TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nike Golf Shoe - Rounding Third (or) Playing Golf?

• SPY VIP

Got to admit when I first saw this I didn't know if I was looking at a baseball cleat or something I would use to tee off with. So I figured I would post this to see what you guys think.

SWEET-SPOT (or) SHANK?

WHAT NIKE HAS TO SAY:

Play your best when the weather is at its worst. Sealed seams and a

zipper-shroud closure keep your feet warm and dry. Super-responsive Zoom

cushioning for all-day comfort. Power Platform support for stability though

impact. Scorpion Stinger spikes for optimal traction.

MORE INFO

Nike-Bandon-Mens-Golf-Shoe-379208_006_A.jpg?wid=500&hei=375&fmt=jpeg&

#TruthDigest

They're actually really great. And it's not like people can even really tell you're wearing them because if you're normal, you're wearing them with rain pants. I live in the PNW and the Bandons are easily the best winter shoe you can buy.

Nobody is gonna be that guy rocking them with white knee high tube socks and jargo shorts in the summer. Right?

Is there really a large enough market for these shoes? They're horribly ugly IMO and really only useful in more extreme weather, which most golfers prefer to not play. In light rain, any normal water proof shoe will do just fine. I can't remember a single time the water was so deep on the course that I thought to myself, "Wow, I really want to play golf in boots". I'm more likely to go to a course that has better drainage.

This has been out for a while, no? Or is this a new version of it? Either way, I've heard that for extreme conditions or groundskeepers, these are the best thing going. That said, I don't care to play in extreme wet, so I don't see myself adding these to the rotation.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Those are the Bandon's and they're a few years old now. They were actually developed for playing golf at the British courses due to their wet weather conditions nearly all the time. About as waterproof as it gets, but uncomfortable for me. They don't allow one's ankles to roll naturally like you're accustomed to in the swing.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

It's an updated version of the Air Gore-Tex Max II that was out about 5 years ago. I still have a pair of these and wear them when it is really muddy on the course. There is no way any water is getting into my foot in these shoes.

KGrHqUOKpgE25nLEFgGBNjo3LrW_3.jpg

I like the looks of that shoe.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Is there really a large enough market for these shoes? They're horribly ugly IMO and really only useful in more extreme weather, which most golfers prefer to not play. In light rain, any normal water proof shoe will do just fine. I can't remember a single time the water was so deep on the course that I thought to myself, "Wow, I really want to play golf in boots". I'm more likely to go to a course that has better drainage.

Come and play winter golf in the Pacific Northwest, and you might just change your tune.. Our little shop sells approx 150-200 pair of "winter boots" each season. These are must have equipment if you want to play in the PNW.

This has been out for a while, no? Or is this a new version of it? Either way, I've heard that for extreme conditions or groundskeepers, these are the best thing going. That said, I don't care to play in extreme wet, so I don't see myself adding these to the rotation.

These have been out for a year or so. For anyone considering a pair, a tip.... When trying these on, DO NOT lace them up, only zip them. A few caddies at Bandon Dunes gave me this tip last trip down, and it makes a HUGE difference in how the shoe fits.. Try it and see..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

If its that sloppy out. . .oh hell, ya, I'd still be out. Guess I better at these to my list. . .

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• 1 month later...

I actually like the high tops due to I have bad ankles and they would offer me more ankle support. I have considered buying high topped tennis shoes to play in because no matter what brand of shoes I wear my ankles hurt like heck after 18 holes. Maybe some of you can offer some suggestions

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 6 months later...

If I ever get asked to play golf the go straight to the gym for basketball I might need these. but that's never gonna happen.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Archived