TESTERS WANTED! ×

Spikes - yes or no?

DStar

Spikes - yes or no?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Currently in need of new shoes and have always worn spikes but do the new, spikeless, shoes work well in soft conditions?

• Yes
    • No

I'm in need of some new shoes as my Adidas are wearing through the heel and my ancient DryJoy Tour are splitting on the sole. 

I've always worn spikes as I think the grip is good in soft (winter) conditions but are the new spikeless shoes any good? They seem to be coming very popular but might they work for me? 

Also, what's the new equivalent to the the old DryJoy Tour?

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

Spikeless golf shoes, yes.  Other spikeless shoes, maybe.  Athletic shoes, probably not.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Depends on when and where you play. If you are an afternoon golfer or live in a dry climate spikeless are great. If you are a dew sweeper or live in a wet part of the country spiked.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I was also spikes only for decades, but the current purpose built spikeless golf shoes will work fine most of the time for most players. If you have a lot of foot action they may not, but for a controlled swing not an issue for most. In winter or rain, spikes might be necessary. I have two pairs of spikeless and one pair of spikes, so I choose accordingly. If I had only one I’d probably go spikeless knowing my feet might slip sometimes…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

As an avid golfer, who plays early in the morning 3 times a week, I need good sturdy spikes.  I also have torn ligaments in my left ankle so I need ankle support.  That said, I do have several pair of golf shoes to fit the occasion, 15 pair, both spiked and spikeless.  My most recent pair are spikeless and I tested and reviewed them on MGS…….Duca del Cosma.   Let me tell you, they grab so well, I had no issues with them on dew swept mornings.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

When looking for spikeless, my concern is more with waterproof / resistant than slip.  Playing early in the AM means dew and the greater nuisance is a squishy foot more than the rare slip.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I use to only play with spikes but have since changed to spikeless. Note not all spikeless shoes are equal - look at the bottoms especially the difference between a FJ Pro SL and some of the other brands. I currently wear FJ Superlites ($100 when not on sale), exceptionally comfortable, waterproof  and they have the same bottom as the Pro Sl for $200. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

37 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I use to only play with spikes but have since changed to spikeless. Note not all spikeless shoes are equal - look at the bottoms especially the difference between a FJ Pro SL and some of the other brands. I currently wear FJ Superlites ($100 when not on sale), exceptionally comfortable, waterproof  and they have the same bottom as the Pro Sl for $200. 

I have a pair as well….actually have a pair of each, superlite & pro/sl…..the only prob is the spikes will wear out easily. That said, buy with the understanding they won’t last forever.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Lol "NEW" spikeless shoes. Yes, they work great in any conditions. I swing hard and don't lose any footing. I have 7 or 8 pairs and only one has traditional spikes.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

My problem with spikeless is that I keep them too long and the "spikes" wear down way faster than the shoe wears out and unless I clean off the bottom of the shoe before each swing (which I don't) they start slipping from the buildup on the sole. With spiked shoes you can just replace the spikes at that point.

I have a number of spiked and spikeless shoes and they all hold up well in all conditions.  Am a fan of the Pro/SLs.  Great shoe.  You asked which shoe replaced the DryJoy Tours?  First really sad day when they dropped that line.  I still have four pair of the MyJoy DJ Tours Saddles in Red Lizard/White, Orange Tortoise Shell/White, Blue Black Lizard/White, Silver Fish/White.  Mine have been around a while, take good care of them.  Keep them clean with saddle soap and in cedar shoe trees keeping in pristine condition.  If you are looking for a shoe that will wear like the DJ Tour I would highly recommend the FJ Premiere shoes.  Much lighter with great traction.  I purchased the White skin/White saddle Packard #53922 recently and absolutely fell in love with them.  The Packards are spiked as are the Tarlows.  In the Premiere series they also make spikeless shoes in the Flint and Field Style.  A very popular shoe on tour as well as at member/member/guest events this year.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

5 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I have a pair as well….actually have a pair of each, superlite & pro/sl…..the only prob is the spikes will wear out easily. That said, buy with the understanding they won’t last forever.

