Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Unofficial: GC3 Review

Thin2win

29 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Part two : ball data

20211025_180616.jpg.8473d9c03e3f1d5afa0d5975ba97e8ef.jpg

Yep, it gives it. 

What do any of you want to see here? I think we are all probably familiar with foresight software, so I don't want to rehash that. 

I haven't found a way yet to change which of the data points it shows on just the lcd screen. Having it hooked up to my computer I don't look at the screen that often. But I did hit a few shots before getting it hooked up and just looking at the lcd. Spin Axis was a hard data point for me to put into useful terms. I got that left axis meant the ball would move left, but how far left? Maybe more time with a PLM and I'll know how much curve axis equates to, but for just our of the box.... Eh. 

It's crazy fast, data is displayed before I even look back down to it, so compared to skytrak, well, about 3 seconds faster. 

The unit isnt small, but it is definitely compact and very movable. 20211025_180546.jpg.b9a3be013a3f03bbd5528fe7ba385cc1.jpg

Its hitting area is pretty decent sized and it is easy enough to get a ball into position, I didn't have any issues there. 

20211025_180601.jpg.bfa7d7f93e8d71c67621ee29e0f8fa32.jpg

It would be nice if I could show you the gaping feature and how it highlighted the gaps in my bag that should be addressed. But I haven't tried that yet. Seriously, this thing came with Pebble Beach, you think I was going to spend the first hour on the range working on my distances?!  

20211025_180648.jpg.33d13a85c7ce33679c94cc91f062e3b4.jpg

I can say that Pebble on a Sim is still fun. And that the GC3 hasn't missed any of my shots yet. Also, it hasn't shown me a ball flight that I have been suspect of. Plenty of ball flights I didn't like, but you know, golf. 

Next up is club head data. And whatever anyone here asks to see

Any feature or option anyone wants me to try? 

20211025_180705.jpg

This looks awesome how does it connect to the computer or iPad ? I don’t see any wires unless you hide them ? 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

7 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

This looks awesome how does it connect to the computer or iPad ? I don’t see any wires unless you hide them ? 

You sir are correct, no wires. it connects to everything via wifi. And it's battery is good for a listed 5-7 hours. I've connected it to my pc and phone, looks like it should /will connect to an ipad/iPhone the same. Very quick and easy. 

It does have a standard ethernet port and a USB-C port. I did get an email from foresight that says the USB-C is not too be trusted at this time and should work in a future update. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

8 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

You sir are correct, no wires. it connects to everything via wifi. And it's battery is good for a listed 5-7 hours. I've connected it to my pc and phone, looks like it should /will connect to an ipad/iPhone the same. Very quick and easy. 

It does have a standard ethernet port and a USB-C port. I did get an email from foresight that says the USB-C is not too be trusted at this time and should work in a future update. 

That’s great man thanks for the info

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

When can I come over is the real question?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Looks good man.

Trying to figure out what costs more, a GC3 or @dlow206's bag of clubs (inclusive of electric trolley)

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Looks good man.

Trying to figure out what costs more, a GC3 or @dlow206's bag of clubs (inclusive of electric trolley)

GC3 is like 3 weeks worth of your club purchases. 😅

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

GC3 is like 3 weeks worth of your club purchases. 😅

And only 2 weeks of @Golfspy_CG2!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

When can I come over is the real question?

Non stop flights arriving daily. 

WITB:

20211026_211722.jpg.8c147cc62600c7bd28e54c1aa9361eab.jpg

Got the turf installed today. So this will be my hitting bay. 

Ummm... Mixed results with the club head data today, need to spend some more time with it, more to follow. 

WITB:

@Thin2win - I am curious about one thing: can you talk us through your decision to get the GC3 and not the Bushnell? In the launch article that Tony wrote, the pricing seemed to depend heavily on options. Did you get all the bells and whistles? Does that basically make the GC3 and Bushnell the same?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@Thin2win - I am curious about one thing: can you talk us through your decision to get the GC3 and not the Bushnell? In the launch article that Tony wrote, the pricing seemed to depend heavily on options. Did you get all the bells and whistles? Does that basically make the GC3 and Bushnell the same?

@MaxEntropy

Yes, of course. So the difference between between the two is basically price. GC3 msrp is $7000, Bushnell is $3000, but $800/yr to unlock it. So after 5 years the GC3 ends up costing less. I plan on keeping this until holographic virtual 3D golf takes over 😅 so that made this the better option on price. 

But, there is also the availability issue. Both sold out in 6 hours at launch. But my wife found a Foresight rep on Facebook(literally the first time I haven't thought of Facebook as the downfall of humanity). I reached out to him and yeah, it seems the brass at foresight didn't expect people to want to buy the GC3 as a standalone unit, they thought they would mostly sell them as SIM-IN-A-BOX packages. As such, most of their units were bundled in these packages. If you go to Foresight 's website right now, a banner will pop up telling you that you can still order the GC3, but only through that package (which is like 15k!)

