Jump to content

Don't Mess Around on Carts


Recommended Posts

  • brutal brutus changed the title to Don't Mess Around on Carts

How's the cart?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

How's the cart?

Lol... Not a scratch on it. It  rolled off to the left side of the hole about 50' but didn't hit anything. It was one of those top heavy Yamaha carts and as sharp as it turned, I'm actually amazed it didn't flip over and crush me instead of just ejecting me out...

 

Ironically, this isn't the first time I've been thrown out of a cart. I used to drive the beer cart at the same course right after high school and i clipped a railroad tie that they used to have lining the edge of some the teeboxes on the side of the cart path. Didn't get hurt then either but i landed flat on my chest that time.... and was 20yrs younger.

 

Maybe i need to stop tempting fate and start walking the course again...

Edited by brutal brutus
  • Like 6

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° A1 Kuro Kage Black 55-S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: H1 818 19° A1 HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

               :titelist-small: H1 818 23° A1 Fujikura AtmosHB Blue Tour Spec 85-S

               :titelist-small: H1 818 27° A1 Tensei CK Pro White 90HY-S

Irons:  :titelist-small: 2019 T200 6i-GW TT S300(4-6i  KBS C-Taper Lite)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Jet Black SM8 54°F, 58°M  WedgeFlex

Putter: :ping-small:  G2i Craz-E 

*All clubs with a weight are set to neutral

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah I prefer to walk also! Last time I was riding in a cart with someone else driving .. he almost put us head on into a tree... Twice!!

He was that kinda guy that liked to do .. or: TRY to do .. several other things at once other than just driving (eg. open his drink, open his snack, check his scorecard, tech for his sunglasses, etc etc).

  • Like 5

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, brutal brutus said:

Lol... Not a scratch on it. It  rolled off to the left side of the hole about 50' but didn't hit anything. It was one of those top heavy Yamaha carts and as sharp as it turned, I'm actually amazed it didn't flip over and crush me instead of just ejecting me out...

 

Ironically, this isn't the first time I've been thrown out of a cart. I used to drive the beer cart at the same course right after high school and i clipped a railroad tie that they used to have lining the edge of some the teeboxes on the side of the cart path. Didn't get hurt then either but i landed flat on my chest that time.... and was 20yrs younger.

 

Maybe i need to stop tempting fate and start walking the course again...

LOL.  OK, I wasn't going to do this, but my wife doesn't read MGS posts. (I read to her those that I think she would find interesting, funny or weird.) 

Many years ago, my wife played in a tournament with co-workers at a dog track course about 30 miles from here.  They had really old carts and she got one of those 3-wheel carts with a steering handle instead of a wheel.  She had never driven one before.  So, strange course... strange cart.  Well, before the tournament started she was driving the cart (being Irish, yes she was driving too fast) and got the single front wheel off the cart part and it hit a hole.  The wheel turned, which turned the cart and the steering handle; tossed her out of the cart into some bushes.  One of the guys she knew watched this happen, and said: "Ride 'em cowgirl!"  🤣

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh yeah I prefer to walk also! Last time I was riding in a cart with someone else driving .. he almost put us head on into a tree... Twice!!

He was that kinda guy that liked to do .. or: TRY to do .. several other things at once other than just driving (eg. open his drink, open his snack, check his scorecard, tech for his sunglasses, etc etc).

I walked all the time when i was younger. I used to work at The Vineyard outside Cincy, OH and that gave me free golf at all the GreatParks(formerlly the Hamilton Co Park District) courses around the city, only had to pay for cart. So i started walking and playing for free most of the time. The back9 at the Vineyard is pretty hilly so i would walk the front and ride the back. Still have a nice Titleist carry bag that i will use again at some point and even being nearly 20yrs old and heavilly used back then, the stand still works perfectly.

Ironically, i had just ordered my new Cincy Bengals cart bag that i posted in the WITB thread the night before this happened, lol.

  • Like 1

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° A1 Kuro Kage Black 55-S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: H1 818 19° A1 HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

               :titelist-small: H1 818 23° A1 Fujikura AtmosHB Blue Tour Spec 85-S

               :titelist-small: H1 818 27° A1 Tensei CK Pro White 90HY-S

Irons:  :titelist-small: 2019 T200 6i-GW TT S300(4-6i  KBS C-Taper Lite)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Jet Black SM8 54°F, 58°M  WedgeFlex

Putter: :ping-small:  G2i Craz-E 

*All clubs with a weight are set to neutral

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chip Strokes - send this to your MIL. OP was doing anything too crazy on the carts and got injured, so that can be the starting point for what could possibly happen with your brother inlaws at the country club. 

  • Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

LOL.  OK, I wasn't going to do this, but my wife doesn't read MGS posts. (I read to her those that I think she would find interesting, funny or weird.) 

Many years ago, my wife played in a tournament with co-workers at a dog track course about 30 miles from here.  They had really old carts and she got one of those 3-wheel carts with a steering handle instead of a wheel.  She had never driven one before.  So, strange course... strange cart.  Well, before the tournament started she was driving the cart (being Irish, yes she was driving too fast) and got the single front wheel off the cart part and it hit a hole.  The wheel turned, which turned the cart and the steering handle; tossed her out of the cart into some bushes.  One of the guys she knew watched this happen, and said: "Ride 'em cowgirl!"  🤣

I think she may find this one of extra interest.

  • Haha 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I think she may find this one of extra interest.

I did read the OP account to her.  😆  She has told her cart story to many people over the years, so I'm assuming... yes, I know... that it's OK to tell it here.  She'll probably hear that I posted it from @fixyurdivot next time we play anyway.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...