Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Ryder Cup intensity is not just between US and Europe

Moecat

http://www.onenewspage.com/news/Sports/20100311/9048575/Golf-Japan-Korea-to-hold-team-event.htm

The Japan Golf Tour Organization said Thursday a team event will be held between Japanese and South Korean players in a suburb of Seoul on Sept. 10-12. The $700,000 event, which this time around will be called the Hyundai Capital Invitational, will be the second of its kind and the first since South Korea won the inaugural meet in 2004.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTOE62A08U20100311

TOKYO, March 11 (Reuters) - Japan's Ryo Ishikawa and South Korean Noh Seung-yul could meet in a clash of talented teenagers when the countries face off in Seoul in September.

Japan's JGTO Tour on Thursday announced the Asian rivals would resume their rivalry following the first meeting between them in 2004 which was won by the Koreans.

The match will take place from Sept. 10-12 with 10 players from each country taking each other on in strokeplay competition with a purse of $700,000.

Ishikawa, last season's leading money earner on the JGTO Tour, is already one of Japan's biggest sporting celebrities.

Fellow 18-year-old Noh on Thursday booked his major tournament debut at this year's British Open after winning the Malaysian Open.

A head-to-head battle between the two prodigious talents would be a dream match-up for television stations in Japan and South Korea.

(Reporting by Alastair Himmer. Editing by Ed Osmond. To query or comment on this story email [email protected])

• SPY VIP

I would watch this, but what do you think the chances are that it will see broadcast in the US or elsewhere? Will GC run it live, late at night. Would dvr it for certain.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I would watch this, but what do you think the chances are that it will see broadcast in the US or elsewhere? Will GC run it live, late at night. Would dvr it for certain.

I doubt it. They seem to put the LPGA above the EURO tour, I doubt Korea v Japan will get much love from TGC.

This is a cool idea, but I don't know that I'd watch it since I wouldn't know any of the players. Hard to be too involved if you don't have any kind of rooting interest.

My feelings exactly....and why I think the Tour needs to implement the "every tournament every 4 or 5 yrs" clause....but that's in another thread. :lol:

• SPY VIP

This is a cool idea, but I don't know that I'd watch it since I wouldn't know any of the players. Hard to be too involved if you don't have any kind of rooting interest.

Doesn't take too long to get to know them though. I watch a lot of English Premier League Football. Not as knowledgeable as a local, but I quickly learned the players of my team and some of the inter team drama.

If the magic TV box does its job, then the backstory could be presented quickly. I think it could be exciting.

Ryder Cup format is always my favorite.

Volvo Intorqueo

Wow. Those two countries have a long history of not liking each other. That would be a blast to watch!

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Doesn't take too long to get to know them though. I watch a lot of English Premier League Football. Not as knowledgeable as a local, but I quickly learned the players of my team and some of the inter team drama.

If the magic TV box does its job, then the backstory could be presented quickly. I think it could be exciting.

That's true, in a short amount of time TV can build up your excitement in just about any event with a little back story. And watching any kind of golf is still better than most other things.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

The 2nd article I posted only mentions stroke play format. That would be a shame if there was no additional variety.

• SPY VIP

The 2nd article I posted only mentions stroke play format. That would be a shame if there was no additional variety.

OK, excitement level lowers. Hoping for Match play...

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived