Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ram Laser Hybrid Irons

I am a beginner player, been playing for 6 months and making gradual improvements.  Really need to improve my swing speed and aim with irons so been considering hybrid iron set.  

I know some people don't like them but I thought if they help improve my game at this stage it may be a good thing.

Not sure about investing big in the likes of Clevelands or Cobra but I have seen an affordable set made by Ram called the Ram Laser Hybrid Irons.  

I just wanted to ask what people's opinions were of Ram as a make?  Are they reputable?  And has anyone had any experience or heard anything about their laser hybrid irons? 

Thanks for any tips

I am not familiar with those irons. IIRRC, Ram clubs are now marketed as a bargain brand. That does not mean they are bad clubs. 
I like the idea of beginners using the easiest to hit clubs they can find. If you are hesitant about the Rams, you can probably find some used hybrid iron sets for a good price. Tour Edge and Cleveland come to mind. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I'm not familiar with those specific clubs but you are probably better off getting a used hybrid set from a brand with a better reputation.  As I commented in a similar post.  Go back and look at MGS's most wanted super game improvement iron listings from several years ago then go online and find a used set at probably a better price than the new Rams.

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

I will add...

Once you get your clubs, go see a pro and get them checked for length and lie to suit your height etc.  That help you avoid forming poor habits due to adapting to the wrong sized clubs.

If the length needs adjusting you may need to buy new grips, but thats always a possibility with used clubs anyway.