He also relayed that the next shipment could be a ways out (global shipping etc). But hopefully arriving been late Nov and mid February... 

As I wanted something to use this winter when the snow started falling this sounded bad. But there was a secret menu item I could order and likely get it shipped within a week. 

Foresight had pre bundled some GC3 units with a premium course pack:

Carnoustie
Pebble Beach Golf Links
Pitch N Putt
Real Club Valderrama
Spyglass Hill Golf Course
St. Andrews Castle Golf Course
St. Andrews Jubilee
St. Andrews New
St. Andrews Old
The Links at Spanish Bay

This option wasn't listed on the website, it cost $1000 more, but if I wanted it, it would ship within a few days. So that's what I did, and sure enough 4 business days later it shipped. 

So, if you want one of these premium course edition ones, pm me and I'll relay his info (don't feel posting it is right). The premium courses normally cost $750/ea if you buy and download individually, so the bundle was a no brainer.

Tl:Dr long term cost to own /Availability = GC3 

WITB:

• 1 month later...

Has it been almost 2 months already? Time flies when you are hitting golf balls. 

I just wanted to add a few things for anyone out there that might be looking at using one of these. 

I learned that for it to collect club data, you need to have the ball in the back half of the allowed hitting area. It will catch a wedge in the front half, but driver will get missed almost every time. I'm sure that is just as club head speed thing, but worth noting. I had it setup a little different one day and it didn't capture any club head data. I was confused /annoyed for bit, but it was just ball placement. 

Other then that, I've been hitting lots of balls on the range, playing the various golf courses(Spyglass Hill is my favorite so far) and trying to get better at the skill challenges. 

Also, for the last month(ish) I've been doing a lot of ball testing on it. Which has been a lot of fun:

WITB:

3 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I learned that for it to collect club data, you need to have the ball in the back half of the allowed hitting area. It will catch a wedge in the front half, but driver will get missed almost every time. I'm sure that is just as club head speed thing, but worth noting. I had it setup a little different one day and it didn't capture any club head data. I was confused /annoyed for bit, but it was just ball placement. 

There seems to be lots of factors involved in this.  I know when we are doing most wanted testing some clubs need to be toward the back of the zone and other are more liberal in where the ball can be placed.   I have even seen some testers that can't get the GC Quad to register club data at all for some clubs. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

50 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I have even seen some testers that can't get the GC Quad to register club data at all for some clubs. 

As a result of swing speed being too fast or too slow? Are most of these LM's fickle about ball placement?  It would be a pisser to catch one pure and have it show error 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Other then that, I've been hitting lots of balls on the range, playing the various golf courses(Spyglass Hill is my favorite so far) and trying to get better at the skill challenges. 

How would you describe the simulated course play?  Do you just hit tee to green and skip putting, or does it allow you to putt as well? This is the aspect of an indoor hitting system that I think would be fun and worth the extra spend.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

As a result of swing speed being too fast or too slow? Are most of these LM's fickle about ball placement?  It would be a pisser to catch one pure and have it show error 🙂.

I never heard a final answer other than it took one particular person forever to get some of his sessions captured.  Could be the loft and AoA that he had.   His swing speed is on the higher end but not the fastest among the testers.    I will clarify that ball data was captured, it was club data that it wasn't capturing.   For me, some of the hybrids had issue.   But yes,  if you are trying to look at club data it really stinks.   

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

How would you describe the simulated course play?  Do you just hit tee to green and skip putting, or does it allow you to putt as well? This is the aspect of an indoor hitting system that I think would be fun and worth the extra spend.

Sim golf, or at least golf using the fsx2020 software is a lot of fun. I think it is petty accurate and reflective of actual scoring. 

Driving /tee shots are basically identical to real golf. After that things get harder and easier. In the end I think it balances out and my scoring is pretty close to my actual scoring. 

Things that obviously don't carry over:

You always have a flat good lie. No side hills, etc. But, the software does impose penalties to your lie. So if you are in the "rough" the screen will say "lie penalty". This is where the game is sometimes harder then real life. Let's say you are 150y from the pin, but have a "lie penalty". The sim is going to take distance off your shot, but you never really know how much. I've had it take 5y or 35y. You basically end up guessing that it is going to be about a 15% penalty and club for that. Sand is the same, if you are in a trap you will get "sand penalty". This seems to range from 5-40% range decrease, but you never know. It becomes rather challenging on green side shots. 15y sand shot... Sometimes you get the full 40% and come up way short. Sometimes you get almost nothing and fly the hole. You get used to guessing the numbers, but this part is much more like knowing how to play the sim and less about playing golf if that makes sense. Our on a real course, you know your lie, you have a pretty good idea what the ball is going to do from the rough or sand. I think the sim makes those shots harder then actual golf. 

