TESTERS WANTED! ×

Don't Mess Around on Carts

brutal brutus

• brutal brutus changed the title to Don't Mess Around on Carts
1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

How's the cart?

Lol... Not a scratch on it. It  rolled off to the left side of the hole about 50' but didn't hit anything. It was one of those top heavy Yamaha carts and as sharp as it turned, I'm actually amazed it didn't flip over and crush me instead of just ejecting me out...

Ironically, this isn't the first time I've been thrown out of a cart. I used to drive the beer cart at the same course right after high school and i clipped a railroad tie that they used to have lining the edge of some the teeboxes on the side of the cart path. Didn't get hurt then either but i landed flat on my chest that time.... and was 20yrs younger.

Maybe i need to stop tempting fate and start walking the course again...

Edited by brutal brutus

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

Oh yeah I prefer to walk also! Last time I was riding in a cart with someone else driving .. he almost put us head on into a tree... Twice!!

He was that kinda guy that liked to do .. or: TRY to do .. several other things at once other than just driving (eg. open his drink, open his snack, check his scorecard, tech for his sunglasses, etc etc).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

10 hours ago, brutal brutus said:

Lol... Not a scratch on it. It  rolled off to the left side of the hole about 50' but didn't hit anything. It was one of those top heavy Yamaha carts and as sharp as it turned, I'm actually amazed it didn't flip over and crush me instead of just ejecting me out...

Ironically, this isn't the first time I've been thrown out of a cart. I used to drive the beer cart at the same course right after high school and i clipped a railroad tie that they used to have lining the edge of some the teeboxes on the side of the cart path. Didn't get hurt then either but i landed flat on my chest that time.... and was 20yrs younger.

Maybe i need to stop tempting fate and start walking the course again...

LOL.  OK, I wasn't going to do this, but my wife doesn't read MGS posts. (I read to her those that I think she would find interesting, funny or weird.) 

Many years ago, my wife played in a tournament with co-workers at a dog track course about 30 miles from here.  They had really old carts and she got one of those 3-wheel carts with a steering handle instead of a wheel.  She had never driven one before.  So, strange course... strange cart.  Well, before the tournament started she was driving the cart (being Irish, yes she was driving too fast) and got the single front wheel off the cart part and it hit a hole.  The wheel turned, which turned the cart and the steering handle; tossed her out of the cart into some bushes.  One of the guys she knew watched this happen, and said: "Ride 'em cowgirl!"  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh yeah I prefer to walk also! Last time I was riding in a cart with someone else driving .. he almost put us head on into a tree... Twice!!

He was that kinda guy that liked to do .. or: TRY to do .. several other things at once other than just driving (eg. open his drink, open his snack, check his scorecard, tech for his sunglasses, etc etc).

I walked all the time when i was younger. I used to work at The Vineyard outside Cincy, OH and that gave me free golf at all the GreatParks(formerlly the Hamilton Co Park District) courses around the city, only had to pay for cart. So i started walking and playing for free most of the time. The back9 at the Vineyard is pretty hilly so i would walk the front and ride the back. Still have a nice Titleist carry bag that i will use again at some point and even being nearly 20yrs old and heavilly used back then, the stand still works perfectly.

Ironically, i had just ordered my new Cincy Bengals cart bag that i posted in the WITB thread the night before this happened, lol.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

@Chip Strokes - send this to your MIL. OP was doing anything too crazy on the carts and got injured, so that can be the starting point for what could possibly happen with your brother inlaws at the country club. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

LOL.  OK, I wasn't going to do this, but my wife doesn't read MGS posts. (I read to her those that I think she would find interesting, funny or weird.) 

Many years ago, my wife played in a tournament with co-workers at a dog track course about 30 miles from here.  They had really old carts and she got one of those 3-wheel carts with a steering handle instead of a wheel.  She had never driven one before.  So, strange course... strange cart.  Well, before the tournament started she was driving the cart (being Irish, yes she was driving too fast) and got the single front wheel off the cart part and it hit a hole.  The wheel turned, which turned the cart and the steering handle; tossed her out of the cart into some bushes.  One of the guys she knew watched this happen, and said: "Ride 'em cowgirl!"  🤣

I think she may find this one of extra interest.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

7 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I think she may find this one of extra interest.

I did read the OP account to her.  😆  She has told her cart story to many people over the years, so I'm assuming... yes, I know... that it's OK to tell it here.  She'll probably hear that I posted it from @fixyurdivot next time we play anyway.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”