Re-dedicating my life to the art of putting

Well, I got it!

E149A2B6-198B-4F5B-9F76-3D864297F1F5.jpeg

2D364A8A-B417-4215-AF86-639E41D64559.jpeg

• Like 1

Cobra Radspeed XB 10.5* [CURRENTLY AUDITIONING SENIOR FLEX SHAFTS -- "Otto-Phlex" experiment] - Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Hybrid - PTxPro 5-PW - Equalizer II Wedges - LAB Golf DF 2.1 Putter

Spent a weekend with the LAB golf putter. So far, it is quite good on lag putts (others have mentioned that in their reviews and I would agree). I think it is down to the sheer mass of the club and that even if you mishit it the ball still comes off about the same speed. Short putts are a little odd at the moment since I am still playing around with ball position. I would tend to agree with Sam Hahn (LAB golf president) that with the press grip it makes sense to play the ball a decent bit forward. I have the shaft in the center of the stance which putts the ball position off my left heel or just inside it. I am still trying to "untorque" myself and not think too much about my stroke or path and just make a good roll. So I am 27 holes in with the LAB and, currently, I would say it is better on putts 20+ feet than my current gamer, neutral on putts 10-20 ft and slightly worse on 10ft and in but, again, early days. 

• Like 2

Cobra Radspeed XB 10.5* [CURRENTLY AUDITIONING SENIOR FLEX SHAFTS -- "Otto-Phlex" experiment] - Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Hybrid - PTxPro 5-PW - Equalizer II Wedges - LAB Golf DF 2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

Spent a weekend with the LAB golf putter. So far, it is quite good on lag putts (others have mentioned that in their reviews and I would agree). I think it is down to the sheer mass of the club and that even if you mishit it the ball still comes off about the same speed. Short putts are a little odd at the moment since I am still playing around with ball position. I would tend to agree with Sam Hahn (LAB golf president) that with the press grip it makes sense to play the ball a decent bit forward. I have the shaft in the center of the stance which putts the ball position off my left heel or just inside it. I am still trying to "untorque" myself and not think too much about my stroke or path and just make a good roll. So I am 27 holes in with the LAB and, currently, I would say it is better on putts 20+ feet than my current gamer, neutral on putts 10-20 ft and slightly worse on 10ft and in but, again, early days. 

If it's any help at all, having gone through the testing process here with the DF, I found that ball-forward was both a huge help and a thing I had to get used to.  I was so SO used to putting ball-middle, that when I (after watching the same videos from Sam) starting putting the ball forward, I was still trying to hit the ball - that sounds stupid, lol.  But I mean, instead of letting the putter head naturally fall back where it started (and it really does want to just stay on the line it starts on) and then naturally rise up and meet the ball, I was subconsciously shifting my weight to hit the ball closer to the middle of my stance like I used to.  When I allowed the head to just travel on its path and just let the ball get in the way, my accuracy from inside 10-feet skyrocketed.  

It's really a club I got to LIKE practicing with, since my confidence grew with it nearly every time out.  Hope you find the same!

• Like 1

Driver - :cobra-small: King Speedzone, 9 degrees, HZRDS Smoke 65g (two grams lead tape in heel)
3/5 Wood - Warrior Golf (don't ask)
Utility - :cobra-small: King Utility - 2 Iron
Irons (4-PW) - :taylormade-small:- SIM Max, Nippon Modus Tour 105 Stiff
Wedges (52, 56, 60) - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Snell MTB Black/Vice Pro Plus