It does have putting, and it takes some getting used to. The projected image just can't tell you slope and speed like being there, so again putting is learn to to play sim putting much more then probably actual putting. It also doesn't help that the software puts some pins on ridiculous slopes. Can easily get 4' of break on 7' putts. You can set a gimme range of any distance you want, I leave it on the default of 6'. I've tried no gimmes and 3' gimmes... It is just really hard to line up a 4' putt without seeing the hole or being able to see the break, you have to just imagine it. My make % from 5' on the sim is probably 25%. In real golf I'm probably 95%. 

So it definitely isn't real golf, but.... Even with those challenges, i still think it is pretty accurate and the scores balance out. You never lose a ball, put one 100y offline into the forest of no return or into  3' grass at St Andrew's, no problem ball found. Trees tend to be 90% air for a good change, a ball will often travel trough branches with no impact. 

You can change the climate to be anything you want, you can even turn on a built in barometer to get accurate temp and altitude of you have it outside at a driving range.  You can have it set course conditions to your actual current weather that it pulls from the internet. 

I've played around with the weather options, queued up carnoustie with 40mph winds. Turns out I have no clue how much that is in abstract and couldn't make the adjustments for it. But outside I've played in those winds and you get a feel for it. So now I just leave it at 70 and no wind. Which is likely the best for practice anyway. 

In 3 Sim  rounds playing Pebble Beach from the back tees, I've shot 79, 84, 86. If I ever actually played Pebble I could easily see myself shooting those scores. 

You can adjust green speed, fairway bounce, pin position difficulty, etc, etc... 

I am getting in 36 holes a week with some range sessions for the ball testing. It's not golf, but it's pretty close and it sure is nice having the bathroom and the fridge within 10 steps at all times. 

WITB:

58 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Sim golf, or at least golf using the fsx2020 software is a lot of fun. I think it is petty accurate and reflective of actual scoring. 

Driving /tee shots are basically identical to real golf. After that things get harder and easier. In the end I think it balances out and my scoring is pretty close to my actual scoring. 

Things that obviously don't carry over:

You always have a flat good lie. No side hills, etc. But, the software does impose penalties to your lie. So if you are in the "rough" the screen will say "lie penalty". This is where the game is sometimes harder then real life. Let's say you are 150y from the pin, but have a "lie penalty". The sim is going to take distance off your shot, but you never really know how much. I've had it take 5y or 35y. You basically end up guessing that it is going to be about a 15% penalty and club for that. Sand is the same, if you are in a trap you will get "sand penalty". This seems to range from 5-40% range decrease, but you never know. It becomes rather challenging on green side shots. 15y sand shot... Sometimes you get the full 40% and come up way short. Sometimes you get almost nothing and fly the hole. You get used to guessing the numbers, but this part is much more like knowing how to play the sim and less about playing golf if that makes sense. Our on a real course, you know your lie, you have a pretty good idea what the ball is going to do from the rough or sand. I think the sim makes those shots harder then actual golf. 

It does have putting, and it takes some getting used to. The projected image just can't tell you slope and speed like being there, so again putting is learn to to play sim putting much more then probably actual putting. It also doesn't help that the software puts some pins on ridiculous slopes. Can easily get 4' of break on 7' putts. You can set a gimme range of any distance you want, I leave it on the default of 6'. I've tried no gimmes and 3' gimmes... It is just really hard to line up a 4' putt without seeing the hole or being able to see the break, you have to just imagine it. My make % from 5' on the sim is probably 25%. In real golf I'm probably 95%. 

So it definitely isn't real golf, but.... Even with those challenges, i still think it is pretty accurate and the scores balance out. You never lose a ball, put one 100y offline into the forest of no return or into  3' grass at St Andrew's, no problem ball found. Trees tend to be 90% air for a good change, a ball will often travel trough branches with no impact. 

You can change the climate to be anything you want, you can even turn on a built in barometer to get accurate temp and altitude of you have it outside at a driving range.  You can have it set course conditions to your actual current weather that it pulls from the internet. 

I've played around with the weather options, queued up carnoustie with 40mph winds. Turns out I have no clue how much that is in abstract and couldn't make the adjustments for it. But outside I've played in those winds and you get a feel for it. So now I just leave it at 70 and no wind. Which is likely the best for practice anyway. 

In 3 Sim  rounds playing Pebble Beach from the back tees, I've shot 79, 84, 86. If I ever actually played Pebble I could easily see myself shooting those scores. 