The spikes on the Pro/SLs last longer if the shoes are worn only on the golf course.  Wearing them on the parking lots will decrease the life of the shoes.  I gave a pair of the test first generation to my neighbor before they were called Pro/SLs.  Still has good tread.    Have yet to have a pair wear out.  I only wear them on the course and take them off when I get to the car.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

To me, those that say they NEED spiked shoes, usually means they are off-balance during their swing.  The greatest swing in the history of the game, Sam Snead, would play practice rounds barefoot.  He said it helped him to tell when he was swinging too hard, and when he was off-balance.  If his foot slipped, it was time to pay attention to his balance and footwork, as he was getting sloppy with the swing.  So (at least in my opinion) spiked shoes encourage bad swings.  Now, if I was playing tournaments for decent money, I would wear spiked shoes for tournament play, but spikeless for practice rounds and on the range. 

So I look for:

1. comfortable shoes,
  2. stable shoes that I will not slide in the shoes,
  3. keep my feet dry (I am a dewsweeper), and
  4. give enough grip for walking hills with wet grass without slipping.  

Spikeless provides the extra benefit that I don't have to change shoes after a round, I can go to clubhouse, another bar or restaurant for lunch, dinner, or drinks.  The FootJoys, especially the Flex models, are my favorites of the 10 pairs of golf shoes that I wear (4 FJ Flex, 1 FJ Superlights, 2 Ecco, 2 Adidas, 1 Puma).

So I understand that a good pair of spikeless shoes now provides the same traction as a set of spiked shoes, but I don't get what the benefit of spikeless shoes are.  The only possible up side I see is that I can wear them all day every day, in which case the "spikes"/sole design that provide the traction are going to wear down pretty fast.  Obviously if I am a golf instructor or similar it would be extremely convenient to just be wearing the same pair of shoes all day since you don't want to be wearing spikes around in your office, etc but for the casual golfer what is the upside? 

Is it just not having to change shoes when you get to the course or finish your round?  I guess I could see some value in that if I was a member at some country club where they keep my clubs there, but since I'm not, I don't see a reason why taking the 45 seconds to swap shoes while I'm emptying my pockets and putting my clubs back into my trunk makes it worthwhile to even discuss whether or not it's worth getting a "good" pair of spikeless shoes to match the performance of a spiked shoe.

If I'm going to have a dedicated pair of shoes for golf, why not just have spiked shoes?  Now if you want to just have a pair of shoes to do everything in then obviously spikeless would be the way to go as walking around in golf spikes everywhere would be ridiculous...

I love the posts here. I've always been a spike guy, however my BIL picked me up for a round, and just wore his shoes without ever changing them. I'm very interested in the idea of spiked when wet, spikeless when dry. I never even considered that. 

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

I tired spikeless the past year and have had varied success.  I had a pair of G/Fore Gallivanters last year and had zero issues.  This year had a more athletic shoe type in the Nike 270G and if it was even slightly wet, I'd slip.  I went back to spikes this later in the year because I just do not want to have to worry about another aspect.

For reference, my driver swing speed ranges from 112 - 115.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I do have a pretty high swing speed and, as I'm in the UK where it can be wet quite a lot, I think I'll stick with some spikes for now and, maybe, look at getting some spikeless for the dry days.

Winter is coming so not much point getting SL's now. Going to have a look at some FJ Premier or Tour-X as I've been really happy with my DryJoys for comfort. 

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

6 hours ago, DStar said:

I do have a pretty high swing speed and, as I'm in the UK where it can be wet quite a lot, I think I'll stick with some spikes for now and, maybe, look at getting some spikeless for the dry days.

Winter is coming so not much point getting SL's now. Going to have a look at some FJ Premier or Tour-X as I've been really happy with my DryJoys for comfort. 

I think that is your best bet.  I did have the FJ Premiere Flint for a couple rounds and while not as good of grip as the Gallivanters, I think I only slipped a couple times through 3 rounds.  I got rid of them because of heal issues and just not fitting me properly, but I didn't mind the grip on those.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

21 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Yup - but at $100 pretty easy to rationalize. BTW with 15 pr of shoes - and rotating them they should last you another 10-15 years 😀

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Footwear is important and for me, I need to feel connected to the ground when I'd in my downswing. I go spike every time. Current shoes are best ever: Adidas boost! 

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

I see a lot of people commenting about some slippage when it is wet out, how are the spikeless shoes on uphill/downhill/sidehill lies?  Especially on some of the public courses where you might have thinner grass cover on these slopes.  I can see how spikeless shoes can be as good when you're in the fairway on flat ground, possibly even when wet, but I have a hard time believing they can match the performance when I'm standing with the ball 9 inches below my feet and the ground is wet/soggy and I may only have 70% grass cover and 30% dirt.  You're already off balance on those shots and having less traction seems like it would be a real problem.

