Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Adding hybrid to bag

On 11/10/2021 at 11:13 PM, Pandaman said:

Try them, and get whichever works best for you.  Why limit yourself to just those?

Exactly. Spend some time at a store figuring out what appeals to you at address. And then spend some time hitting them and seeing what you like. 

Also, OP, what are you looking to get out of your hybrid? Based on your two choices, I'm guessing you're looking for more of a player's distance hybrid with a bit of forgiveness still in there? However, that's a guess. Are you wanting something workable? Something that you can use as a consistent tee club as well? Something that gets the ball up in the air? Or just something that makes the ball go brrrr and goes for miles? 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

On 11/11/2021 at 12:46 AM, Slashski said:

Looking at the apex21 19 degree or the tsi3 hybrid. Any input? 

Before you commit, try a 5 or 7 wood instead.  They launch the ball higher, and are more forgiving.  At least compare a hybrid to one of these woods.  I put a 5 wood in my bag about a year ago, and took out my 3 hybrid and I could not have been happier.  Something to think about.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 11/11/2021 at 12:46 AM, Slashski said:

Looking at the apex21 19 degree or the tsi3 hybrid. Any input? 

As stated this is hard to answer, without more information.  Are you filling in a distance with a hybrid, replacing 3/4 iron, that you struggle to hit?  I replaced my 3 iron with a 2 hybrid, and found the 2 hybrid much easier to hit than the 3 iron.  Gives me a club for longer 200 yard par 3's.  I would consider how often you are going to hit it.  As a complete personal note, on the side, I use mine once every other round maybe.  I bought mine 8 years ago from a knock off place (Gigagolf), and it is a great club that I still use today, and at that time is cost me $41.00 (including shipping and handling).

I would just make sure to evaluate the reason you are getting it, and other things listed here to determine, type and cost you want expend, and that only you can determine. Not sure I helped, but thats what I considered when I purchased mine.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV