Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf Collectibles

B_R_A_D_Y

What items have you collected from older eras of golf?

When I was a kid, I always got my grandfather something golf related for Christmas. I managed to hold on to a few of those items. This first one is from the mid-1960s and is for personalizing your balata golf ball. I do not believe there was any custom printed balls available back then. There weren’t really Sharpies either, just wide tipped permanent markers you could use to make a dot on the ball. This device came with 3 sets of A-Z upper case metal stamps, that you mashed into the cover, as well as a felt ink pad. The truly funny part of my grandfather’s use of this ball marker, is the name he put on his ball. Raising a family during the Great Depression made him keenly aware of the need to present himself as a successful, affluent businessman. So the name he printed, which can be seen still mounted in the ball marker, is Mr. T H Peery. 😄 I’ve seen a lot of custom balls with names printed on them, but none using Mr.

The letter stamps are soooooo small, I can’t even read them individually. I have no idea how he did it.

6A481CD1-E507-4C2E-8D89-AE38D5967F55.jpeg

1701D6BB-290F-4ABB-9151-7726E1E542F0.jpeg

43685868-1B64-4478-9F98-CEE2FC98C68B.jpeg

Edited by B_R_A_D_Y
Type edit

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

• B_R_A_D_Y changed the title to Golf Collectibles