TESTERS WANTED! ×

Jamo's bag

Get ready, this is a super long post. I even included a little bio of every club.

Driver: Taylor Made SuperQuad 10.5* Stiff

102_0894.JPG

3 Wood: Nike Dymo 13* Stiff

102_0896.JPG

2 Hybrid: Mizuno MX 700 17* Stiff

102_0900.JPG

3-PW irons: Mizuno MP-57 Stiff

102_0901.JPG

102_0902.JPG

102_0903.JPG

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54* 11* Stiff

102_0906.JPG

Lob Wedge: Mizuno MP R 60* 9*

102_0907.JPG

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34in.

102_0908.JPG

Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 3.0 White/Black

102_0910.JPG

Golf Balls: Taylor Made TP Red, Titleist ProV1

102_0911.JPG

Grip: Golf Pride Multi Compound White

102_0895.JPG

Glove: Taylor Made Targa Tour

102_0912.JPG

Bag: Titleist x86 Stand Bag

102_0913.JPG

Driver: Taylor Made r7 SuperQuad 10.5* Stiff – This is quite simply the best driver I've ever hit. I like the shape, I like the ability to move the weights, I like the color. I either want to reshaft it, or get a Titleist 909 D2 or a Taylor Made R9 SuperTri. HOW IT LOOKS: The thing I like the most about the looks is the all black finish The face it black, the crown is black, and the sole is black. It really helps to frame the ball, thought the paint is mostly off of the face and the sole. The shape is not that of a traditional pear, but it is symmetrical, that is it doesn't look like there is more weight out towards the toe. HOW IS PLAYS: This club has a good, solid feel, and it is very forgiving, though it isn't as long as some competitors. This could be because I never got fit for it, and it spins way too much. It is fairly light, and I like that I can change that by adding weight. There's nothing left really to say, other than I love the club but I wish I could get it fit for my swing. Driver Timeline: AMF- Orlimar Trimetal- Taylor Made r7 Superquad

3-Wood: Nike Dymo 15* Stiff: I've never really never found a 3-wood that I really liked. Some are good off the deck, and some are good off the tee, but none that are good at both. This club is mediocre at both. HOW IT LOOKS: It has a “keel” down the middle of the sole that is supposed to make it better off the deck, and it gives it a triangle shape for the face. The rest of the club is goof looking, and the Powerbow really does make it look smaller. The sole is a little busy, but that's why it's on the sole. HOW IT PLAYS: Off the deck, the club cuts through the grass nicely, but off the tee, because the face is a triangle-ish shape, it is very unforgiving. It is very easy to catch it very thin and hardly hit the ball. Thus it goes about 20 yards and nose-dives when you hit it like that. It's a good club, but it could be better. I like the Nike SQ SUMO a little better, and if I find a good cheap one I just might buy it. 3-Wood Timeline: Orlimar Trimetal- Nike SQ SUMO, it is very unforgiving. It is very easy to catch it very thin and hardly hit the ball. Thus it goes about 20 yards and nose-dives when you hit it like that. It's a good club, but it could be better. I like the Nike SQ SUMO a little better, and if I find a good cheap one I just might buy it. 3-Wood Timeline: Orlimar Trimetal- Nike SQ SUMO²- Nike Dymo

2 Hybrid: Mizuno MX 700 17* Stiff: I like this hybrid, but down love it. Like 3-woods, I've never found what that I love. This one gets the ball way up in the air, but it is a little too big to hit out of all lies. I also like the new Mizuno, the Titlist 909, and the Taylor Made Rescue. HOW IT LOOKS: The crown is like that of Cleveland Hybores, and it drops down behind the face. It also has an odd design. I haven't even had it for a year and already most of the paint has worn off. HOW IT PLAYS: This club hits it higher than any club I've ever hit. In the wind it's terrible, but it also goes a long way, so it guess that makes up for it. Hybrid Timeline: Orlimar Trimetal- Nike SQ SUMO²- Nike SQ SUMO- Mizuno MX 700

Irons 3-pw: Mizuno MO-57 Stiff: Love them. The look great, they are buttery soft, and the fly nice and high, not to mention far. HOW THEY LOOK: These clubs are very simply designed. They are forged, and chrome plated, with a very slight cavity. The sole is nice and thin, which is a big improvement over my prior irons. HOW THEY PLAY: These clubs are very soft, though this has led to some extensive bag clatter, which just adds to their character. Though they are nearly blades, they hit it high and far. They give you a good sting when you miss-hit it, but not so much that your hands hurt. Irons Timeline: Orlimar Trimetal- Mizuno MP-57

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54* 11*: This is one of the clubs that I have found to be perfect. I just got it after upgrading from the 56* so I could get a little more distance out of my SW to fill a distance gap. Now, it goes a perfect 100 yards with an easy swing, and I can get it up to 115 yards with a more aggressive one. HOW IT LOOKS: I got the oil can finish because I like the look when it rusts. I make sure to keep the face clean, but the back of the club gets very rusty. HOW IT PLAYS: it isn't the softest club, it is cast after all, but it has a very good feel. It spins the ball more than any other club, from any lie, even out of the rough. SW Timeline: Orlimar Trimetal- Nicklaus Manganese Bronze 56*-Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56*- Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54*

Lob Wedge: Mizuno MP R 60* 9*: I bought this blub in the summer after my old Nike got to worn down to put any spin on the ball, and I got a good deal. It is forged, and very soft, and has a good deal of spin, but does not rival that of the Vokey. I'm thinking of buying a Vokey or a TM xFT. HOW IT LOOKS: The MP R has a very clean look, and, since I have the Black Nickel finish, it blocks a lot of glare. It is very clean and simple, like most other wedges. HOW IT PLAYS: Like I said, very good fell, decent spin. I use this club out of the sand, and I hit 95% of chips and pitches with it, so it gets a lot of use. It isn't particularly durable, and it is almost to worn out. LW Timeline: Orlimar Trimetal- Nike SV Chrome- Mizuno MP R

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34in- I love this putter, but the lie angle isn't quite right. The feel is good, and it rolls the ball very true. HOW IT LOOKS: The shape is great, but I wish I could change the colors without sending into the Custom Shop. I know I could do it without sending it in, but I don't really want to. HOW IT PLAYS: Nothing really to say here. Maybe I should try lefty. I hit most putts well, but it seems on ever putt I either leave the club a touch open or closed, or I miss-read it by a small amount, or I hit it a touch too hard or soft. I lip-out more than anyone in the world. Putter Timeline: J:3 Junior putter- Nike OZ Black 160- Nike Unitized Tiempo- Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 3.0: I like these shoes. Good stability, good looks, good fit. I might get the Tour LTD, since they are only $150 now.

Golf Balls: Taylor Made TP Red and Titlist ProV1: I prefer the TP Reds, but on the golf team we got a free ProV1 per match so I accumulated a bunch. The TM's go farther, but have a little less spin. The feel is about the same.

Grip: Golf Pride Multi Compound White: These are great, but pricy, so I have the stock grips on every club but the driver. They last a while too, because I can sand them down when they are worn.

Glove: Taylor Made Targa Tour: I like the look of these, and they are very durable, though I need to have a couple because they get sweaty.

Bag: Titleist x86 Stand Bag: I've had Nikes and Callaways but this is my favorite, and the lightest. I could do with one more pocket, though.

Nice well used set there. Have you looked at taking the putter in for a fitting? They could dial in the loft and lie issues.

I actually recently got it bent about 3* flat, but I'm thinking of having it bent another couple degrees.

• SPY VIP

I actually recently got it bent about 3* flat, but I'm thinking of having it bent another couple degrees.

Keep us/me posted. You play/score so well already that it seems like finding the right fitting would reap huge benefit.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Good pics & write up. We have lots of similarities: MP-57's, same bag, same balls, Vokey(s), TM driver. I loved the Superquad too, but I had a 425 that was working really well when the Superquad was readily available, so I ended up jumping to the R9 460.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Thanks for sharing your bag pics and all of that detailed description! B)

What do you think may be your next hybrid?

I like the looks of Mizuno's old CLK MP hybrid, but they don't make it anymore. The new MP hybrid has the drop down crown like mine, which I'm not crazy about. The two I like are the Taylor Made Rescue '09 and the Titleist 909h.

Great looking kit Jamo but take care of those shoes man. You should be ashamed of yourself! B)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I like the looks of Mizuno's old CLK MP hybrid, but they don't make it anymore. The new MP hybrid has the drop down crown like mine, which I'm not crazy about. The two I like are the Taylor Made Rescue '09 and the Titleist 909h.

I hit the Titleist hybrids the other day and thought they were pretty nice, and very good looking. I imagine at your handicap, you don't mind that they're a bit anti-left (at least that was my experience hitting them).

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 11 months later...

Here's an update. If I had to guess back in March which clubs I would have switched out, I would not have guessed putter, irons, or 3 wood (well, maybe I would have guessed the 3 wood). Anyways, I had a DSLR camera for a school project, so I decided to get some use out of it.

IMGP0350-1.jpg

IMGP0351-1.jpg

IMGP0353-1.jpg

IMGP0354-1.jpg

IMGP0355-1.jpg

IMGP0356-1.jpg

IMGP0357-1.jpg

IMGP0359-1.jpg

IMGP0360.jpg

IMGP0361.JPG

VERY NICE!!!!! VR Pro Combo... Scratch Putter. Looking good. Do the bunched together grooves on the new Nike irons get any easier to look at after a while???

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

VERY NICE!!!!! VR Pro Combo... Scratch Putter. Looking good. Do the bunched together grooves on the new Nike irons get any easier to look at after a while???

It actually took all of 20 seconds for me to adjust to the look of the grooves, and the spin is amazing! I tested it on a simulator and the spin from the Nikes was nearly identical to the spin from my Mizunos (with nonconforming grooves) from a dry lie. Crazy stuff.

Excellent post and detail great pictures!! Being a club junkie / club hoe I really enjoyed it. looks like you have a excellent setup

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

How did you land that Scrath putter? I'm thinking of either trying the Nike Combo's or the Cally Razr X Forged, I believe they are both Endo forgings as well which are my favorite!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

How did you land that Scrath putter? I'm thinking of either trying the Nike Combo's or the Cally Razr X Forged, I believe they are both Endo forgings as well which are my favorite!

The Grand Opening contest back in March a year ago. I came in fourth which include, among others, a handmade Scratch putter. :D

The Grand Opening contest back in March a year ago. I came in fourth which include, among others, a handmade Scratch putter. :D

Holy crap- for 4th? What were they giving away for first, your own personal airplane? :lol: Seems like that was a helluva contest!

Holy crap- for 4th? What were they giving away for first, your own personal airplane? :lol: Seems like that was a helluva contest!

I forget most of the stuff. I know Sactown got custom Solus wedges and a set of Mizuno irons, MSaternus got a Bettinardi and other stuff for second, and Addicted2Golf got a Byron Morgan and some other stuff for 3rd. You'll have to ask them for specifics.

FWIW, the other stuff that I got was a Cleveland BRZ 4.5 putter (currently in my car trunk), a signed picture of Paddy Harrington with his 3 major trophies (will be framed when I get around to it), and a Wilson Staff staff bag (which I use on the off chance that I use a cart).

That contest was fun. A lot of late nights and early mornings. But lots of fun.

Archived