TESTERS WANTED! ×

Women's Putters

DiscipleofPenick

I use a 32 inch putter currently. I've been thinking about swapping out flat sticks though. Because I am comfortable with such a sort putter, I would have to cut down or custom order to get one I like. I am seeing a number of "Womens" putters on eBay, etc. that are already 32 or 33 inch. Is there anything that specifically makes it a Women's putter other than the shorter length? Like is the putter made differently or balanced differently than the men's?

And I'm not talking about a little bit of pink paint fill, I'm comfortable enough in my masculinity that it won't bother me 😆. Especially if I make more putts.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

15 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I use a 32 inch putter currently. I've been thinking about swapping out flat sticks though. Because I am comfortable with such a sort putter, I would have to cut down or custom order to get one I like. I am seeing a number of "Womens" putters on eBay, etc. that are already 32 or 33 inch. Is there anything that specifically makes it a Women's putter other than the shorter length? Like is the putter made differently or balanced differently than the men's?

And I'm not talking about a little bit of pink paint fill, I'm comfortable enough in my masculinity that it won't bother me 😆. Especially if I make more putts.

While there may be some weight difference and as you mentioned color difference,  there really is no difference between “men’s” and “women’s” putters.  If you look across top OEM brands their generally isn’t a women’s line of putters; or golf clubs, they just play the standard models.   The players on the LPGA tour play the same putters generally just shorter than their male counterparts.   Adjusting the length of a putter really isn’t that big of a deal other than it impacts swingweight and total weight .  Some manufacturers provide heavier heads or adjustable weights to account for the shorter length.  Some people put just fine without the need for additional weight.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I somehow happened across an Acushnet Bullseye putter called the LaFemme.  It's basically the same as a Bullsyeye Flange but it's only 33" long and the grip is too small.   

I honestly don't remember how it wound up in my putter bag because it's been there for decades,

but I believe it may have been marketed as a women's putter in its day.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

While there may be some weight difference and as you mentioned color difference,  there really is no difference between “men’s” and “women’s” putters.  If you look across top OEM brands their generally isn’t a women’s line of putters; or golf clubs, they just play the standard models.   The players on the LPGA tour play the same putters generally just shorter than their male counterparts.   Adjusting the length of a putter really isn’t that big of a deal other than it impacts swingweight and total weight .  Some manufacturers provide heavier heads or adjustable weights to account for the shorter length.  Some people put just fine without the need for additional weight.  

Thanks that's what I thought. I've never heard a LPGA pro mention she uses a specifically women's putter. When I worked in sales I never saw the big OEMs release something with WOMEN stamped on it. Just curious if anything changed. As far as grip goes, it won't matter because I'm putting a SS Fatso on whatever I buy. I'm looking at TM Spiders and those have the weight ports.

Take Dead Aim

27 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Thanks that's what I thought. I've never heard a LPGA pro mention she uses a specifically women's putter. When I worked in sales I never saw the big OEMs release something with WOMEN stamped on it. Just curious if anything changed. As far as grip goes, it won't matter because I'm putting a SS Fatso on whatever I buy. I'm looking at TM Spiders and those have the weight ports.

Some of the OEMs have a womens line....Ping and Callaway are examples.   In days of old most of the manufacturers had signature models in a women's line.   Anya Alvarez  did a couple of articles with MGS and one of the articles was about how women play golf and don't need clubs that are painted pink.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

As you've probably seen when putter shopping the companies that market "Women's" putters primarily add a splash of color, most notably pink. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

47 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

As you've probably seen when putter shopping the companies that market "Women's" putters primarily add a splash of color, most notably pink. 

Which is funny because the women golfers I've met, my wife included, can't stand pink. But hey, let's put it on everything to denote Women's gear.

Take Dead Aim

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Which is funny because the women golfers I've met, my wife included, can't stand pink. But hey, let's put it on everything to denote Women's gear.

Same here. My wife will wear pink occasionally, but can't stand it on clubs.  

As an aside... when we joined this club, she asked the pro if she could play in the men's gangsome, because she didn't want to stop at the turn and to do her nails.  The pro said give the guys a chance to see you play; two weeks later the guys said it was OK if she wanted to join their group.  In the meantime my wife played with the Ladies league... there is a reason that the pro puts the women out ahead of the men's group; they play faster!  The guys said it was OK; she turned them down.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Same here. My wife will wear pink occasionally, but can't stand it on clubs.  

As an aside... when we joined this club, she asked the pro if she could play in the men's gangsome, because she didn't want to stop at the turn and to do her nails.  The pro said give the guys a chance to see you play; two weeks later the guys said it was OK if she wanted to join their group.  In the meantime my wife played with the Ladies league... there is a reason that the pro puts the women out ahead of the men's group; they play faster!  The guys said it was OK; she turned them down.  

I caddied at one of the nicer clubs in Cleveland for the better part of a decade. While I maybe only looped for the women 2 or 3 times a season, it was always a good round. Outside of the Women's Invitational & club champ, they weren't as serious as the men. They would talk to you more, most of them didn't hit the ball far enough to lose it, so I basically just walked down the middle of the fairway and handed them clubs, and they would buy snacks at the turn too (men were always good for a Gatorade, but a hot dog or chips you were on your own). I really liked it, and I was done fast enough I may get a second loop on the day too.

Take Dead Aim

5 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

My wife loves everything pink, clubs, grips, clothes hats, etc.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 11/3/2021 at 1:38 PM, DiscipleofPenick said:

I use a 32 inch putter currently. I've been thinking about swapping out flat sticks though. Because I am comfortable with such a sort putter, I would have to cut down or custom order to get one I like.

Something to consider DoP if you're looking at certain brands, Ping is doing that adjustable length stuff with their newer lines. Replacing the grip will basically make the key to change the height irrelevant, but you could buy a stock, get it to your length, then slap your Fatso on there.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Something to consider DoP if you're looking at certain brands, Ping is doing that adjustable length stuff with their newer lines. Replacing the grip will basically make the key to change the height irrelevant, but you could buy a stock, get it to your length, then slap your Fatso on there.

That's good to know. I know there's an Anser kicking around in my garage, but I'm mostly looking at TM Spiders. I game an Odyssey #7 now.

Take Dead Aim