Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Callaway's - 2012 Online Catalog

GolfSpy_X

The first pic of Phil is pretty interesting - very different and gutsy pose for a high end product catalog. Too bad the opening/intro copy was generic and bland.

The RAZR FIT driver's hosel looks very good and the driver looks good at address. I definitely want to test it. The RAZR X Black looks cool too. If any company should do a flat brim it should be Callaway. With their old English stylized logo it would look very gangsta-golf.

I spy with my little eye something...

Went through this with a rep the other day. The more I think about it, the more I think the adjustability on the RAZR Fit makes sense for many/most players (fewer settings, bigger change between settings). Outside of that driver, there's not much that excites me in terms of the clubs.

As with TM, I'm probably most interested in the ball. From what I've heard, the Callaway 3 piece is going to be around $35, so I'll be curious to see how it compares to the TM 3 piece in terms of price and performance.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I would just wish that Callaway would have moved away from this whole- carbon fiber/ carbon composite BS. After the C4 (garbage) the original Fusion was garbage and the weights in the head of mine were rattling around like crazy. My FT-2 was separating (still have it i think). And then I think I went through 4 different FT-3's in one season (still have one, bomber driver). Great driver, the "fusion" of the two pieces on that seam just sucked. I went through two FT-5's and had enough with that one. Hit my FT-9 too high so gave that away. FT-9TA was/is a nice driver but bc it's carbon composite it worries me. My FT Tour- the weights were loose in the head after three shots- I remember saying "Are you f*cking kidding me?!?" and I was so excited for that driver! Last years RAZR Hawk- I got one and didn't even hit it. Gave it away. When the FT-3 and FT-5's were cracking like nobody's business, they should've just given up on composite materials. I'm so glad that they have moved away from the internal weights (which seemed to always come loose in the heads) and it's about damn time they have adjust-ability. How long's it been since the R7? 8 years? I've griped to my Rep for years "When are you coming out with adjust-ability? When are you ditching composite?" And mum was always the word. I hope this driver doesn't suck. Callaway needs something huge this year otherwise they'll be gonzo.

Have to say, I really love Callaway's opening misson statement from the book. I like them more just for that.

I'm kinda worried about all the iron sets. I know TM and Mizuno do this but I could easily see new customers get confused by 7 iron set offerings. Nice to see the Razr X forged carried along though. One of my favorite iron sets to date.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

My Favorite part is how everything is called the same thing.. "Hi. I would like to try the new Callaway razor irons..." "Ok, Which ones did you want to hit?" "You know, the new Razor.. from Callaway???" Ugh..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I am curious to see if there is a difference between the Razr X and the Razr X Black irons. Other than finish of course.

Seems like they target the same player.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I am curious to see if there is a difference between the Razr X and the Razr X Black irons. Other than finish of course.

Seems like they target the same player.

My rep told me it's the same club but they're charging an extra $100 for the black finish.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Archived