Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Oncore Vero X1

MNUte

Good morning fellow golf nerds! 

TXG just released their review of the Oncore Vero X1 (with a nice little shout out to MGS's ball test and compression numbers). Since I couldn't find a thread on it when I made a search, I wanted to ask if anyone's used these yet? Any thoughts or opinions. The performance looks really good, especially at the price. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

I tried these balls when they first came out and was pretty impressed with them.  They did everything I needed them to do in a premium ball.  I didn't find the price to be all that great of a value compared to a lot of other premium balls out there so I decided to stick with my Maxfli Tour CG balls.  

My bag is a revolving door!

I was part of Golf EQ's testing back in the summer and played several rounds with it as well as some dry-ball data collection. I think it's a great ball for a player needing to reduce their spin. Personally, it didn't work for me. I couldn't keep it in the air off the driver! My spinniest shot was somewhere around 1800 revs. Off the irons though, it's a monster. Towering shots that carried forever and (somewhat surprisingly) high spin around the greens. Honestly, if it had just a couple hundred more rpm off the driver, I'd game it immediately. We couldn't correlate any data to confirm that the 'perimeter weighting' made it more forgiving, but anecdotally I did seem to have more trouble working the ball (i.e. it likes to fly straight) which could just as well be because it's generally and relatively a low-spin ball. (Not Left Dash low-spin, but certainly lower than ProV1.)

If you do OnCore's ball fit quiz, you can get a discount plus they generally run sales and discounts periodically. I would recommend grabbing a dozen and trying it out.  

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Right now OnCore has all of their balls buy 2 get one free. I played the Elixir all last summer and it fit my game

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir