Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Dream collaborations between golf companies

In recent news, the parent company of Bushnell bought Foresight. The co-branded launch monitor (GC3/Launch Pro) is obviously the first fruit of this partnership. But it's not hard to see further opportunity there. The most recent Precision Pro rangefinder allows you to input your LM parameters for each club, so that the rangefinder can suggest a club. I have to think that some future Bushnell product would do this automatically, given the relationship between the companies.

So that got me thinking: what other golf companies, if they worked together, could produce a dream product? Here's mine:

I want one of the major stat tracker products (Arccos, Shot Scope) to partner with one of the consumer-grade LMs (SkyTrak, Mevo/Mevo+, Rapsodo). Imagine this: you collect stats for several rounds, and then your LM creates a custom practice plan for you based on your actual strokes gained weaknesses on the course. To be sure, this wouldn't be the same as having a swing coach to fix the problem, but it would have you focus on the correct places for your swing practice.

What collaborations do you think would produce some really effective golf products?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Not really a collaboration but if GC Quad would allow you to tag data more thoroughly with club head, loft, setting on hosel, shaft, weight, flex and more there is no reason if they didn't collect all this data they could have the best fitting engine in no time given how many fitters use it. Of course fitters would not want this, but given that you could hit say 10 shots and given your club delivery parameters could easily find a product that gives golfers with similar delivery options to that better fit their game. To make it a collab lets say a larger club fitter might be interested and heck if they got general users to tag the data use that too. Again not sure they would want to do this, but sounds interesting.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I want one of the major stat tracker products (Arccos, Shot Scope) to partner with one of the consumer-grade LMs (SkyTrak, Mevo/Mevo+, Rapsodo). Imagine this: you collect stats for several rounds, and then your LM creates a custom practice plan for you based on your actual strokes gained weaknesses on the course. To be sure, this wouldn't be the same as having a swing coach to fix the problem, but it would have you focus on the correct places for your swing practice

i don't have any real input other than this is an awesome idea.  

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

I have never used it but a VR like oculus to collaborate with a Golf simulator. Can walk courses we could only dream of getting on with the same good information your typical LM provides.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Callaway and Taylormade join forces to create an AI-engineered Flash Twist Face with Jailbreak Velocity Blades!  🤣

I wouldn't mind SuperSpeed Golf bringing on Mike Carroll (Fit for Golf) to play a role in their speed training protocol development.  Word is this might actually be happening...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Callaway and Taylormade join forces to create an AI-engineered Flash Twist Face with Jailbreak Velocity Blades!  🤣

I wouldn't mind SuperSpeed Golf bringing on Mike Carroll (Fit for Golf) to play a role in their speed training protocol development.  Word is this might actually be happening...

I was thinking the same thing as I asked my question in the AMA seems like a good fit to help match what the Rypstick and Stack are offering

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

The current ones work just fine but I’d love to swing a Mizuno forged Vokey wedge. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

11 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

In recent news, the parent company of Bushnell bought Foresight. The co-branded launch monitor (GC3/Launch Pro) is obviously the first fruit of this partnership. But it's not hard to see further opportunity there. The most recent Precision Pro rangefinder allows you to input your LM parameters for each club, so that the rangefinder can suggest a club. I have to think that some future Bushnell product would do this automatically, given the relationship between the companies.

So that got me thinking: what other golf companies, if they worked together, could produce a dream product? Here's mine:

I want one of the major stat tracker products (Arccos, Shot Scope) to partner with one of the consumer-grade LMs (SkyTrak, Mevo/Mevo+, Rapsodo). Imagine this: you collect stats for several rounds, and then your LM creates a custom practice plan for you based on your actual strokes gained weaknesses on the course. To be sure, this wouldn't be the same as having a swing coach to fix the problem, but it would have you focus on the correct places for your swing practice.

What collaborations do you think would produce some really effective golf products?

I believe that makes a lot of sense.  I would be very surprised if a company like Garmin doesn't buy a stat tracking company like Arccos and also combines that with a higher end LM company acquisition.  

Their Garmin watches would be a natural fit (to replace the Link) for Arccos and the combined company's data on individual golfers could be used with their existing low grade LM and a more higher end LM (Sky Trak or Trackman).  In addition, I think Garmin could use its heart rate monitors to analyze how a golfers heart rate is during putting to provide even better training data for high end golfers (pros and amateurs).  Right now it looks like these pro golfers use other fitness monitors instead, but Garmin could easily be the dominant all sorts of data provider for golfers.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

ProV1x... Truvis. Seriously, I want it. Can I have it?

If we're talking training stuff and tech though, how about a Medicus dual hinge driver or iron, built with partnership with Orange Whip's counterbalanced technology?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I would like to see PXG work with Nike in bringing back a limited edition Nike line of clubs. With all the techy PXG goodness and how much I enjoyed Nike clubs in the past it would great to see a rebirth and maybe a true form of the leaked Nike driver that never came to be. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I like  the DEcADE approach to playing golf.  While some of the new features in DECADE are getting there, imagine being able to input the pin location and have your GPS/rangefinder/Caddie feature give you the DECADE target based on where you are on the course and help with the environmental calculations.  Additionally, I don’t get pin sheets or know all of the green complexes for every course I play so you could even enter the DECADE number based on where you are and have the it display the target.  It would then enable you to see target lines to help you setup  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

30 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I like  the DEcADE approach to playing golf.  While some of the new features in DECADE are getting there, imagine being able to input the pin location and have your GPS/rangefinder/Caddie feature give you the DECADE target based on where you are on the course and help with the environmental calculations.  Additionally, I don’t get pin sheets or know all of the green complexes for every course I play so you could even enter the DECADE number based on where you are and have the it display the target.  It would then enable you to see target lines to help you setup  

Wondering if something like this might not be in the works with Lou Stagner partnering with Arccos.

Full WITB with pictures

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Wondering if something like this might not be in the works with Lou Stagner partnering with Arccos.

I would bet Scott Fawcett would look to upgrade and improve the DECADE app more than partner with another entity.

If you're a DECADEr, you know he recently pushed a major upgrade to the app called "Driving Targets" where it basically draws the tee shot for you as an overlay on a GPS shot of the hole, so he's already tinkering with moving from teaching you how to pick correct targets to actually doing it for you...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

3 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I would bet Scott Fawcett would look to upgrade and improve the DECADE app more than partner with another entity.

If you're a DECADEr, you know he recently pushed a major upgrade to the app called "Driving Targets" where it basically draws the tee shot for you as an overlay on a GPS shot of the hole, so he's already tinkering with moving from teaching you how to pick correct targets to actually doing it for you...

Yeah, this is a really fine line. I don't think for a moment that Lou would compromise anything of Scott Fawcett's IP. But the idea of taking your shot distribution and using it to choose a target can't really be considered proprietary, can it?

Full WITB with pictures

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Yeah, this is a really fine line. I don't think for a moment that Lou would compromise anything of Scott Fawcett's IP. But the idea of taking your shot distribution and using it to choose a target can't really be considered proprietary, can it?

Your particular distribution no.  But the application of DECADE target is more than your shot patterns, that is probably IP.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG