TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra LH head, RH shaft?

DStar

Following on from my other shaft post....

Can you fit a RH shaft & adapter in a LH head?

Cobra F6+ if it makes a difference..

Thanks 🙂

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

Possibly, with lofts reversed. My friend had an R1 with a LH adapter, he just had to go the opposite direction of what the adapter said. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Just as @russtopherb said the lofts will be reversed. But also the draw setting will be a fade setting. I've used it in my LH head before to give a more fade bias driver.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Thanks chaps. I've been offered a RH shaft in X-stiff to try but it's a righty, great that I can give it a whirl.

👍

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

Other option is you can take the shafts into a shop and ask them to swap over adaptors if you really wanted to as well. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Other option is you can take the shafts into a shop and ask them to swap over adaptors if you really wanted to as well. 

This ^. . I ordered a LH adapter from Golfworks and took the adapter and shaft to GG and they installed it. @DStarAs to your shaft question  - it doesn't matter.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Reply from Cobra:

"everything would need to be mirrored/the opposite to what you would normally see. In other words +1 would represent -1, and vice versa."

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

7 minutes ago, DStar said:

Reply from Cobra:

"everything would need to be mirrored/the opposite to what you would normally see. In other words +1 would represent -1, and vice versa."

Yup its a trick used by companies too on true custom fits. Most driver sleeves make the club upright but opposite like this will make it flatter. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Seems that everyone here agrees that you could demo a RH shaft in your LH driver and it will work, just have the setting reversed. Needless to say the neutral setting would NOT change. So go give a few shafts a try and see what works best for YOU, as that is what really matters. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

On 10/26/2021 at 12:38 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just as @russtopherb said the lofts will be reversed. But also the draw setting will be a fade setting. I've used it in my LH head before to give a more fade bias driver.

Hadn't ever thought about the draw/fade difference. I don't often change the setting cause I don't want a draw biased driver, but this has peaked my interest and I just happen to be playing a RH adapter in my LH club. 🤯

46 minutes ago, MrRAOtt said:

Yes, I am LH and used a RH adapter in my Cobra and took it to the local shop and the measured it and it is just the opposite side of the circle works. 

So basically it's opposite day? +1 is -1. Draw is fade. Bogeys are really birdies. 

Interesting, I knew the lofts were mirrored but thought the draw would also be mirrored and would still be a draw setting.

Thanks for the clarification.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I've got the shaft on the way so will have an hour on the GC2 at the club and try to figure out what works best 👍

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

I'm so far gone from the specs game. Still playing clubs fitted back in 1998. This is crazy to me, but makes sense

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

23 hours ago, TvGuyJake said:

Not sure if the lofts actually change; but you are just opening and closing the face of the driver. 

Actually it is the opposite. The loft (face angle) in relation to the shaft can be changed however the sole won't be quite flat on the ground when the shaft is absolutely straight (not hands forward nor back at address). However, the face angle (draw/fade) cannot be changed. It is the relationship of the sole to the face angle when the sole is flat on the ground. The lie angle can be changed. In other words, when the shaft is straight (hands not forward nor back at address) it will be more vertical (more upright) when the head is in the 'draw' setting or less vertical (flatter) than neutral when in the fade setting. A more upright setting will promote a draw and vice versa, but you are not really changing the draw/fade-open/closed face angle.

By the way, if your driver and/or fairways have changable weights in the heel/toe or front/back you can adjust how fast thye face will close near impact. Weight more towards the toe or more towards the face will keep the face open longer to prevent hooks. Weight more towards the heel or more towards the back of the head will close the face faster to prevent slices.

Callaway 816 Alpha DBD driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, Alpha 815 3 hybrid, RAZR X Forged cavity back irons 3-AW, 54-14 MD4 wedge, Maltby MS+ wide grind 60 degree lob wedge, 37 inch Rife Swithback Two putter. All clubs overlength - 47 inch driver, 45 inch 3wood, 44 inch 5 wood, 41 inch 3 hybrid, 39.5 inch 5 iron with other irons in line with that. All clubs graphite shafted and X-flex except flex of putter.

2 hours ago, Bob Pegram said:

Actually it is the opposite. The loft (face angle) in relation to the shaft can be changed however the sole won't be quite flat on the ground when the shaft is absolutely straight (not hands forward nor back at address). However, the face angle (draw/fade) cannot be changed. It is the relationship of the sole to the face angle when the sole is flat on the ground. The lie angle can be changed. In other words, when the shaft is straight (hands not forward nor back at address) it will be more vertical (more upright) when the head is in the 'draw' setting or less vertical (flatter) than neutral when in the fade setting. A more upright setting will promote a draw and vice versa, but you are not really changing the draw/fade-open/closed face angle.

By the way, if your driver and/or fairways have changable weights in the heel/toe or front/back you can adjust how fast thye face will close near impact. Weight more towards the toe or more towards the face will keep the face open longer to prevent hooks. Weight more towards the heel or more towards the back of the head will close the face faster to prevent slices.

That is for a draw/fade setting on the adapter.  I believe the discussion was about loft changes.   When changing the loft on an adjustable adapter,  you are also effectively opening/closing the face.   From what I have read, the whole concept works as long as you sole the driver, but if you never sole the driver, you may not be making a change.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 hours ago, cnosil said:

That is for a draw/fade setting on the adapter.  I believe the discussion was about loft changes.   When changing the loft on an adjustable adapter,  you are also effectively opening/closing the face.   From what I have read, the whole concept works as long as you sole the driver, but if you never sole the driver, you may not be making a change.    

You do not have to sole the club to see the results of changing the loft setting of a driver using the adapter adjustments.  I "Never" sole my driver and I can see the difference when I change the loft setting of a driver. I've done it when I demo a new club and want to see what loft with that driver works best. I can see the difference on the Trackman readings very clearly. Try it if you don't believe it. NO need to sole the club at all. 

As for "What" you can change with the adjustments it depends on the design of the driver adapter. The Pins is designed to change the loft, some other might change the face angle. Some change lie up or down. Read the settings on YOUR adapter and go from there. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

16 hours ago, IONEPUTT said:

You do not have to sole the club to see the results of changing the loft setting of a driver using the adapter adjustments.  I "Never" sole my driver and I can see the difference when I change the loft setting of a driver. I've done it when I demo a new club and want to see what loft with that driver works best. I can see the difference on the Trackman readings very clearly. Try it if you don't believe it. NO need to sole the club at all. 

You don't have to sole the club but but holding the club above the ground you have to be careful about what you are doing since players tend to adjust the club to a preferred look when hovering the club.   The key to an adjustable hosel is that you have to play with the shaft in the same position and the face pointed directly at the target after the adjustment.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have a left handed adapter on my right handed speedzone/radspeed head.  Cobra support told me the only thing different will be the lofts will be opposite.  So for example my loft shows +1.5 but really its playing -1.5. 

WITB

Just to confirm that there was no issues fitting the RH shaft to my LH head. Need to have a play with the settings but at 10.5° I was getting a nice draw 🙂

DStar 'Malvern' Putter