You can adjust green speed, fairway bounce, pin position difficulty, etc, etc... 

I am getting in 36 holes a week with some range sessions for the ball testing. It's not golf, but it's pretty close and it sure is nice having the bathroom and the fridge within 10 steps at all times. 

Awesome level of detail Chris, thanks. It's great that they include the penalties and offer options like wind, altitude, and weather. I can totally picture you Courtney and Xander (well, pretty soon anyway) playing rounds together.  These really seem like a good value when one considers the versatility.

@fixyurdivot for more versatility, we have a  good couch, a popcorn machine and nice speakers so the whole thing doubles as a great movie theater room20211119_200413.jpg.72f7a64357687d242ae74d84fe0eb10b.jpg

WITB:

Just resolved to start my 2 year savings plan 😅

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 3:13 PM, cnosil said:

There seems to be lots of factors involved in this.  I know when we are doing most wanted testing some clubs need to be toward the back of the zone and other are more liberal in where the ball can be placed.   I have even seen some testers that can't get the GC Quad to register club data at all for some clubs. 

That is so interesting.  I've been fit on GC Quad and hit on it often.  I have faster swing speed and have never had a problem with it missing club head data.  Never even thought about having to put it in the back of the capture zone either.  

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

That is so interesting.  I've been fit on GC Quad and hit on it often.  I have faster swing speed and have never had a problem with it missing club head data.  Never even thought about having to put it in the back of the capture zone either.  

It is definitely odd.  I know one particular tester that continually struggles to get some clubs to register club head data.  They have rotated people thorough and get measurements and then he hits and gets nothing.  He is slower than Harry and a little faster than me.  

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

It is definitely odd.  I know one particular tester that continually struggles to get some clubs to register club head data.  They have rotated people thorough and get measurements and then he hits and gets nothing.  He is slower than Harry and a little faster than me.  

So strange...

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

I've had a handful of missed shots over the last couple months, but really like 1 out of every few hundred. I haven't had any issues with club data since I learned to put the ball in the back  half of the hitting area. 

One thing I haven't figured out is on the FSX2020 software, in the data review area there is an "optimize" button, which I am guessing that it would tell you your best carry/total distance for you launch and speed. but it locks up the program every time I hit it. 

WITB:

23 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I've had a handful of missed shots over the last couple months, but really like 1 out of every few hundred. I haven't had any issues with club data since I learned to put the ball in the back  half of the hitting area. 

One thing I haven't figured out is on the FSX2020 software, in the data review area there is an "optimize" button, which I am guessing that it would tell you your best carry/total distance for you launch and speed. but it locks up the program every time I hit it. 

I don't think I have had a single shot that the club data wasn't provided, and I just put ball anywhere in hitting area. I have had shots missed completely and I can't tell if it is my indoor area throwing it off or if it is the actual unit. It's way less the skytrack that's for sure. 

As far as the software it is really great when it works. Seems to have way more issues than it should. I haven't tried optimize button yet, may give it a shot tonight. 

Editors note: I have Launch Pro not GC3

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

50 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I don't think I have had a single shot that the club data wasn't provided, and I just put ball anywhere in hitting area. I have had shots missed completely and I can't tell if it is my indoor area throwing it off or if it is the actual unit. It's way less the skytrack that's for sure. 

As far as the software it is really great when it works. Seems to have way more issues than it should. I haven't tried optimize button yet, may give it a shot tonight. 

Editors note: I have Launch Pro not GC3

I'm not sure what you are using for a hitting mat. I did have an issue due to the tremendous ground force I generate (lol) during my swing of causing the mat to slide during my swing. It would only slightly move, but the unit would see the ball wobble and then take a second to require it, during which I had hit it and it wouldn't read. So I needed to secure my mat from moving, which was needed anyway. 

Other then the optimize feature, the software has worked well for me. A couple hang-ups but nothing bothersome really. 

WITB:

Just now, Thin2win said:

I'm not sure what you are using for a hitting mat. I did have an issue due to the tremendous ground force I generate (lol) during my swing of causing the mat to slide during my swing. It would only slightly move, but the unit would see the ball wobble and then take a second to require it, during which I had hit it and it wouldn't read. So I needed to secure my mat from moving, which was needed anyway. 

Other then the optimize feature, the software has worked well for me. A couple hang-ups but nothing bothersome really. 

I have Country Club Elite. There are times when it registers a ball but there is not one there, that's when it misses. 

Software wise it could be my comp also, I am running windows 11 on it (not by choice but that was all that was available when I bought it), so the glitches could be due to that. 

Overall if I were to compare it to Skytrack it is quite farther ahead that is for sure. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."