that will be posted in a few days. Does anyone else have any experiences they'd like to share?

Hi

do you post these to kits to the UK? Or do you have a distributor over here? Always looking to turn decent driving into excellent driving!

cheers

Westy

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Hi

do you post these to kits to the UK? Or do you have a distributor over here? Always looking to turn decent driving into excellent driving!

cheers

Westy

Thanks for your email. Yes, we do send kits to the UK, same shipping price. We have one partner in Scotland and one in Sweden. If you're interested in becoming a partner and offering True Aim to your students and customers, we'd be happy to speak with you. Please send an email to our Operations Manager and she can send you all the details - Elizabeth - [email protected].

I have a question regarding the "fitting" process: Does it need to be done outdoors on a range/hole, or can it be done effectively indoors on a launch monitor?

Hi, Matt. Good question. The fitting can be done in either setting. If outdoors, you would use the scorecard we developed to assist in identifying the decal shape that yields the best results. If indoors, it is important that you choose a target to aim at for the fitting in order to measure the results against a specific spot. Both locations are effective.

• 4 weeks later...

ordered my decals yesterday. looking forward to putting them to the test!

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

ordered my decals yesterday. looking forward to putting them to the test!

Excellent! Thank you. Can't wait to hear about your results. In case everyone hasn't heard, we're running a special promotion for the month of July. If you're already a True Aim customer (meaning you purchased a kit from us) and you send us a testimonial with a picture or video, we'll send you another kit for FREE as our way of saying thank you! There's plenty of time if you haven't yet ordered your kit - order now - send in testimonial - get another kit for free! We've also posted several new testimonials on our website last week. Check them out! Thanks to all the "True" believers out there!

Excellent! Thank you. Can't wait to hear about your results. In case everyone hasn't heard, we're running a special promotion for the month of July. If you're already a True Aim customer (meaning you purchased a kit from us) and you send us a testimonial with a picture or video, we'll send you another kit for FREE as our way of saying thank you! There's plenty of time if you haven't yet ordered your kit - order now - send in testimonial - get another kit for free! We've also posted several new testimonials on our website last week. Check them out! Thanks to all the "True" believers out there!

very nice!

when do you reckon you'll launch the wood and\or hybrid kits?

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Bridgestone E6

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones

very nice!

when do you reckon you'll launch the wood and\or hybrid kits?

The existing kit/decals work well with woods/hybrids - we've received several testimonials and there are also some photos on the website. In the future, we may resize them slightly for these clubs, but many people have used them as they are with excellent results. One thing to remember is that the slightest change in club head size or shape may affect which decal yields the best results for you, so don't assume that one decal shape "fits all" - go through the entire evaluation process for each club you optimize. Let us know about your results!

The existing kit/decals work well with woods/hybrids - we've received several testimonials and there are also some photos on the website. In the future, we may resize them slightly for these clubs, but many people have used them as they are with excellent results. One thing to remember is that the slightest change in club head size or shape may affect which decal yields the best results for you, so don't assume that one decal shape "fits all" - go through the entire evaluation process for each club you optimize. Let us know about your results!

great, will do!

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Bridgestone E6

Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone. Just a quick reminder that our testimonial promotion is ending on July 31st - there's still time. If you haven't been to the website recently, we added some new testimonials. If you have been on the fence, take a look and if you place an order and send us an email about your experience before the end of the month, we'll send you a FREE kit! Check out the testimonials at www.mytrueaim.com.

We also did a great radio interview Saturday morning on ESPN GOLF TALK 1280 - you can listen to the podcast by going to their website - here's a link: http://golftalkradiomikeandbilly.libsyn.com/ It starts at about 15 minutes in during hour 1. One of the hosts, Mike, went through the True Aim process and will tell you about his experience, in addition to interviewing Tim and Jason.

Let us know what you think!

Archived