My experience has been that there's significant differences in spikeless soles,  I had slipping problems with Puma Ignite NXT - they have a rounded lug sole and slipped on wet turf a few times.   I also have Adidas and New Balance Spikeless that have aggressive traction and rarely slip with those.    

Some of the FJ Flex and Nike models have flatish areas on their soles - I wouldn't trust those.  

Dave

Taylor Made Sim Driver and 5 wood

ping G400 3 wood

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal irons 4-G

Callaway Jaws MD wedges 54° and 58°

evnroll ER5 murdered out black putter

On 11/8/2021 at 7:56 AM, fozcycle said:

As an avid golfer, who plays early in the morning 3 times a week, I need good sturdy spikes.  I also have torn ligaments in my left ankle so I need ankle support.  That said, I do have several pair of golf shoes to fit the occasion, 15 pair, both spiked and spikeless.  My most recent pair are spikeless and I tested and reviewed them on MGS…….Duca del Cosma.   Let me tell you, they grab so well, I had no issues with them on dew swept mornings.  

You're old enough to have started with steel spikes as I did, Foz.  

How did you get confidence in soft spikes?  I was never able to make the transition.

I loved playing with the nails, and suffered badly when they were taken away.  I've literally fallen down with modern spikes.

Eventually, I gave up and went all the way to spikeless, which literally meant changing how I play.  I used to be able to consciously swing hard.  I haven't tried that in a long time.  Now it's strictly about staying in balance and taking as much club as I need or laying up if I have to.   

Fifteen pair is impressive--quite cool, actually--but I only go with three pair,

all the same identical model always in three different colors. 

They all wear out at once, and I get three more.  I've done that forever.  I need three for next season.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

3 hours ago, daverain1 said:

My experience has been that there's significant differences in spikeless soles,  I had slipping problems with Puma Ignite NXT - they have a rounded lug sole and slipped on wet turf a few times.   I also have Adidas and New Balance Spikeless that have aggressive traction and rarely slip with those.    

Some of the FJ Flex and Nike models have flatish areas on their soles - I wouldn't trust those.  

I'd agree - there is a huge difference in soft spikes. Having worn soft spikes and knowing the difference, If I was starting over and considering the transition to soft spikes, the first thing I'd look at is the sole - then comfort and lastly looks. And you're correct some Fj's have slight wavy soles vs. soft spikes - that's why I mentioned Pro/Sl and Superlites. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

21 hours ago, BostonSal said:

You're old enough to have started with steel spikes as I did, Foz.  

How did you get confidence in soft spikes?  I was never able to make the transition.

I loved playing with the nails, and suffered badly when they were taken away.  I've literally fallen down with modern spikes.

Eventually, I gave up and went all the way to spikeless, which literally meant changing how I play.  I used to be able to consciously swing hard.  I haven't tried that in a long time.  Now it's strictly about staying in balance and taking as much club as I need or laying up if I have to.   

Fifteen pair is impressive--quite cool, actually--but I only go with three pair,

all the same identical model always in three different colors. 

They all wear out at once, and I get three more.  I've done that forever.  I need three for next season.

I wa# 9 years old when I got my first set of spiked golf shoes…..walking around on the sidewalk outside the clubhouse made a clickety-clack sound. Made me feel a part of something.  Going from steel to plastic was tough, but as courses started banning steel, I had to get used to them.

I only wear spikeless if I'm walking on a dry sunny day. Otherwise, spikes. even softspikes,  give me confidence to swing normally, especially on uneven or bald lies. Also, there have been studies as to swing speed differences between spike and spikeless shoes. Currently Puma PWRADAPT Caged.

Buy Ecco from the website only. I bought Ecco Biom Hybrid in black and white, $220 msrp, bought on sale with 40% off sale prices for $90 each. Very soft leather, waterproof with Gore-Tex. Get on their email and follow on FB.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

I currently have three pair of golf shoes that I use. My foot joys have the removable spikes as well as pair that has non removable spikes. I have a pair of skechers that only have the non removable spikes. If it's really wet out I will tend to wear my foot joys with the removable spikes as they do provide more stability from slipping. Otherwise I will wear the other two pair alternating. 

Golfnut

I have several pairs of spikeless and one pair of spikes. Though I prefer spikeless the spikes are surprisingly more comfortable.

Edited by tehuti

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter