Dream collaborations between golf companies

In recent news, the parent company of Bushnell bought Foresight. The co-branded launch monitor (GC3/Launch Pro) is obviously the first fruit of this partnership. But it's not hard to see further opportunity there. The most recent Precision Pro rangefinder allows you to input your LM parameters for each club, so that the rangefinder can suggest a club. I have to think that some future Bushnell product would do this automatically, given the relationship between the companies.

So that got me thinking: what other golf companies, if they worked together, could produce a dream product? Here's mine:

I want one of the major stat tracker products (Arccos, Shot Scope) to partner with one of the consumer-grade LMs (SkyTrak, Mevo/Mevo+, Rapsodo). Imagine this: you collect stats for several rounds, and then your LM creates a custom practice plan for you based on your actual strokes gained weaknesses on the course. To be sure, this wouldn't be the same as having a swing coach to fix the problem, but it would have you focus on the correct places for your swing practice.

What collaborations do you think would produce some really effective golf products?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:callaway-small: XR Pro 20°, Project X 75 Black HYB S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0 [CURRENT MGS FORUM TEST]
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

Not really a collaboration but if GC Quad would allow you to tag data more thoroughly with club head, loft, setting on hosel, shaft, weight, flex and more there is no reason if they didn't collect all this data they could have the best fitting engine in no time given how many fitters use it. Of course fitters would not want this, but given that you could hit say 10 shots and given your club delivery parameters could easily find a product that gives golfers with similar delivery options to that better fit their game. To make it a collab lets say a larger club fitter might be interested and heck if they got general users to tag the data use that too. Again not sure they would want to do this, but sounds interesting.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S VW Golf Grips Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I want one of the major stat tracker products (Arccos, Shot Scope) to partner with one of the consumer-grade LMs (SkyTrak, Mevo/Mevo+, Rapsodo). Imagine this: you collect stats for several rounds, and then your LM creates a custom practice plan for you based on your actual strokes gained weaknesses on the course. To be sure, this wouldn't be the same as having a swing coach to fix the problem, but it would have you focus on the correct places for your swing practice

i don't have any real input other than this is an awesome idea.  

• Like 2

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

I have never used it but a VR like oculus to collaborate with a Golf simulator. Can walk courses we could only dream of getting on with the same good information your typical LM provides.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Callaway and Taylormade join forces to create an AI-engineered Flash Twist Face with Jailbreak Velocity Blades!  🤣

I wouldn't mind SuperSpeed Golf bringing on Mike Carroll (Fit for Golf) to play a role in their speed training protocol development.  Word is this might actually be happening...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Callaway and Taylormade join forces to create an AI-engineered Flash Twist Face with Jailbreak Velocity Blades!  🤣

I wouldn't mind SuperSpeed Golf bringing on Mike Carroll (Fit for Golf) to play a role in their speed training protocol development.  Word is this might actually be happening...

I was thinking the same thing as I asked my question in the AMA seems like a good fit to help match what the Rypstick and Stack are offering

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S VW Golf Grips Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

The current ones work just fine but I’d love to swing a Mizuno forged Vokey wedge. 

• Like 2
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

11 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

In recent news, the parent company of Bushnell bought Foresight. The co-branded launch monitor (GC3/Launch Pro) is obviously the first fruit of this partnership. But it's not hard to see further opportunity there. The most recent Precision Pro rangefinder allows you to input your LM parameters for each club, so that the rangefinder can suggest a club. I have to think that some future Bushnell product would do this automatically, given the relationship between the companies.

So that got me thinking: what other golf companies, if they worked together, could produce a dream product? Here's mine:

I want one of the major stat tracker products (Arccos, Shot Scope) to partner with one of the consumer-grade LMs (SkyTrak, Mevo/Mevo+, Rapsodo). Imagine this: you collect stats for several rounds, and then your LM creates a custom practice plan for you based on your actual strokes gained weaknesses on the course. To be sure, this wouldn't be the same as having a swing coach to fix the problem, but it would have you focus on the correct places for your swing practice.

What collaborations do you think would produce some really effective golf products?

I believe that makes a lot of sense.  I would be very surprised if a company like Garmin doesn't buy a stat tracking company like Arccos and also combines that with a higher end LM company acquisition.  

Their Garmin watches would be a natural fit (to replace the Link) for Arccos and the combined company's data on individual golfers could be used with their existing low grade LM and a more higher end LM (Sky Trak or Trackman).  In addition, I think Garmin could use its heart rate monitors to analyze how a golfers heart rate is during putting to provide even better training data for high end golfers (pros and amateurs).  Right now it looks like these pro golfers use other fitness monitors instead, but Garmin could easily be the dominant all sorts of data provider for golfers.

• Like 2

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  917 F2 16.5 3W Diamana 60  Reg

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff 

:titelist-small:  4 iron 716 AP2 - DG 300 AMT Reg

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - DG S300 Stiff

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2

:srixon-small: Z-Star 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png 

:Arccos: Official MGS Tester 2021

ProV1x... Truvis. Seriously, I want it. Can I have it?

If we're talking training stuff and tech though, how about a Medicus dual hinge driver or iron, built with partnership with Orange Whip's counterbalanced technology?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

I would like to see PXG work with Nike in bringing back a limited edition Nike line of clubs. With all the techy PXG goodness and how much I enjoyed Nike clubs in the past it would great to see a rebirth and maybe a true form of the leaked Nike driver that never came to be. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

I like  the DEcADE approach to playing golf.  While some of the new features in DECADE are getting there, imagine being able to input the pin location and have your GPS/rangefinder/Caddie feature give you the DECADE target based on where you are on the course and help with the environmental calculations.  Additionally, I don’t get pin sheets or know all of the green complexes for every course I play so you could even enter the DECADE number based on where you are and have the it display the target.  It would then enable you to see target lines to help you setup  

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

30 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I like  the DEcADE approach to playing golf.  While some of the new features in DECADE are getting there, imagine being able to input the pin location and have your GPS/rangefinder/Caddie feature give you the DECADE target based on where you are on the course and help with the environmental calculations.  Additionally, I don’t get pin sheets or know all of the green complexes for every course I play so you could even enter the DECADE number based on where you are and have the it display the target.  It would then enable you to see target lines to help you setup  

Wondering if something like this might not be in the works with Lou Stagner partnering with Arccos.

• Like 1

Full WITB with pictures

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Wondering if something like this might not be in the works with Lou Stagner partnering with Arccos.

I would bet Scott Fawcett would look to upgrade and improve the DECADE app more than partner with another entity.

If you're a DECADEr, you know he recently pushed a major upgrade to the app called "Driving Targets" where it basically draws the tee shot for you as an overlay on a GPS shot of the hole, so he's already tinkering with moving from teaching you how to pick correct targets to actually doing it for you...

• Like 4

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

3 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I would bet Scott Fawcett would look to upgrade and improve the DECADE app more than partner with another entity.

If you're a DECADEr, you know he recently pushed a major upgrade to the app called "Driving Targets" where it basically draws the tee shot for you as an overlay on a GPS shot of the hole, so he's already tinkering with moving from teaching you how to pick correct targets to actually doing it for you...

Yeah, this is a really fine line. I don't think for a moment that Lou would compromise anything of Scott Fawcett's IP. But the idea of taking your shot distribution and using it to choose a target can't really be considered proprietary, can it?

Full WITB with pictures

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Yeah, this is a really fine line. I don't think for a moment that Lou would compromise anything of Scott Fawcett's IP. But the idea of taking your shot distribution and using it to choose a target can't really be considered proprietary, can it?

Your particular distribution no.  But the application of DECADE target is more than your shot patterns, that is probably IP.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG