PXG 0311P Gen. 3  6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

The honest answer is that unless you have them in hand and are comparing them to an authentic set you probably can’t tell from photos. Counterfeits are that good.   The only way to ensure that the clubs are authentic is to buy from an authorized reseller.   But, You are obviously buying second hand since you marked out the sellers name. I don’t know the platform, but if it is a golf forum or eBay,  check the users reviews/feedback.      The seller seems to have a box; which is a good sign. I am pretty sure mizuno puts the club info on the end of the box so you could use that as a comparison or get the serial number and contact Mizuno.   

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

As mentioned, having the box is a good sign.  I would think you could get the serial number off the hosel's, make sure they all match from club to club and then check with Mizuno to see if it is a legit # and that it matches the 919 forged model and wasn't hijacked from something else.

• Like 2

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Unless you have better eyes than mine, you will need a magnifying glass to see the serial number.  It's printed on the hosels in teeny, tiny print... at least mine is on my MP20 HMBs.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Serial numbers aren’t that hard to see (pic below), and they’d be a sure sign. But serial numbers may only be on factory custom irons, not off the rack sets?

65056327-0D93-4C1B-B732-4C7BDE7BD00F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Adidas Codechaos, FJ DryJoys

Call the manufacturer and ask if the SN is legit.  If your head close-up is any indication, it could well be a factory second or a knockoff as there are many flaws in the head. Good luck!

Edited by Jurassical1
clarification

9 minutes ago, Jurassical1 said:

Call the manufacturer and ask if the SN is legit.  If your head close-up is any indication, it could well be a factory second if there is such a thing in club manufacturing. Good luck!

This x2.  

• Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Serial numbers aren’t that hard to see (pic below), and they’d be a sure sign. But serial numbers may only be on factory custom irons, not off the rack sets?

65056327-0D93-4C1B-B732-4C7BDE7BD00F.jpeg

Wow!  Lot easier to see than on chrome finish!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

They look like mine. Mine also came with the same shafts but different grips. The previous owner might have had them re gripped.

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

While certainly not a conclusive criteria, Mizuno, Srixon, and the other "smaller" brands are not counterfeited to the same extent as the big brands.  Fake Scotty Cameron, Ping, Callaway, TM, etc are far more prevalent.  Probably just boils down to market share as the number of people shopping for those brands just doesn't make it worthwhile to counterfeit them.  

• Like 1

Once you buy a used set, you are pretty much on your own.  Or if buying a new set online but not from an authorized Mizuno (any OEM) dealer online.

If the seller is not a reseller but is an actual end user, then your odds go up.  If a large reseller like 2nd Swing, they will guarantee authenticity.  So if the price is too good to be true, then it probably won't be truly authentic.  Mom & Pop resellers aren't well invested in checking for counterfeits.  

26 minutes ago, WiTerp50 said:

If the seller is not a reseller but is an actual end user, then your odds go up. 

Not sure which way you are going with this.  IMO, if you're buying clubs from an actual end user your odds of getting genuine clubs go up.  Most counterfeit clubs are going to be sold as new with the stock shaft so they can be passed off to unwitting consumers.  Getting a set of lightly played irons with a no-charge optional shaft (offered by Mizuno) indicates to me that these are probably the real deal.  It's not worth the time for an individual to get a set of counterfeit clubs and then go play them several rounds to get them into used shape and then turn around and sell them....

• Like 1

If the seller has the Mizuno blue box, ask him to show the invoice that came with the clubs. 

Callaway Epic SZ 9.5 degree driver

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Mizuno 2018 CLK 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-7 iron, MMC 8-PW

Mizuno T-20 50 deg gap wedge

Callaway Jaws 54 and 58 deg wedges

Ping Sigma G Wolverine T putter