Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Clubs you most look forward to trying in 2012

RookieBlue7

So, the 2012 club season it nearly upon us, so what better time to gauge interest from the masses on what's going to be hot in 2012 than now? As I sit on the holidays, looking at the giftcards I've gotten for various golf product, I simply have to ponder what to spend them on or what to save them for. That got me to thinking about the 2012 releases and wondering what everyone is most anxious to try. Here's my list:

Drivers:

TaylorMade R11s

Adams Fast12

Fairways:

TaylorMade RBZ

TaylorMade R11s

Hybrids:

Taylormade RBZ

Adams new PNT proto I've heard about

Irons:

Adams CB3

TaylorMade R11 TP (rumored)

TaylorMade R11 Forged (rumored in Japan)

Ping i20

Putters:

I'll try them all, lol, as I've already started.

Happy holidays, and what are you looking forward to putting your giftcards toward?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

looking at Idea Pro 12 and the MB2 irons.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

• SPY VIP

So, the 2012 club season it nearly upon us, so what better time to gauge interest from the masses on what's going to be hot in 2012 than now? As I sit on the holidays, looking at the giftcards I've gotten for various golf product, I simply have to ponder what to spend them on or what to save them for. That got me to thinking about the 2012 releases and wondering what everyone is most anxious to try. Here's my list:

Drivers:

TaylorMade R11s

Adams Fast12

Fairways:

TaylorMade RBZ

TaylorMade R11s

Hybrids:

Taylormade RBZ

Adams new PNT proto I've heard about

Irons:

Adams CB3

TaylorMade R11 TP (rumored)

TaylorMade R11 Forged (rumored in Japan)

Ping i20

Putters:

I'll try them all, lol, as I've already started.

Happy holidays, and what are you looking forward to putting your giftcards toward?

Heavy on the TM here RookieBlue :). We're certainly interested to see what golfers are most looking forward to this coming season. For me, it breaks down like this.

Drivers:

Callway RAZR Fit

Nike VRS (two fined and hopefully vastly improved adjustability combined with outstanding performance from their predecessors make these the two most intriguing of the coming year).

Adams 9088LS (or whatever the replacement for the 9064LS ends up being)

TaylorMade drivers always generate a lot of buzz but the R11S doesn't read like a new product. Just a tweaked R11. Everything about this club suggests it was planned for earlier this year the mid-summer compliment to the original.

Show me a mid-season R12, and then I'm curious...probably even excited.

Fairway Woods: (Prefaced by saying I don't even carry one any more)

Adams F11 & TM RocketBallz (and TE CB5 if one materializes). This is shaping up as the most compelling head to head test we could do this year. Great picks, RookieBlue.

Add the Cobra AMP, though mostly as a curiosity.

Hybrids:

An Adams PNT would be interesting for sure. Beyond that, nothing really exciting for me yet.

I'd like to look at the Miura hybrid as well, although I have my doubts.

Irons:

Titleist AP2s (already available)

Adams CB3

Mizuno MP-54 & MP-64 (fall for sure)

Wedges:

TaylorMade ATV - Looks like they're trying to build off several interesting elements of wedge design, and combine them into a single club. I'm definitely intrigued.

Putters: Not a huge putter guy by any stretch.

Nike Method Concept is a curiosity. The Radius stuff we've seen is very nice. SuperStroke looks interesting, but I'm probably most interested in the belly putter story and whether or not they remain the hottest thing in equipment.

Balls:

Callaway HX Black

TaylorMade Penta TP5 (The Penta is hands down my favorite ball. If it gets better, I'm not going to want to play anything else)

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

I would really be interested in a Tel3 Cameron Studio Select Newport if they are more than just a rumor.

Otherwise Razr Fit driver for sure.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

The only TM product I would like to try would be the RBZ FW to see how I gain 17 yards :D and the Penta T3 ball..

I'm curious about the Adams F12 and obviously, the Bridgestone after displacing the 9064 of the top of the MGS list.

Irons I can only think of the new Wilson V2s

Heavy on the TM here RookieBlue :). We're certainly interested to see what golfers are most looking forward to this coming season. For me, it breaks down like this.

Drivers:

Callway RAZR Fit

Nike VRS (two fined and hopefully vastly improved adjustability combined with outstanding performance from their predecessors make these the two most intriguing of the coming year).

Adams 9088LS (or whatever the replacement for the 9064LS ends up being)

TaylorMade drivers always generate a lot of buzz but the R11S doesn't read like a new product. Just a tweaked R11. Everything about this club suggests it was planned for earlier this year the mid-summer compliment to the original.

Show me a mid-season R12, and then I'm curious...probably even excited.

Fairway Woods: (Prefaced by saying I don't even carry one any more)

Adams F11 & TM RocketBallz (and TE CB5 if one materializes). This is shaping up as the most compelling head to head test we could do this year. Great picks, RookieBlue.

Add the Cobra AMP, though mostly as a curiosity.

Hybrids:

An Adams PNT would be interesting for sure. Beyond that, nothing really exciting for me yet.

I'd like to look at the Miura hybrid as well, although I have my doubts.

Irons:

Titleist AP2s (already available)

Adams CB3

Mizuno MP-54 & MP-64 (fall for sure)

Wedges:

TaylorMade ATV - Looks like they're trying to build off several interesting elements of wedge design, and combine them into a single club. I'm definitely intrigued.

Putters: Not a huge putter guy by any stretch.

Nike Method Concept is a curiosity. The Radius stuff we've seen is very nice. SuperStroke looks interesting, but I'm probably most interested in the belly putter story and whether or not they remain the hottest thing in equipment.

Balls:

Callaway HX Black

TaylorMade Penta TP5 (The Penta is hands down my favorite ball. If it gets better, I'm not going to want to play anything else)

Hey, I gotta start somewhere, and the new TM stuff and a few rumors are all I really have seen that I've been intrigued by (the ATV wedges really did ZERO for me, I wished they'd have stuck with the xFT wedges, though they're still gonna make the inserts for at least this season and into the spring of next year).

I'm hoping beyond hope that Scotty does a remake the TeI3, and do a 2.6 head in it, but I'm a doubting Thomas. To me, that's the absolute sexiest and best feeling putter ever made, and there was never a head shape I could putt into a 5 gallon bucket with unless I decided to get jiggy with a serious cut and weld.

I forgot to include the balls I look forward to testing. I really want to try both of the new Pentas, as I've heard at least one is built around the Penta and TP Red platforms, combined (LOVED the TP Red).

Course, I'd also love to test out a set of the new, redesigned Scratch TD irons, but those aren't just your average everyday off the rack set you can just go try. I've been threatening Ari a few times about visiting their HQ and going through a fitting, but it's still a wad of coin to drop on an iron set even if the fit is right(threatening as in talking to him about going). I've had 2 sets of the old DW TD stuff, and I've sold them both times after SWMBO found out how much I payed for them. (Single income household, with me being the only one working. We're not hurting by any stretch, but with that said, she still doesn't like seeing me drop that kind of coin on clubs.)

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I am looking forward to course testing the new Cleveland Launcher Classic and Classic Tour driver. On the range it is quite good, so I am excited to get it on the course.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Hi alltogether

I'm looking forward to the following clubs:

1. Drivers: the new design, we are working on right now ;-)

2. FW: see drivers

3. Hybrids: see fairways

4. Irons: Scratch EZ-1 and Vega cavity

5. Wedges: Scratch 1018 and Vega forged

6. Putters: Kramski and Radius

7. Shafts: Roddio products (already hit VTS and G-Series)

For the balls, I'm going to stick with the Bridgestone 330

Regards

Michael

• SPY VIP

Hi alltogether

I'm looking forward to the following clubs:

1. Drivers: the new design, we are working on right now ;-)

2. FW: see drivers

3. Hybrids: see fairways

4. Irons: Scratch EZ-1 and Vega cavity

5. Wedges: Scratch 1018 and Vega forged

6. Putters: Kramski and Radius

7. Shafts: Roddio products (already hit VTS and G-Series)

For the balls, I'm going to stick with the Bridgestone 330

Regards

Michael

While obviously I have no knowledge of your driver, fairway, or hybrids, looking at your list...

I have a Radius putter in my hand right now (ok...truth in advertising, it's like 6 feet away, but it could be in my hand if I wanted it to be). We're clearing up some behind the scenes stuff right now, but I fully expect we'll end up testing the Vega forged wedges as well.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Putting together a list of hybrids to try once my new irons come in and I have a sense of the gap to fill between my five iron and seven wood. Adams A12 and a couple of Pings (G20, i20) will be on the short list.

Will probably order some Eidolon wedges--very nice feel, and very reasonably priced now that they're pushing the SCOR line.

Also want to hit some drivers just to remind myself that nothing out there will magically enable me to fly a golf ball more than 220 yards. The Cleveland Classic is interesting, more for its shape than its looks (ecch). G20, maybe. Like to stumble on a Geek Fail Safe 3 at some point as well. Be pretty surprised if I actually replaced my current gamer, though.

Everything else is set.

Cleveland Black 10.5*

Ping G15 4W

Cleveland Mashie 18*

Cleveland Mashie 23*

Ping G15 5-W

Eidolon 51*

Ping G20 SW

Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-01

Hi Golfspy T,

as soon, as I have permission to show some of the stuff, we are working on right now, I will contact the Spy-Team and see, if you are interested in the project.

And foe the VEGA and Radius stuff - I saw their product last year in Orlando, but had a new set of Wishon 560MC built just four weeks ago with Matrix Programm HD130 shafts. So getting a new set was not on the agenda. But as a true club ho, it's time to move on, since I play the 560s now for four years in different configurations. For 2012, I would like to build a super high end bag. Well, I will see what there is going to be in the bag in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Michael

Hi Golfspy T,

as soon, as I have permission to show some of the stuff, we are working on right now, I will contact the Spy-Team and see, if you are interested in the project.

And foe the VEGA and Radius stuff - I saw their product last year in Orlando, but had a new set of Wishon 560MC built just four weeks ago with Matrix Programm HD130 shafts. So getting a new set was not on the agenda. But as a true club ho, it's time to move on, since I play the 560s now for four years in different configurations. For 2012, I would like to build a super high end bag. Well, I will see what there is going to be in the bag in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Michael

What did you think of the Program shafts? I'm a big fan of Matrix shafts, and I would be interested in graphite iron shafts if they were heavy enough (as the 130's are). What steel shafts could you compare them to in terms of ball flight?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Hi Matt

to me, the closest comparison ballflight wise would be the standard KBS Tour. For my swing, these two shafts behave pretty much the same. I need the graphite for my sore wrists and ellbows. Steel kills them over a short period of time.

Regarda

Michael

Oh...that was the wrong answer for my bank account (KBS Tour is my go to iron shaft). Maybe I can try some at the PGA Show and convince myself that I hate them...unlikely, I fear.

On a serious note, thanks for the quick reply.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

1.Ping I20 line

2.R11s Driver

3.Razr Fit

4.Rocketballz( jst for the heck of it)

5.Cobra Long tom

6.ATV wedge(how is it different frm a medium bounce wedge that we ald have)

7.Bridgestone J40 line

8.Nike VrS

wow seems lk a lot of stuff to try

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Adams Fast 12 LS Driver, fast 12 3wd, RBZ 3wd