TESTERS WANTED! ×

Unofficial: GC3 Review

Thin2win

2 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have Country Club Elite. There are times when it registers a ball but there is not one there, that's when it misses. 

Software wise it could be my comp also, I am running windows 11 on it (not by choice but that was all that was available when I bought it), so the glitches could be due to that. 

Overall if I were to compare it to Skytrack it is quite farther ahead that is for sure. 

So, I got a computer just for mine too. It also came with Win11. But there is a free downgrade to win10 you can run. So I did that before installing FSX, I don't know if it makes a difference, but if you want you can do that. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 3 weeks later...

So.... I haven't been on an actual course since mid October. Today I got to see what 5 months of sim golf did for my actual golf game. The courses around me just opened and I got a permission slip to get a round in so I loaded up my golf bag (forgot my GPS watch, laser and towel 🤦) and headed to the course. 

On the sim for the last month I have been lights out with my irons and a little off with my driver. I've been 9-11 fairways with my driver and I've hit over 90% of greens that I have an actual shot at. 

I figured my putting and chipping would need some work, I was right. 

But I was nervous that what I was seeing on the sim wouldn't carry over. and that I was going to go out and shoot double my handicap. 

well, I'm very pleased to say that my swing went from my Sim to my course. A 3 over 73 for my first round in 5 months. I'm very happy with that. very very happy. I put 7 full swing approach shots within 12' of the pin, made 3 of those putts for a 3 Birdie 6 bogey round. so a good start to the year. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

2 hours ago, Thin2win said:

So.... I haven't been on an actual course since mid October. Today I got to see what 5 months of sim golf did for my actual golf game. The courses around me just opened and I got a permission slip to get a round in so I loaded up my golf bag (forgot my GPS watch, laser and towel 🤦) and headed to the course. 

On the sim for the last month I have been lights out with my irons and a little off with my driver. I've been 9-11 fairways with my driver and I've hit over 90% of greens that I have an actual shot at. 

I figured my putting and chipping would need some work, I was right. 

But I was nervous that what I was seeing on the sim wouldn't carry over. and that I was going to go out and shoot double my handicap. 

well, I'm very pleased to say that my swing went from my Sim to my course. A 3 over 73 for my first round in 5 months. I'm very happy with that. very very happy. I put 7 full swing approach shots within 12' of the pin, made 3 of those putts for a 3 Birdie 6 bogey round. so a good start to the year. 

Nice!  Where did you play?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

9 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Nice!  Where did you play?

Wandermere

WITB:

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:58 PM, Thin2win said:

Part two : ball data

20211025_180616.jpg.8473d9c03e3f1d5afa0d5975ba97e8ef.jpg

Yep, it gives it. 

What do any of you want to see here? I think we are all probably familiar with foresight software, so I don't want to rehash that. 

I haven't found a way yet to change which of the data points it shows on just the lcd screen. Having it hooked up to my computer I don't look at the screen that often. But I did hit a few shots before getting it hooked up and just looking at the lcd. Spin Axis was a hard data point for me to put into useful terms. I got that left axis meant the ball would move left, but how far left? Maybe more time with a PLM and I'll know how much curve axis equates to, but for just our of the box.... Eh. 

It's crazy fast, data is displayed before I even look back down to it, so compared to skytrak, well, about 3 seconds faster. 

The unit isnt small, but it is definitely compact and very movable. 20211025_180546.jpg.b9a3be013a3f03bbd5528fe7ba385cc1.jpg

Its hitting area is pretty decent sized and it is easy enough to get a ball into position, I didn't have any issues there. 

20211025_180601.jpg.bfa7d7f93e8d71c67621ee29e0f8fa32.jpg

It would be nice if I could show you the gaping feature and how it highlighted the gaps in my bag that should be addressed. But I haven't tried that yet. Seriously, this thing came with Pebble Beach, you think I was going to spend the first hour on the range working on my distances?!  

20211025_180648.jpg.33d13a85c7ce33679c94cc91f062e3b4.jpg

I can say that Pebble on a Sim is still fun. And that the GC3 hasn't missed any of my shots yet. Also, it hasn't shown me a ball flight that I have been suspect of. Plenty of ball flights I didn't like, but you know, golf. 

Next up is club head data. And whatever anyone here asks to see

Any feature or option anyone wants me to try? 

20211025_180705.jpg

As far as Spin Axis, TrackMan says that anything at +/- 2* looks like a straight ball.  

2023716B-5ABF-47D4-BA27-D6EF816B2549.jpeg

https://blog.trackmangolf.com/spin-axis/

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

• 7 months later...

I continue to have a real problem with missed shots (10 -12 out of 100) using my GC3. Been through many tech calls and sent pictures of my clubs, sim area and pictures of the ball being hit which they showed me how to capture from the unit itself. Made sure there wasn't anything reflective on my golf shoes etc. I wanted to return it for a refund but last spring they talked me into waiting for a software update. Now several updates later it's still missing shots. I'm setup properly (unit is level to the hitting surface/lense is clean) and familliar with photometric "best practices" from 3 years of Skytrak use. Anyone else having this issue?

33 minutes ago, BEB said:

I continue to have a real problem with missed shots (10 -12 out of 100) using my GC3. Been through many tech calls and sent pictures of my clubs, sim area and pictures of the ball being hit which they showed me how to capture from the unit itself. Made sure there wasn't anything reflective on my golf shoes etc. I wanted to return it for a refund but last spring they talked me into waiting for a software update. Now several updates later it's still missing shots. I'm setup properly (unit is level to the hitting surface/lense is clean) and familliar with photometric "best practices" from 3 years of Skytrak use. Anyone else having this issue?

Hopefully you're able to get some resolution to your issues. Must be very frustrating!

Wish I could give some input. Not sure how often he still posts, but @thechrisgibbs has one and maybe he can lend some insight to his. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

12 hours ago, BEB said:

I'm not having those issues,  maybe 1 miss per use.  And that I normally know why,  usually with a driver if I tee it up too forward in the hitting area. I know having the ball logo face the unit does help,  but I haven't had issues.  Sorry that you are.

WITB:

22 hours ago, BEB said:

I don’t have a GC3,  but am one of the most wanted testers from MGS so I have lots of time on the GCQuad.   During our testing they do find that certain clubs and players swings don’t get captured.   One if my friends that is a tester struggles getting wedges to capture all the club data even though he moves the ball around the hitting zone.   It is definitely frustrating but something that does seem to occur; unfortunately I have no suggestions other than to move the ball around the hitting zone to see what works best for each club.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 11/29/2022 at 8:55 AM, BEB said:

Just to reiterate what some of the other folks mentioned here. I actually put a spotlight on my hitting area when I'm not getting great readings. With the most glossy clubs, they often times can affect the readings too. 

If I'm totally honest, though, your troubles seem like you might have a lemon. I'd push the team very hard on getting a different unit. The 1/10 missed shots is not at all consistent with other people's use of the GC3, nor mine. That was my miss rate with the Skytrak pre GC3, but it only happened when I was hitting my 3wood. I couldn't use the driver at all with the Skytrak sadly. The GC3 hasn't had any issues with 120MPH swing speeds.

• Driver: image.png.c67e4844d8a191f8afb6a4e307a65ffa.png Stealth 8* turned down to 6* X-Stiff, Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6
  • 3 Wood: image.png.a1548764b69c6d3406f6f9f1ab1acd22.png Sim 14* X-Stiff, Aldila Rogue Silver
  • 2 Iron/2 Hybrid: Mizuno image.png.e2dedc2a71191940659367b8fac460ef.png MP-20 HMB, Graphite Design Tour AD; image.png.f066373041037bed32d08e715a7127f2.png Forged Tec set to 17* X-Stiff, Catalyst 6.0
  • P-4 Irons: image.png.d0a79f435e2331981ac11a33dd54e77a.png MP20, Dynamic Gold X100 
  • Wedges:  image.png.5e4bb78c97a6cf70133b4dfd9b768747.png Vokey SM9 50 degree 08F, 56 degree 08M and 60 degree 08M
  • My Putter: image.png.dce9f23e6ed6368fab8361d0c072c157.png B.2, LA Golf Shaft
  • Ball: image.png.0ca81de9028caab738d4428af820440f.png AVX
  • 5.3 Handicapped; Right Hander; from Salt Lake City, Utah

On 11/30/2022 at 9:29 AM, cnosil said:

I don’t have a GC3,  but am one of the most wanted testers from MGS so I have lots of time on the GCQuad.   During our testing they do find that certain clubs and players swings don’t get captured.   One if my friends that is a tester struggles getting wedges to capture all the club data even though he moves the ball around the hitting zone.   It is definitely frustrating but something that does seem to occur; unfortunately I have no suggestions other than to move the ball around the hitting zone to see what works best for each club.  

Thanks for your input!

3 hours ago, thechrisgibbs said:

Just to reiterate what some of the other folks mentioned here. I actually put a spotlight on my hitting area when I'm not getting great readings. With the most glossy clubs, they often times can affect the readings too. 

If I'm totally honest, though, your troubles seem like you might have a lemon. I'd push the team very hard on getting a different unit. The 1/10 missed shots is not at all consistent with other people's use of the GC3, nor mine. That was my miss rate with the Skytrak pre GC3, but it only happened when I was hitting my 3wood. I couldn't use the driver at all with the Skytrak sadly. The GC3 hasn't had any issues with 120MPH swing speeds.

Thanks for your input. I've spent a bunch of time on this and it stopped being fun as of last spring! I got this unit in Feburary, perhaps this one any your original came from the same batch?? 

I'm deciding if I want a refund or another new unit to see if that works. Going back to my SkyTrak / E6 for now.  

• 2 months later...

Any more updates on long-term experiences?  Would anyone have purchased the Bushnell version with like the silver plan instead of the GC3?

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

6 minutes ago, DriverBreaker said:

Any more updates on long-term experiences?  Would anyone have purchased the Bushnell version with like the silver plan instead of the GC3?

I looked into both, but the Bushnell is geolocked so it's only GC3 option here. There are some great deals on them now too!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 8 months later...

I have been having a missed shot issue with my gc3 at what I would consider an alarming rate(missing 30%+). Believe it is a matt issue, but will test the theory this weekend. Like another user above I have a serious amount of ground force and the unit seems to miss shots when I make a big turn and give it the full treatment. Assuming it isn't a capture speed issue as it picks up other users at similar speeds, but seems to be as soon as I start making a full turn and weight shift the matt slides a bit and the unit wont read. Going to try to secure the matt to the garage floor better and hope that resolves the issue.

WITB

Driver - Ping G425 LST 9*

3W - ping g430 max 15*

3H - PXG 19*

Irons - (4-pw) ping I230 

Wedges - 50,55,60 Vokey sm9