TESTERS WANTED! ×

Plumbers neck vs. Slant neck

mchiller

Curious if anyone knows the difference between what a plumbers neck and slant neck on a putter or supposed to promote.  I have a slant neck Spider and a plumbers neck PXG closer and both have the same amount of toe hang.  The slant neck seems to be newer and I'm not as familiar with it.

Toe hang is about where the shaft would intersect the putter head.   Closer to the center the less toe hang the putter will have;  move the intersection point toward the heel and you will get more toe hang.     the big differences between a slant neck and plumbers neck is visual appearance and amount of offset that you typically see.   slant necks are 0 to full offset while plumbers necks are generally 1/2 to full.    Visually a short plumbers neck toward the heel might be considered odd so manufacturers typically use a short slant neck.   Slant necks also blend a little better when transitioning from shaft to hosel. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I like necks that have “more downwards angle”like plumbers neck or double bend. I feel I can get the ball rolling quicker  I feel like I need to arch my wrist bit more. 
The slant necks and flow neck look “ nice and slick” but I just cannot hole as many putts with them

Toe hang can make big difference or not at. all depending who you talk to 

I use to like lots of toe hang cause it felt like the rest of golf clubs but I feel rolling the ball is very different stroke from swinging the club and require as little face  rotation  as possible  I m currently using face balance putter.