Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Club Path

Pardon me, and I mean that sincerely, but am I correct in believing that everything - meaning  - EVERYTHING - depends upon being on plane. And that, until your swing is on plane nothin else matters - or can do much for you ? And that until that happens everything else is nonsense

AD2E7658-A84D-4D2D-8DB2-32FA66CAE4BD.jpeg

Technically, no, the ONLY thing that matters is impact.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

12 minutes ago, John Miller said:

Pardon me, and I mean that sincerely, but am I correct in believing that everything - meaning  - EVERYTHING - depends upon being on plane. And that, until your swing is on plane nothin else matters - or can do much for you ? And that until that happens everything else is nonsense

As @PMookie stated, the only thing that matters is what is happening at impact.  Now there are things that can be done before and after impact to help increase the chances of it being in the right spot at impact.

Also, plane/path mean absolutely nothing if you cannot control face angle

There are different planes like shaft, elbow, shoulder.

Depends on which instructor you watch they have different takes on plane and being in plane.

Some like Bradley Hughes who uses lots of the philosophies and swing approach to the great ball strikers will say only time being on plane matters is after contact. Ben Hogan had his plane concept and swung under it like many of the older greats did.

Like pmookie says though contact is what matters. The swing is about matchups and what works for the golfers swing 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

16 minutes ago, John Miller said:

there has to be more to this question.   What are you trying to figure out?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG