Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Is it wrong to be a proud golfer who walks and points out the bad traits of cart riders?

On 11/2/2021 at 11:48 AM, cnosil said:

You simply sound like an angry get off my lawn type of person that does not respect a large portion of the golfing world.    People who walk also bring coolers or outside beverages to the course, smoke cigars, and contribute to pace of play issues.  It seems to be a huge problem in your eyes but mark be not to others.  Some courses only allow walking at certain times or prohibit walking due to the course layout.  You can always play at a different course or time if you really want to walk.   I don’t know what post got “cancelled” but  you don’t seem up for a discussion on the topic so you were probably very my way or the highway in any response you would have made.  

GREAT RESPONSE!!!

WITB

Driver - Taylormade M6

3wd - Taylormade RBZ

Hybrids - Taylormade RBZ

Irons - Taylormade RSi1

Putter - Macgregor Smoothie

3 hours ago, Riverboat said:

I agree in principle, but the problem is that the more drunk or high people get, in general, the less they believe or care that they are interfering with the enjoyment of others. This becomes even more of a problem if you point out to the drunk or high players that they are severely out of position and holding up the course. Their beer or weed muscles kick in and they are ready to fight rather than admit they are being inconsiderate.

Those playing loud music on the course are also usually not interested in hearing that they are being inconsiderate. (Music at low volume that only your group can hear is fine, but others shouldn't have to hear it.) Sorry, but my quiet is not interfering with your round. Your noise is impinging on mine. Golf is one of the last bastions of peace, quiet, and civility in our society. It would be nice if we could just be considerate of others and keep it that way. 

Are people playing at course where people are getting this drunk or high? In the last two years, I have only heard one groups music and have had no other issues with people drinking, smoking or other behavior. I am playing multiple local courses too. Is this a regional issue?

Michael Lee, you can only control your play.  Play smart, with respect for others and you can carry your head high.  Just try not letting the music from others bother you.  If you are playing as a single, make sure the Starter puts you with others.  The round can be more enjoyable when you meet others from around the world.  Be safe, Play golf.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

What we have here gentlemen is the inability to have fun at this wonderful game.  At 75 I feel bless to be able to go out and actually ride and play with all the medical issues, unfortunately I have, and enjoy myself and play in 3.5 to 4 hours three days a week with my men's senior league (ages 60-93).  We have a few Karens in our group also, but not this bad.  Their main complaints are about slow play.  I am a reformed smoker (stopped cold turkey in 1990 and choose not to play with those who smoke) our guys purchase their drinks from the cart girls and we do not allow cooler on the course.  This type of behavior is totally the responsibility of the management of the course should be addressed with them.   If it cannot be resolved, recommend changing courses.  Getting an ulcer is not the answer.  Hakuna matata.   😉

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

1 hour ago, ChuckZ said:

What we have here gentlemen is the inability to have fun at this wonderful game.  At 75 I feel bless to be able to go out and actually ride and play with all the medical issues, unfortunately I have, and enjoy myself and play in 3.5 to 4 hours three days a week with my men's senior league (ages 60-93).  We have a few Karens in our group also, but not this bad.  Their main complaints are about slow play.  I am a reformed smoker (stopped cold turkey in 1990 and choose not to play with those who smoke) our guys purchase their drinks from the cart girls and we do not allow cooler on the course.  This type of behavior is totally the responsibility of the management of the course should be addressed with them.   If it cannot be resolved, recommend changing courses.  Getting an ulcer is not the answer.  Hakuna matata.   😉

Amen Chuck, well said

On 11/3/2021 at 8:55 AM, Tiftaaft said:

While I prefer to walk (and carry), I ride more than I should for my game and health (it's better for me, and I'm more connected to my game when I walk).  So... 

Dear OP

• I usually drive a cart and follow the course rules for cart paths/90 degrees as needed for respect to the course
  • I haven't had a knee or hip replacement, though I did get a new pair of Footjoys last month.
  • I live in Houston - about as far south as you can get
  • I don't smoke, though some days you can smell my bad game from 100 yards away
  • I don't drink alcohol on the course
  • My course has a cooler attached to all the carts...so I don't have to bring my own
  • I replace and sand my divots, and others in the vicinity of my own
  • I fix my ball marks and others I see on the way to my ball on the green
  • I rake my traps, and other players footprints while I'm there (more often than I would like)
  • I play faster in a cart which allows me to spend more time making the course and experience better for my fellow golfers
  • I DO zoom around the course when there is nobody holding me back and can play 18 in 2.5 hours on occasion... but also have played rounds at 5+ hours when the course is busy.  It's golf.  
  • I patiently wait for the the 4 walkers in front of me to wave me through when they are looking for their ball in the hazard.
  • I am not a detriment to any golfer on the course... rider, walker or limper
  • While I'm not confident in my game from day to day - I am confident in my etiquette on the course (etiquette for the course AND for my fellow golfers).
  • I am not unique in the above bullets
  • Your comments are over generalized and directed at the few, not the majority.

AND .... you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, right?  

ROTFL  🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I wish I was still able to walk.  I have an autoimmune disorder that causes serious fatigue issues.  20 years ago I would almost always walk.  I was lucky enough to play the Old Course 12 years ago.  I can't imagine playing in a cart at St. Andrews.  Now I'm just happy to get out and play.  I'm an ex-smoker but smoking on the course doesn't bother me.  I don't care if you drink alcohol while playing.  Hey, it's your score that suffers -- do what you want.  Just don't hit into me and don't step on my line.  At the course I normally play, we have a few walkers but most ride.  I suspect the walkers are in a lot better shape.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 11/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, Michael J Lee said:

But what was not addressed by most of the responses was the importance of the exercise that walking golf offers

Keep in mind not every course is walker friendly. My home course is a bit hilly and spread out over 7.5 miles. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

41 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Keep in mind not every course is walker friendly. My home course is a bit hilly and spread out over 7.5 miles. 

Exactly. Most of the courses I play have elevation changes and long distances between holes. Some don’t allow walking at all

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1