TRUE AIM: THE NEXT BIG INNOVATION IN DRIVER TECHNOLOGY

• SPY VIP

A bunch of videos have been posted on the True Aim YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyTrueAim?feature=watch

Here is the intro one. The others go through the seven steps of the process to find the right alignment decal for you.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is removable, but it is likely not to come off in one nice piece like the temporary. I'll ask the True Aim guys for more info.

Maybe once you get the right decal on, you will not be selling drivers as often :)

The permanent adhesive is similar to a bumper sticker and can be removed if you scrape it - maybe with the edge of a credit card. We've tested it with several drivers - it has not peeled the paint or discolored the head of the driver for any that we have tested.

For more information and to purchase your kit, go to www.mytrueaim.com.

By putting the decal at an angle, this seems like a good way to tune how open/closed your club is (think ASP plate without having to ground the club). The decal will help you consistently open/close the club face to the same degree by giving you a straight line to line up against the ball.

One of the things that is the most interesting about your comment is that the decal really does allow you to fine tune your driver and you as a player are unaware that you have made any kind of swing change. So for someone who has access to a FlightScope or other device, you can take the optimization to a whole new level by making very slight changes to the position of the temporary decal. You can make changes in face angle or attack angle that are so minimal, it would be hard for a player to make such a small change alone - the decal does it for them without the player even recognizing that they have made a change.

According to the True Aim guys, the logic does apply and they will have decals for woods and hybrids in the future.

I did not test them, but what they said is that most of the testers ended up with a different decal from the one on the driver.

Makes sense with the shape of the wood or hybrid head being different.

More to come for sure.

Our plan is to make fairway wood and hybrid decals in the weeks to come. They will be slightly smaller in size. Collecting data on these now.

• SPY VIP

Just a reminder that True Aim will be giving away 5 True Aim kits to MGS readers this Monday, 12/19.

Just reply to this post for an entry. Get additional entries by liking the True Aim Facebook page or tweeting a link to this review with the hashtag #mytrueaim

Ask your questions... Let other MGS readers know your thoughts on True Aim and win.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

A Sticker? seriously.... a sticker?? this is BRILLIANT!!!

Can't wait to get my hands on this and see for myself. Makes total sense, but seriously, I was thinking something way more substantial and expensive.

Looking forward to learning to aim better. Just wish there was a way to hide it so my playing partners wouldn't see what it is that's helping. ;-)

I have been talking to the Boss about bringing some of these into the store.... He seems intrigued...

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• SPY VIP

Will replacement decals be available as one-offs? Just thinking about the guys who change out their drivers frequently (though I'm trying to stop, I'm good for 2 gamers most seasons). I would assume that once one finds what works for him it would be the same for most any driver (assuming face angle remains constant).

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

I'm also really curious to see what the longer term benefits prove to be. I can see it going to one of two ways..

The mental switch that gets flipped becomes part of the routine, and the impact is realized even without the alignment aid.

or...

the golfer becomes accustomed to alignment aid, and the overall impact is minimized.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Who won?

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

And the winners are...EVERYONE WHO POSTED A COMMENT!

Please send us an email to jason@mytrueaim.com with your Golf Spy Name, first and last name and mailing address. The kit will be mailed immediately!

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm about True Aim. We appreciate it. Once you receive your kit and have gone through the process, please send us your feedback, photos, videos, results...anything at all. We want True Aim to be the best product it can be and your comments will help us achieve that. Thanks, again everyone!